Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cyclop

Comments

• edited April 2015

@Crabman said:
    Do you had problems with Effectrix before 8.3?

I only have Effectrix for 2 weeks , doesn't have any problem with Seekbeats.

I try Auria for Cyclop and Effectrix, Same problem.

Auria IAA audio is ok for Cyclop, including recording btw.

• edited April 2015

@Kaikoo said:
    Auria IAA audio is ok for Cyclop, including recording btw.

Good to know,thanks.

Currently we have another iTunes discount in germany,only 15% off this time but i'll get myself a 50 bucks giftcard and buy this monster :)

• Effectrix works perfect on my Air 1, 8.3 I tried every setup Kaikoo mentioned with no problems.

• Yes Cyclop is a monster! To have this on my IPad for only $25 is incredible Imo.

• edited April 2015

@Bsteff21 said:
    Effectrix works perfect on my Air 1, 8.3 I tried every setup Kaikoo mentioned with no problems.

I found the clue what is going on now! The audio track must has audio on that track first.
    Effectrix can not has the effect on an empty track even though there is auido app on the IAA audio slot. So there is no real time Effectrix performance to the Cyclop! But things getting more strange is when I have Seekbeats on the audio slot, Effectrix can works even though it is an empty track! Hard to understand? Anyone knows?

• edited April 2015

So the main point is Effectrix can not receive midi sync of Cyclop, On the Auiobus chain also doesn't work for Cyclop! If I am wrong, please inform my wrong judgement.

• @animal said:
    musikmachine said: What do you mean about Thesys? It is too small aside from the zoom, i have to use a styles but the same can be said for a few ioS apps.

I'm not complaining at all, don't even ever use a Stylus and am always happy with Thesys/Turnado etc., for me it's just getting used to the UI. There's quite some guys though, that seem to be unhappy with the small controls in Thesys, so I thought I'd give a little warning.... , cheers, it's rummmbbling time!

Ok with you now. :)

• Effectrix needs an app with a play button to start the clock. Not sure if that helps.

• Yeah effectrix can not sync from Cyclops. So far I used Cyclop and Effectrix with Auria, Cubasis and Loopy. All worked.

• edited April 2015

@solador78 said:
    Effectrix needs an app with a play button to start the clock. Not sure if that helps.

Ok! this might be a big help! Effectrix needs not only midi sync but also needs to know when is the note start and when is the note off in other words!

• edited April 2015

@Kaikoo said:

In AB, Effectrix can only be a slave. It needs a master to start and stop the clock so that it can count bpm.

• Just watched Thesoundtrstroom's vid, the more videos I watch the more I like it.
    Was waiting for a 'Preset-run-through' though Doug!.. You may have to do another one, no pressure!

But what I have seen looks /sounds great! It also come with a magnifier. Bonus!

I know I will have this eventually (have to have Sugar Bytes stuff) but not just yet!

Waiting for Auria Pro to come and let me know what my whole iPad-music-making setup, will be!

• @KING777 said:
    I know I will have this eventually (have to have Sugar Bytes stuff) but not just yet!

Waiting for Auria Pro to come and let me know what my whole iPad-music-making setup, will be!

My feelings exactly...

• ^I think the magnifier might be iPads zoom function.

• @musikmachine said:
    ^I think the magnifier might be iPads zoom function.

You might be right about that..

Used the iPads one once before, wasn't a real fan! But it works I suppose!

• I really wish this wasn't nineteen quid (nearly $30 in US money). I like it, but I've spent so much money on apps and iPads over the last few months the mrs would kill me. A tenner and I'd get away with it.

• edited April 2015

@monzo cheer up! Auria Twin2 waiting you! Twin2 can make beautiful sound!

• Someone lend monzo £9!

• edited April 2015

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    My feelings exactly...

:-)

• I'm going to get a refund for Auria in a minute because I hate it - I'll spend the money on a Cyclop instead!

• @monzo said:
    I'm going to get a refund for Auria in a minute because I hate it - I'll spend the money on a Cyclop instead!

Good decision! I always felt you prefer monster things! Your music style!

• @monzo said:
    I'm going to get a refund for Auria in a minute because I hate it - I'll spend the money on a Cyclop instead!

i have Auria and most of the plugins and it sits unused awaiting the midi update......then i think all other sequencers etc may get deleted......we shall see....

• edited April 2015

@monzo said:
    I really wish this wasn't nineteen quid (nearly $30 in US money). I like it, but I've spent so much money on apps and iPads over the last few months the mrs would kill me. A tenner and I'd get away with it.

Well,you have to admit that it's really not SB's fault that you've spent too much money on other stuff ;)

• edited April 2015

Keep the sequencers, different methods keep things fresh.

As far as Cyclop goes, I like it. It's fun to write patches that are basically also sequences. UI looks cool like all Sugar Bytes stuff. I like that it's easy to remove the sub frequencies if not desired. I find the fact that the sub goes unaltered when the other oscillators are sent into crazy land to be kind of jarring...but I'm guessing it's very convenient for some styles of music (and makes sense for mastering purposes).

• This little monster can cost you only one fabfilter plugin money! It is worthy spending.

• edited April 2015

After buying some apps and or plug-ins you just have to ... "Eat Bread and Drink Water" for a short while!

This one seems worth the sacrifice! Eventually!

I watch one of the demo vids last night, and some of the presets made me grin and start some mental compositions. Hehe

• @Crabman said:
    Well,you have to admit that it's really not SB's fault that you've spent too much money on other stuff ;)

Oh, I think it's definitely worth it - just can't prise my wallet from Mrs Monzos vice-like grip...,

• Soundscaper just got an update! I think Cyclop can be nicely in-tune with Soundscaper!

• If the folks at Sugar Bytes read this forum;

PLEASE GIVE IT AN INTRODUCTORY PRICE!

• Makes me sad to read requests like this.Suggestion:just wait a year for a pricedrop.