Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Riffler by Jonathan Bell

Comments

• @gusgranite said:

@audiblevideo said:
    You demanding 4ssh0l3s had better be leaving the well deserved stars and reviews on itunes.

I’m off to do the same for this stellar app. ;)

Lol the requests do come in thick and fast when a developer is as engaging as this.

Here’s mine! I would like to see more descriptive naming of the wav and midi files. So a random or sequential name with BPM and key.

Yea that was one of mine. At least able to rename them.

Yea as great as this forum is for everyone, it can sometimes be a double edge sword for developers. The suggestions can help a lot, developers can’t always think of everything, from every angle, but i imagine it can also be a little overwhelming. I apologize if I’ve made you feel at all like this @jon_bell I don’t expect to see everything I suggested, and ultimately it’s up to the developer to decide what is best and most feasible. I just throw some ideas out in an effort to help. That’s all.

• @jon_bell said:
    Hi,

A new version is now live. You can now rename favourites by tapping the file name. New favourites and exports will have a default name made up of the date, time, key and tempo.

Bug warning:
    If you rename a favourite and then try to load it without returning to the main view first it won't load correctly. You then won't be able to get to the favourites view again without closing the app and restarting.

Apologies about this, I should have caught it during testing but a fix (version 1.03.4) has been uploaded and will hopefully be available later today.

If anybody has any other problems or suggestions please let me know.

Awesome. Thanks @jon_bell

• The update that fixes this bug has just been approved and is available now :)

@Ailerom said:
    Sweet, thanks for this update.

@jon_bell A couple of issues though. After I change the name only that riff will load no matter which one I select. Also the favourites button stops working so when I tap it, it goes to the favourites list but jumps straight back to the riff play page. Close and quit app to fix.

• I’m delighted to have the feedback and it’s nice to know what features people need :)

@Poppadocrock said:
    Yea as great as this forum is for everyone, it can sometimes be a double edge sword for developers. The suggestions can help a lot, developers can’t always think of everything, from every angle, but i imagine it can also be a little overwhelming. I apologize if I’ve made you feel at all like this @jon_bell I don’t expect to see everything I suggested, and ultimately it’s up to the developer to decide what is best and most feasible. I just throw some ideas out in an effort to help. That’s all.

• @jon_bell said:
    I’m delighted to have the feedback and it’s nice to know what features people need :)

@Poppadocrock said:

Right on! 👏

• @Poppadocrock you missed my “winky face” ( I was kidding )

• @jon_bell said:
    The update that fixes this bug has just been approved and is available now :)

@Ailerom said:
    Sweet, thanks for this update.

@jon_bell A couple of issues though. After I change the name only that riff will load no matter which one I select. Also the favourites button stops working so when I tap it, it goes to the favourites list but jumps straight back to the riff play page. Close and quit app to fix.

Dope

• @audiblevideo said:
    @Poppadocrock you missed my “winky face” ( I was kidding )

Ohhhhhh, my bad. Lol. I totally missed your winky face, lol. I saw the word of curse in alternate letters, and was like, I thought I’ve been pretty reasonable. Totally my mistake. Lol. Thanks for clarifying that.

• @jon_bell said:
    I’m delighted to have the feedback and it’s nice to know what features people need :)

@Poppadocrock said:

Awesome. I always love it when a developer is open ideas, most of my favorite apps, have a developer that at least partially takes that approach. It’s mutually beneficial. Good to know, thanks.

• edited July 2021

@jon_bell Another possible bug.I tune down to Eb. This has worked fine. But The only riff I have favorited plays a half step below Eb. I checked in settings to make sure setting were as I left them. For some reason it was back to standard. Now nothing I do with tuning seems to change this. It shows as as a riff in Em but is not playing that.

The riffs I saved before the rename favourites update are playing fine.

• Thanks for letting me know. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

@Ailerom said:
    @jon_bell Another possible bug.I tune down to Eb. This has worked fine. But The only riff I have favorited plays a half step below Eb. I checked in settings to make sure setting were as I left them. For some reason it was back to standard. Now nothing I do with tuning seems to change this. It shows as as a riff in Em but is not playing that.

The riffs I saved before the rename favourites update are playing fine.

• @jon_bell The creative possibilities are endless. I love my iOS instruments but I still work primarily in Studio One on Windows. I exported a whole bunch on Riffler “rock” MIDI files, then had them playback in Native Instrument’s Electric Sunburst. As well as editing individual notes, this opens up the different articulations - muted, open, flageolet and tremolo. You can incorporate hammer ones, pull offs and slides. You can also switch off Electric Sunburst’s internal sounds and run it through your favourite amp sims and FX if you wish.

To start with, I was having problems getting a drum track to “fit” with some of the brilliant and original MIDI patterns, but with a little effort, EZ Drummer actually makes this quite straightforward and sounding awesome!

Hoping to complete a song soon - one thing I know, it won’t sound like anything I’ve written before, and that is down to Riffler - just great software!

• Really pleased to hear you like Riffler :) New update is coming out soon!

@BillS said:
    @jon_bell The creative possibilities are endless. I love my iOS instruments but I still work primarily in Studio One on Windows. I exported a whole bunch on Riffler “rock” MIDI files, then had them playback in Native Instrument’s Electric Sunburst. As well as editing individual notes, this opens up the different articulations - muted, open, flageolet and tremolo. You can incorporate hammer ones, pull offs and slides. You can also switch off Electric Sunburst’s internal sounds and run it through your favourite amp sims and FX if you wish.

To start with, I was having problems getting a drum track to “fit” with some of the brilliant and original MIDI patterns, but with a little effort, EZ Drummer actually makes this quite straightforward and sounding awesome!

Hoping to complete a song soon - one thing I know, it won’t sound like anything I’ve written before, and that is down to Riffler - just great software!

• @jon_bell hi is there a way to render the tail in the audio file exported?

• Not at the moment but it would be quite easy to add in future. Do you mean the note tail or the delay tail (or both)?

@god said:
    @jon_bell hi is there a way to render the tail in the audio file exported?

• @jon_bell said:
    Not at the moment but it would be quite easy to add in future. Do you mean the note tail or the delay tail (or both)?

@god said:
    @jon_bell hi is there a way to render the tail in the audio file exported?

Mostly the note tail , but I’m guessing the delay tail as well.

It’s good to learn that it could be easy implemented by you. I think the addition of tail should be optional .. like for me I mostly link several riffler wavs in a row (so I need them tail-less) but then the last one in the chain does need it.

• @jon_bell said:
    Really pleased to hear you like Riffler :) New update is coming out soon!

What new treats can we expect for the next update then please?! @jon_bell

• Lots of new things coming, mostly a better workflow and UI. Basically everything is accessible from the main screen now (presets, sliders, holds, etc.) without needing to search through sub menus. There is also a new random button that will create a riff with random parameters and the option to auto play riffs as soon as they are created. The harmonic minor scale has been added and the quality of the created riffs has been improved. Should be ready sometime this week.

Next update will have real time tab updates. So if you change a parameter the riff will update immediately. For example if you create a riff then adjust the scale the riff will keep the rhythm, contour, etc. but the notes will update to the new scale.

Update after that will introduce chord progressions and bends.

After that I'm going to be concentrating on adding new riffs presets in all the genres people have suggested.

@FesteringMike said:

@jon_bell said:
    Really pleased to hear you like Riffler :) New update is coming out soon!

What new treats can we expect for the next update then please?! @jon_bell

• That's awesome @jon_bell Is there a fix for the tuning bug I mentioned on the way?

• Yeah, it should be fixed. Please let me know if it isn't.

@Ailerom said:
    That's awesome @jon_bell Is there a fix for the tuning bug I mentioned on the way?

• @jon_bell Looks amazing, I’m following with interest and enjoying the app meantime. Is AUv3 support on your roadmap? Apologies if this has been answered before, but that would be so cool

• Thanks! I definitely want to add AUv3 support in future. I initially intending having it at launch but it turned out to be so complex that I decided it was better to launch it standalone and then add support in the future update. I'm hoping to be working on it this autumn / winter.

@BillS said:
    @jon_bell Looks amazing, I’m following with interest and enjoying the app meantime. Is AUv3 support on your roadmap? Apologies if this has been answered before, but that would be so cool

• Everything accessible on one page is a stellar update! So looking forward to it. Enjoying the app greatly so far.

I would like to save my own variations of settings. Is that somehow possible already and i just haven’t figured it out, @jon_bell ?

• It's not possible at the moment but in the next version every new riff that is saved will save all the settings too. So if you find a combination of settings you like just create a riff and add it to the favorites. Next time it is loaded it will restore the position of all the settings along with the riff.

@amusing_Grace said:
    Everything accessible on one page is a stellar update! So looking forward to it. Enjoying the app greatly so far.

I would like to save my own variations of settings. Is that somehow possible already and i just haven’t figured it out, @jon_bell ?

• @BillS : I’m also contemplating Studio One on PC. I love my iOS instruments too but sometimes I think a conventional DAW would actually be simpler and more streamlined , ESPECIALLY Studio One .

• @jon_bell said:
    Yeah, it should be fixed. Please let me know if it isn't.

@Ailerom said:
    That's awesome @jon_bell Is there a fix for the tuning bug I mentioned on the way?

It's still a problem. I have favourites that play back in different keys to each other.

• Sorry I meant that it is fixed in the upcoming version. It should work correctly when the next update is available.

@Ailerom said:

@jon_bell said:

@Ailerom said:

It's still a problem. I have favourites that play back in different keys to each other.

• @jon_bell said:
    Sorry I meant that it is fixed in the upcoming version. It should work correctly when the next update is available.

@Ailerom said:

@jon_bell said:

@Ailerom said:

Great, looking forward to that.

• edited August 2021

@jon_bell any update on the update. Not that I’m impatient…

• Same here, not that I'm really hanging out for it or anything ;)