Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit - (Synth One) - Synthesizer ... Out Now!!! - (Freeeeeee..) - updated with Link..

Comments

• This app is simply amazing! I can't wait for the AUv3 plugin. Is FM Player also going to have AUv3 plugin? It would be bloody awesome :)

• edited June 2018

Thanks for the update.. seem to have fixed timing/latency issues..

Wonderful instrument..

• Ya, dream with me is going on my next ep, so chill and perfect with some daw cassette and eos2

• Hmmm. For some reason I read somewhere it was going to be universal. Looks good tho

• Oh man....Brice Aquatica Arp preset is just wonderful. It just inspires me to start my first iPad only track after longer time. Building on this preset and a simple chord i´ve added Zeeon and Garage Band (oh i love Alchemy on the iPad again....still the most moving and best morphing sounds in a synth ever) and Model D.
    I must say i got a bit of new love to iOS now.
    So like i said...this synth is great to get inspired!

• edited June 2018

This is a great release, and, a real great project, but, forgive me if I’m wrong, but in my ears this synth never reach the sound quality of Synthmaster One or Zeeon (or the Moog family)...

The same goes to LayR, it looks amazing, it sounds amazing (especially patches from @brice and @RedSkyLullaby ), but it not that spot on that my ears delivers from Synthmaster Player and Synthmaster One...

This is subjective from my point of view, and, many of you may not agree with this...

Every aspect of Synth One is great although; nice UI, great screen controls, amazing amount of possibilities etc etc...
    Perhaps later on mr Matt has reach to new levels with this open source project!
    There is much to love with this synth, but Synthmaster One gets my attention just now...

• ALBALB
    edited June 2018

@ErrkaPetti said:
    This is a great release, and, a real great project, but, forgive me if I’m wrong, but in my ears this synth never reach the sound quality of Synthmaster One or Zeeon (or the Moog family)...

The same goes to LayR, it looks amazing, it sounds amazing (especially patches from @brice and @RedSkyLullaby ), but it not that spot on that my ears delivers from Synthmaster Player and Synthmaster One...

This is subjective from my point of view, and, many of you may not agree with this...

Every aspect of Synth One is great although; nice UI, great screen controls, amazing amount of possibilities etc etc...
    There is much to love with this synth, but Synthmaster One gets my attention just now...

Yeah, I totally disagree. I like the sound of this much better than SynthMaster One which has a basic sound that I find a bit disappointing. The one filter in Synth One seems to have more character to me than the two that are in SM1. Granted, it can’t do all the many things that SM1 can, but when I want to curl up with a synth and just make patches and sounds, I would grab Synth One in a heartbeat over SM1. To me, it’s not just cheaper (like, infinitely cheaper), it has a superior sound quality. Your mileage may differ and that’s cool... obviously you respond to something in SM1 that I do not. To me, Synth One is a quality piece of harmony and noise, and I would have paid good money for this had I been allowed to do so.

• edited July 2018

A free synth pretty amazing, people who get given stuff by charities and have no chance of getting a credit card or access to money. Where getting a decent hot meal is a worry every day can now kick deadmau5 ass at a minor/major arp progression! Bravo.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

I think the same but i guess it´s a bit flavor as well. For me the filter section in Model D is by far the best i heard yet on iOS (even compared to my desktop synth i only like P900 better) followed by Zeeon and then DRC.
    I tested Synthmaster One on mac and i also think it´s great but also far away from Model D or Zeeon in terms of pure raw analog power.
    I must say i like LayR... especially for these layered arps and sequences it´s a gem if you go as close as possible to things like Omnisphere or Falcon (without using the sample sources).
    But if i had to choose a beast to rule them all it would be still Alchemy. It´s just such a unique synth and the best for living sounds.
    But hell Synth One is a great thing and it actually inspires me right now to play a lot more with iOS.
    And i think since it´s not even V1.0 we will see some great new things added to it.
    But at the end all these synths have pro and contra.
    Again i must say that the microtuning in Synth One is freaking amazing and i want that in every app now :)

• Just picked it up. Looks lovely.

It's ingrained in our cultures that everything has to be a contest. Yet each synth can be enjoyed as a unique instrument. Yeah, we have personal favorites. That's all it is. Personal.

• @asia said:
    Is FM Player also going to have AUv3 plugin? It would be bloody awesome :)

Thanks for the kind words. FM Player II will still be in Swift. Realistically, if there is an AUv3 version of FM Player, I can't see it happening until the end of the year/early next year.

• edited June 2018

For the record, I never claimed AudioKit Synth One would sound good. The most we can hope for is that it works for most people. Really, I'm happy it even compiles.

:D

AudioKit Synth One is more of a digital VA synth, tone-wise. It's going to sound more like a Virus or Nord VA than analog-modeled app like Moog, DRC, Zeeon, etc.

AudioKit Synth One is it's own thing. Some people may like it. Some may not. Think of it as another color for your musical paint brush. It's free, fun, and appreciated by those that want to use it. 👍🏼

• @analog_matt said:
    For the record, I never claimed AudioKit Synth One would sound good. The most we can hope for is that it works for most people. Really, I'm happy it even compiles.

:D

AudioKit Synth One is more of a digital VA synth, tone-wise. It's going to sound more like a Virus or Nord VA than analog-modeled app like Moog, DRC, Zeeon, etc.

AudioKit Synth One is it's own thing. Some people may like it. Some may not. Think of it as another color for your musical paint brush. It's free, fun, and appreciated by those that want to use it. 👍🏼

It sound good...no question. Yes, it def. has it´s own character and i must say it really inspires and integrates well with other synths. Like you said....another color added.
    And it works great so far....beside the lag at the bottom of the keyboard and that it crash when i go to +4oct and play to the end.
    I even would like it to have on mac as well one day. Thank´s for this.
    Like Sunrizer it has a bit of "friendly" aliasing which add character to it indeed :)
    The more i play with it, the more i like it.

• @Cib said:

crash when i go to +4oct and play to the end.

I fixed that this morning! Will be in the next update on Monday 👍🏼

• Great synth ! Is there a way to set polyphony to more than 6 notes?

• edited July 2018

Anyone tried to use rozeta with it (@brambos) ? I was trying within AUM but midi sent by rozeta doesn’t seem to reach Synth one. I tried with quantum and it worked well.

• @brice said:

@brambos said:
    Getting lost in @brice Beasley's phenomenal patches. They're so good that I'll happily let him use my initials for his presets :D

Seriously though. Just lost half an hour playing with the "Dream With Me" and "Aquatica" alone :o

Really happy to hear you’re enjoying the patches, BB! ;)

“‘Dream With Me” is one of my favorites. It’s not a particularly complex or clever patch on its own. But when paired with the amazing tuning options in S1 it becomes a real joy to play.

Synth One is simply awesome. And it’s really great to see the overwhelmingly positive response from the community at large. @analog_matt and his team have certainly created something really special with this one.

Brilliant patches as always. No idea how you make them, very clever.

• @AlexB said:
    Anyone tried to use rozeta with it (@brambos) ? I was trying within AUM but midi sent by rozeta doesn’t seem to reach Synth one. I tried with quantum and it worked well.

Select the source from inside Synth One.
    Cheers to the AudioKit people.

• @ccs2 said:

@AlexB said:

Actually you can’t. This Au midi hosted in AUM.

• edited July 2018

@AlexB said:

@ccs2 said:

@AlexB said:

Actually you can’t. This Au midi hosted in AUM.

Same problem with DRC , IAA midi broken ,but go to the routing page and select the virtual midi port instead :)
    Same workaround for apeMatrix.
    Strangely both apps work ok in the latest AB3 beta.

• edited July 2018

@AlexB said:

Open AUM's MIDI Matrix, select Synth One's Virtual MIDI port and send Rozeta's MIDI there. Should work!

Edit.. here's an example:

• This synth is so great. And @brice and @Matt_Fletcher_2000 made some inspiring patches. Really really good stuff.

• I'm gonna get all mushy & corny but f*** it...

In these times of unprecedented divisiveness and acrimony, it helps restore a bit of my faith in humanity to see this incredible instrument freely given to the iOS Music Community.

I knew the project was underway and have a grasp of what AudioKit means to developers but I had NO idea this would be the result, especially for a "free" synth.

I should have assumed the team behind FM Player would make something great but this synth is just brilliant.

I'm certain I'm not alone in spending $20 for an iOS synth that I've used maybe three times that has sounds that aren't close to what I have been hearing with Synth One.

I waited a few days to give my $0.02 on Synth One because I really wanted to mess with it, not just get dazzled by the presets (which are great, possibly a bit heavy on Arp's/Seq's). Those quick panels on the lower part of the UI made tweaking & creating minor to huge alterations a breeze...really one of the easiest apps to make custom presets on.

Thanks to all of the people who made the presets & the team working on AudioKit. I'm looking forward to the upcoming additions like AUv3 and whatever else the devs dream up.

• I want to add that end-users may not appreciate how much of a boon to app development this will be. Writing audio apps for iOS has been a dark art. Many folks that have wanted to try their hand at it have been turned back by the daunting task of figuring it all out from limited documentation and examples. The AudioKit Pro source will be a blessing and should open doors to creative devs who were turned back at the gates by obscurity.

• @JRSIV said:
    In these times of unprecedented divisiveness and acrimony, it helps restore a bit of my faith in humanity to see this incredible instrument freely given to the iOS Music Community.

That is a kind and beautiful sentiment. I have shared your words with the rest of the AudioKit team. 🙏

• edited July 2018

@analog_matt said:

@JRSIV said:

That is a kind and beautiful sentiment. I have shared your words with the rest of the AudioKit team.

Thanks brother. Thing is Matt it IS huge you guys volunteered the time to create this all for non-profit. Yeah it's open sourced but so's Google's Android OS; if someone wanted to make money with their open source code they could.

All the best to you & your team...

• @espiegel123 said:
    … turned back at the gates by obscurity.

Those blokes working in obscurity on the gates are just power crazed bullies once you give them their badge and uniform.

• @brice said:

@analog_matt said:

@brice said:
    Synth One is simply awesome. And it’s really great to see the overwhelmingly positive response from the community at large. @Matt_Fletcher_2000 and his team have certainly created something really special with this one.

Gosh Darn it, @brice, that's a different Matt. 😂

He's probably pretty, pretty, pretty annoyed with us having similar names by now.

Sorry @Matt_Fletcher_2000

Oh for the love.....and you know....I even saw someone else make that mistake earlier in this thread! :# My apologies @Matt_Fletcher_2000

I am SO GLAD im not the only one to make that mistake. 😂😂😂

• @Samu said:
    @analog_matt I'm kinda surprised if no one mentioned 'edge protection' during the beta?
    This 'iOS Feature' has plagued (and still does) many apps under iOS11 that have an on-screen keyboard.
    Prior to iOS11 this was not an issues but with the arrival of the 'dock' it became a 'problem'.

Thanks Samu!

I tried a fix in the latest version of the app (0.8.4). Though, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. So, I'm not sure if I fixed it properly. If you get a few seconds to check it out, please let me know? Thank you, sir!

• @analog_matt said:

@Samu said:
    @analog_matt I'm kinda surprised if no one mentioned 'edge protection' during the beta?
    This 'iOS Feature' has plagued (and still does) many apps under iOS11 that have an on-screen keyboard.
    Prior to iOS11 this was not an issues but with the arrival of the 'dock' it became a 'problem'.

Thanks Samu!

I tried a fix in the latest version of the app (0.8.4). Though, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. So, I'm not sure if I fixed it properly. If you get a few seconds to check it out, please let me know? Thank you, sir!

Juist downloaded the update and the fix is workng fine.
    It’s easiest to check when playing single notes at the lowest 5mm of the screen.

Thanks for a quick fix :)