Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Riffler by Jonathan Bell

Comments

• @Jon_bell thanks for your fantastic app and for the future additions, they sound great!

• @jon_bell I am curious how you would approach 2 tracking with this app? Back in the day when I could still play I sometimes double or 4 times takes to create that big sound. I am sorry I have not spent much time with this app. Is there a way to replay the same with riff with just a slight nuance like you would in real life??

I am loving just going through the presets. You have done great with this app.

• @jon_bell that all sounds awesome. I'd love some driven channel 2 EVH 5150 el34 .

• The quality of the various amp sounds is top notch. I would personally love some more clean sounds. I am super excited to see the next few version releases

• @BillS said:
    The quality of the various amp sounds is top notch. I would personally love some more clean sounds. I am super excited to see the next few version releases

The included sounds are great enough on their own, but if you have a favorite amp sim you should try exporting a wave file with a dry signal and with drums and echo off. Love that Nembrini Cali Reverb? You can make it chug with this app. Have a favorite THU Overloud setup? Feed it some Riffler. I know I'm starting to sound like a commercial, but I don't think I have had this much fun with any other app. I used it on my latest recording for HitRecord and have had more likes and positive feedback in less than 24 hours than I have on any other recording. Definitely looking forward to future updates, but I've gotten more than my money's worth already.

• edited July 2021

@BillS said:
    The quality of the various amp sounds is top notch. I would personally love some more clean sounds. I am super excited to see the next few version releases

I agree. I should add to my comment about amp sounds that those already on offer are great and I'm salivating more over the features I dreamed up.

• Waiting on update with midi export fix to purchase. Can’t resist much longer…

• @MadeofWax said:

@BillS said:

The included sounds are great enough on their own, but if you have a favorite amp sim you should try exporting a wave file with a dry signal and with drums and echo off. Love that Nembrini Cali Reverb? You can make it chug with this app. Have a favorite THU Overloud setup? Feed it some Riffler. I know I'm starting to sound like a commercial, but I don't think I have had this much fun with any other app. I used it on my latest recording for HitRecord and have had more likes and positive feedback in less than 24 hours than I have on any other recording. Definitely looking forward to future updates, but I've gotten more than my money's worth already.

I get that, and I have more amp sims than you can shake a stick at. Very cool. For me, it's the potential for freshening up my songwriting presentation that's so exciting.

• @onerez said:
    @jon_bell I am curious how you would approach 2 tracking with this app? Back in the day when I could still play I sometimes double or 4 times takes to create that big sound. I am sorry I have not spent much time with this app. Is there a way to replay the same with riff with just a slight nuance like you would in real life??

I am loving just going through the presets. You have done great with this app.

Thanks! The riffs are in stereo with double tracking by default (although you can turn this off in the settings). Each part is recorded slightly differently and if you change the Humanize setting it will add slight nuances with the timing.

• @BillS said:

A new clean sound is being in added in the new update. At the moment the dry setting is just a DI electric guitar, it sounds good run through effects like an amp sim but it is a bit plain on it's own. The new clean preset will sound much nicer.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Waiting on update with midi export fix to purchase. Can’t resist much longer…

I'm fixing the midi export this weekend. New update should be available by Tuesday.

• edited July 2021

https://youtu.be/zgH5QdMwZyc

The new update is going to have a new clean amp preset, a new scale (mixolydian), swing and triplet rhythms, lots of new presets and a fix to the midi bugs.

Here's a preview of a few of the new presets (Blues shuffle, Rock, shuffle, Metal triplets, Mixolydian 16ths and Creepy).

• @jon_bell I've got to say that I've found this app absolutely extraodinary. I bought it off the back of the demo sounds on your site (and the comments here) and I've just had so much fun just playing with the settings and making riffs. So many of them sound immediately usable and are brilliant quality.

It's also held the attention of both my 4 y.o. daughter and my 8 y.o. son, both of whom had great fun telling me what they wanted to hear while I tried to dial it in with the settings.

I'm really looking forward to it being AUv3 (so I can use the internal sounds and not have to either use MIDI or audio exports). Since you were also asking for feedback for other dev ideas I can think of:

1) Tap on note in TAB to mute/unmute that note
    2) Add option to "chain together" riffs so they export as one single file.
    3) Riff names!
    4) Basic octave detune? Some of the riffs I think could work as baselines (I am used to playing with a very complicated bassist) but if I export as MIDI to do this then I lose the in-app sounds which I like.

There you go... that should keep you busy for a few years!

• @jon_bell said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Waiting on update with midi export fix to purchase. Can’t resist much longer…

I'm fixing the midi export this weekend. New update should be available by Tuesday.

Thanks. That’s great news. Sorry if that came off a little demanding or whatnot. But I think that fix will put me over the hump. Been keeping a close eye on this one. Can’t wait. Cheers.

• edited July 2021

Took the plunge as a weekend treat interesting to see what Riffler can bring and inspire song making. Looking forward to the promised updates. Riff naming in the future would be great.

• I'm fixing the midi export this weekend. New update should be available by Tuesday.

• @FesteringMike said:

It's just gone live! :)

Midi now exports chords correctly and there is an option to add drums and to transpose the whole riff in midi.

• edited July 2021

Full list of new features:
    New scale: Mixolydian
    New feel: Swing
    New presets: Rock shuffle, Metal triplets, Blues shuffle, Mixolydian 16ths, , Heavy rock, Creepy
    New guitar sound: Clean

Fixed midi export bugs.
    Fixed crash caused by exporting an empty riff.
    Midi now exports chords.
    Added tranpose octave option for MIDI export.
    Added option to export MIDI drums.

Improvements to all riffs using: pentatonic scale, blues scale, natural minor scale, chromatic scale.

Changed icons for undo and redo buttons and moved their position.
    Renamed "Repeats" as "Loops".
    Renamed "Default" parameter "Auto".
    Renamed "Stereo" as "Double tracking".

I'm now working on improving the UI layout and allowing for proper renaming for saves and exported riffs.

Any problems or feature requests please let me know.

• @jon_bell thanks for the update!!!!

• Fantastic update! I've bought the app today and I'm already fond of it!

As a possible change, I'd like to have the randomization button on the main page!

• Dope, he called Tuesday. And yup, as I mentioned I can no longer wait. Purchasing app now, well just after I load another ten’r in the account. Then I’m doing it.

Crap, do I now have to unlock all of THU? Lol.

Congrats on the update @jon_bell

• Dude, this app is the coolest. Wow. It took me 5 minutes to realize how great this is… I’d say this is comparable to a rock and roll version of Piano motifs in terms of the quality of output. Love the settings, sculpting out something generated is one fun way to create. Be great to see a few more scales. Maybe a Capo feature would by cool.

I do have one question (actually now 2 lol) is there no way to rename a creation once you make it a favorite? Also Are all the settings stored with the favorited piece or just the audio/midi? I like to put the key, scale, bpm, date in everything I do, and had trouble figuring out how to do that. Any help would be cool. If not that would definitely be an additional request. What a great app. I’m going to have a lot of fun with this in several different ways. I love multi functional apps.

• @Keyb said:
    Fantastic update! I've bought the app today and I'm already fond of it!

As a possible change, I'd like to have the randomization button on the main page!

Thanks! I'll add the randomisation button to my to-do list!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Dude, this app is the coolest. Wow. It took me 5 minutes to realize how great this is… I’d say this is comparable to a rock and roll version of Piano motifs in terms of the quality of output. Love the settings, sculpting out something generated is one fun way to create. Be great to see a few more scales. Maybe a Capo feature would by cool.

I do have one question (actually now 2 lol) is there no way to rename a creation once you make it a favorite? Also Are all the settings stored with the favorited piece or just the audio/midi? I like to put the key, scale, bpm, date in everything I do, and had trouble figuring out how to do that. Any help would be cool. If not that would definitely be an additional request. What a great app. I’m going to have a lot of fun with this in several different ways. I love multi functional apps.

Thank you!

I'll be adding more scales in the next update. A transpose / capo function is coming soon.

At the moment when a creation is saved it just saves the notes, not the settings. It will be saved with a unique number id at the moment. The next update will have better file names containing date, key, etc. and the ability to rename files. You will also be able to save the settings along with the note data.

• edited July 2021

Great update @jon_bell and really good to see a developer so responsive to his customers bravo 👏 App Store review sent.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Great update @jon_bell and really good to see a developer so responsive to his customers bravo 👏 App Store review sent.

Thank you for the review, it's much appreciated!

• @jon_bell Great update, loving the swing feel. Looking forward to seeing how you progress with this app as the potential is massive.

• I can't think of a category but it may not be needed. This is app of the year, if not my favourite app of all time. Can't wait to see what more is in store.

• Thanks for the update @jon_bell . Five stars and a short positiv review is the least I could do. :)

• Just left a 5* review!