Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Riffler by Jonathan Bell

Comments

• Country, Reggae? Bit of an ask really! As a guitar player, I must say this is a ridiculously good app. Bought today after new update, thanks🎲

• Can you give me a lick like this without having to sample...? :wink:

• Review coming soon.

• Love this app. @jon_bell

I was hoping to suggest a few genres: ( I know this is a lot easier said than done, but here it goes) these are in order by how much, Just me personally, would like to see them. Just suggestions, I tried to fit the bands into some sort of category just to give you an idea of what I’m thinking.

Psychedelic Rock - Hendrix, Floyd, Cream, Tame Impala even, etc… type stuff.

Experimental rock - Radiohead, the doors, etc…

90’s Alternative Rock - Radiohead - The Bends, Nirvana, Silverchair, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Muse - Absolution, etc…

Soul Rock - but like early Black Keys (Thickfreakness, Rubber Factory) or this kind of soul (see link)… Johnny Thunder - I’m Alive,

Funk Rock - G Clinton, Stevie Wonder, but also Chili Peppers, Incubus - Fungus Amongus, etc…

Reggae Rock/Surf Rock - Marley, Tosh, Beach Boys, but also like Sublime, Real Estate.

Progressive Rock

• @gusgranite im with ya on that sound.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Love this app. @jon_bell

I was hoping to suggest a few genres: ( I know this is a lot easier said than done, but here it goes) these are in order by how much, Just me personally, would like to see them. Just suggestions, I tried to fit the bands into some sort of category just to give you an idea of what I’m thinking.

90’s Alternative Rock - Radiohead - The Bends, Nirvana, Silverchair, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Muse - Absolution, etc…

Soul Rock - but like early Black Keys (Thickfreakness, Rubber Factory) or this kind of soul (see link)… Johnny Thunder - I’m Alive,

Funk Rock - G Clinton, Stevie Wonder, but also Chili Peppers, Incubus - Fungus Amongus, etc…

Reggae Rock/Surf Rock - Marley, Tosh, Beach Boys, but also like Sublime, Real Estate.

Progressive Rock

yessss to all of these!! especially the black keys soul rock style!!

• edited July 2021

Thanks everybody for the kind words, ratings and reviews - I really appreciate it.

@Wrecked said:
    Country, Reggae? Bit of an ask really! As a guitar player, I must say this is a ridiculously good app. Bought today after new update, thanks🎲

Definitely will be adding country in future. Reggae is a bit harder as it uses a lot of strummed chords (something I've deliberately left out of Riffler). Are there are any examples of single note reggae riffs you can suggest?

@gusgranite said:
    Can you give me a lick like this without having to sample...? :wink:

I think getting the notes, feel and rhythm is possible but for now I'm not planning on adding a wah sound at the moment (might do in future though). Exporting dry and then running through an amp sim with a wah would be the best way to get the tone in the meantime.

@Poppadocrock said:
    Love this app. @jon_bell

Progressive Rock

Thanks for the suggestions, they're very helpful. I'm going to be focusing on a broader range of styles in future updates.

• @jon_bell Awesome this thing is so much fun but also super useful and pumps out quality quickly.

• @jon_bell Yes Reggae a bit difficult but I’m pleased that country is on the list as that was my main ask. Thanks

• @jon_bell Stir it up but I think that might be a bass line. Intro to Redemption Song by Marley.

One last suggestion, sorry if I’m annoying, lol. It would be great if you could chose which parameters to randomize. Lots of times I want to set several things ie. key, scale, tempo, etc, but randomize others Humanize, Rhythm, Character, etc, and see what comes out. Or maybe a way to lock certain parameters so when you randomize everything those locked ones don’t change. This would be massive, at least for me, I love randomization even more when it’s done within a chosen set of parameters. Cheers!

PS So many creations are favorites the list it getting long pretty quickly, lol.

• edited July 2021

You demanding 4ssh0l3s had better be leaving the well deserved stars and reviews on itunes.

I’m off to do the same for this stellar app. ;)

• @jon_bell - can you make a THALL preset 🤘🏻

• @Poppadocrock said:

PS So many creations are favorites the list it getting long pretty quickly, lol.

I'm so crazy. I've only hit the random button 10 to 20 times. Every one I get makes me jam on it and then I move on to some other exercises.

• edited July 2021

You're definitely not being annoying! The feedback I'm getting here is really useful and I know I'm adding features that people actually want.

I'll see what I can do with the tracks you mentioned.

I'm thinking of adding a random button next to create. Maybe a long press could open a menu to select which parameters to randomise.

The next update will let you rename favorites and new favorites will have a name with the date, time, tempo and key. Should make it a bit easier to organise the favorites list!

@Poppadocrock said:
    @jon_bell Stir it up but I think that might be a bass line. Intro to Redemption Song by Marley.

One last suggestion, sorry if I’m annoying, lol. It would be great if you could chose which parameters to randomize. Lots of times I want to set several things ie. key, scale, tempo, etc, but randomize others Humanize, Rhythm, Character, etc, and see what comes out. Or maybe a way to lock certain parameters so when you randomize everything those locked ones don’t change. This would be massive, at least for me, I love randomization even more when it’s done within a chosen set of parameters. Cheers!

• Thank you! :)

@audiblevideo said:
    You demanding 4ssh0l3s had better be leaving the well deserved stars and reviews on itunes.

• Definitely. Thanks for the link!

@iOSTRAKON said:
    @jon_bell - can you make a THALL preset 🤘🏻

• Bought! Crazy app - love it so far ❤️

• A punk preset would be nice. And a Black metal one.
    Also, the option to extend the length of the chords or add separate chords or just longer chords!
    Finally, some kind of simplified riffs so you can just get one note shredding which you can change key for.

I know most of that probably doesn’t make much sense and may be impossible to implement but I just though I’d give my suggestions as everyone else is!

• A punk preset will be coming soon. I'm adding a chord progression feature and once that's done I'll add some punk presets. I've played with some black metal ideas but I decided I need to add tremolo picking for it to work properly. It might need a new distortion sound too. Watch this space! Hopefully the chord progression feature will give you the options you need for chord length, etc.

@FesteringMike said:
    A punk preset would be nice. And a Black metal one.
    Also, the option to extend the length of the chords or add separate chords or just longer chords!
    Finally, some kind of simplified riffs so you can just get one note shredding which you can change key for.

I know most of that probably doesn’t make much sense and may be impossible to implement but I just though I’d give my suggestions as everyone else is!

• I think I’ve found a bug deletion of saved riff won’t delete the riff for me..

• Thanks for letting me know. I'm currently completely updating the favorites system. Hopefully this should fix the bug when the next update is live.

@god said:
    I think I’ve found a bug deletion of saved riff won’t delete the riff for me..

• @jon_bell said:
    Thanks for letting me know. I'm currently completely updating the favorites system. Hopefully this should fix the bug when the next update is live.

@god said:
    I think I’ve found a bug deletion of saved riff won’t delete the riff for me..

Thanks. FYI After restart I was able to delete that preset.

• edited July 2021

@audiblevideo said:

I’m not demanding a single thing, I’m asking politely, and giving a reason why I think its a valid suggestion. Wrong side of the bed today? Geez. And yes a review is imminent, I gave 5 stars but wanna write something too.

• @jon_bell said:
    You're definitely not being annoying! The feedback I'm getting here is really useful and I know I'm adding features that people actually want.

I'll see what I can do with the tracks you mentioned.

I'm thinking of adding a random button next to create. Maybe a long press could open a menu to select which parameters to randomise.

The next update will let you rename favorites and new favorites will have a name with the date, time, tempo and key. Should make it a bit easier to organise the favorites list!

@Poppadocrock said:
    @jon_bell Stir it up but I think that might be a bass line. Intro to Redemption Song by Marley.

That sounds cool, absolutely no rush, just some ides that I think will help make it even better.

• Review submitted

• I was also bumping this thread by continuing to talk about it.

• @audiblevideo said:

Lol the requests do come in thick and fast when a developer is as engaging as this.

Here’s mine! I would like to see more descriptive naming of the wav and midi files. So a random or sequential name with BPM and key.

• Hi,

A new version is now live. You can now rename favourites by tapping the file name. New favourites and exports will have a default name made up of the date, time, key and tempo.

Bug warning:
    If you rename a favourite and then try to load it without returning to the main view first it won't load correctly. You then won't be able to get to the favourites view again without closing the app and restarting.

Apologies about this, I should have caught it during testing but a fix (version 1.03.4) has been uploaded and will hopefully be available later today.

If anybody has any other problems or suggestions please let me know.

• @jon_bell said:
    Hi,

A new version is now live. You can now rename favourites by tapping the file name. New favourites and exports will have a default name made up of the date, time, key and tempo.

Bug warning:
    If you rename a favourite and then try to load it without returning to the main view first it won't load correctly. You then won't be able to get to the favourites view again without closing the app and restarting.

Apologies about this, I should have caught it during testing but a fix (version 1.03.4) has been uploaded and will hopefully be available later today.

If anybody has any other problems or suggestions please let me know.

Cool just updated cheers.

• edited July 2021

Sweet, thanks for this update.

@jon_bell A couple of issues though. After I change the name only that riff will load no matter which one I select. Also the favourites button stops working so when I tap it, it goes to the favourites list but jumps straight back to the riff play page. Close and quit app to fix.