Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cyclop

Comments

• At the end of the day. You gotta hand it to them.

It's pretty f-ing cool isn't it?

It's this completely mad synth with mind blowing modulation possibilities and loads of different sound generation possibilities. A proper leading edge VST.

It looks like a tank.

It has a space invaders game built into it just for laughs.

It's £19 to get it on your iPad.

I'd buy it in a flash if there was any frigging way I could see it fitting into my workflow other than laboriously having to render it's output as an audio file and having to chop it up into segments and put into Gadget only to realise I'm not quite sure about one small bit.

We really need a DAW on iOS like Gadget (or Auria Pro???) that allows for efficient and creative internal app production while also allowing the magic in from the occasional 3rd party synth without having to print to audio (which is always a PITA).

• @kobamoto said:
    this thing can mangle samples but I can't find any videos outside of people wobbling. does anybody know of any videos using the app to get your sample on?

It is the transformer engine to import your own sample! It formants your wave file.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    It has a space invaders game built into it just for laughs.

Well I'm sold

• Doug if you're going to do a vid on this could you please donate half of it to what the non- dubstep patches sound like, pretty please? as a matter of fact an extra video of you just going through all of the other kinds of presets would be great!

• there's a demo version available for pc or mac just in case someone wasn't aware

• Cubasis or this ?? Well cubasis is on sale so that will be

• @animal said:
    I'm sooooo happy they ported this beast to ios! Was a mustbuy the second I learned it's here... . Since then hours of earhoney. Whoever thonks Thesys is too small with the tiny controls, should think twice, though, and watch some Tutorials first. It does have some very small contents to grab with a finger... . I love it, gotta go keep playing, yesssa

What do you mean about Thesys? It is too small aside from the zoom, i have to use a styles but the same can be said for a few ioS apps.

@Flo26 said:
    isn't it also part of his job( endorsement etc..) what would you do,you all?that's only a question...

I'd probably not endorse everything and only stuff i believe in unless Apple came along and offered to buy me out. $$$!!! :D

• @Flo26 said:
    This is a bit of a caricature.isn't it? Let's not forget what a fantastic player he is.and what a big professional musician he is.

Like Liberace or Kenny G.

• The problem is I guess the more he gives his endorcement the less his endorcement is worth.

I never really knew who he was anyway. Just some American dude in a wizards hat who lives somewhere where it's always sunny. 'It says nothing to me about my life.'

• edited April 2015

@kobamoto said:
    Doug if you're going to do a vid on this could you please donate half of it to what the non- dubstep patches sound like, pretty please? as a matter of fact an extra video of you just going through all of the other kinds of presets would be great!

+1

i'm not into dubstep or this EDM shit (BASS DROP) at all.But it looks fun,i'll keep an eye on it (but wait for Synthsmaster first).

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    The problem is I guess the more he gives his endorcement the less his endorcement is worth.

I never really knew who he was anyway. Just some American dude in a wizards hat who lives somewhere where it's always sunny. 'It says nothing to me about my life.'

Behold! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rudess

• Personally, I think like all successful new genres, dubstep has added a healthy new influence to the musical gene pool - which you can see cropping up in all sorts of places.

But like all successful new genres it gets done to death, increasingly badly, and people end up getting fed up with hearing the same bad copycat stuff.

There's nothing intrinically wrong with a good bass (plus drum) hook IMO.

• There was wobble way before dubstep by the way ;)

• Yep. Fair enough. I think I read that a while back when I saw his name all over various apps.

I must admit to not having grown up knowing who Dream Theatre are, or having a particular penchant for prog rock. But fair enough, I'm sure he's a great musician.

• Hi guys, don't misjudge Cyclop synthesizer.

It doesn't belong to any special genre or style. We are here to enjoy music!

• edited April 2015

chill please,nobody wants to hurt cyclop ;) Back to topic: how is the sync to cubasis (as IAA)?Tight?Reliable?

• Sometimes when i program my own sound it change preset on it's own losing my work :-(

• I will be demoing it tomorrow I think, I'll run through a bunch of presets and show you some neat stuff you can do too

• ok,this part of a review sold it to me,any ideas what happened to the SB bundle?Will it ever come back?

"One of the reasons Cyclop sounds so big is that it uses mid/side processing to introduce frequency-based stereo imaging between 250Hz and 4kHz. This ensures wide, interesting sounds that retain their punch and bass when played on mono systems.

Because this isn't adelay-based process, there are no phasing issues, which means Cyclop cuts through the mix very nicely."

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/sugar-bytes-cyclop-554783/

• edited April 2015

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I will be demoing it tomorrow I think, I'll run through a bunch of presets and show you some neat stuff you can do too

That's good news Doug. I'm undecided atm. Do I need another synth enough to spend £19, but if anyone can persuade me to part with the mullah, it's you, so show us what it can do (that every other synth can't). I've lost count of the number of apps I've bought based on TSTR video demos !

• edited April 2015

I found this in youtube is the vst version

Sorry it was already post it

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I will be demoing it tomorrow I think, I'll run through a bunch of presets and show you some neat stuff you can do too

Thank you Sir Doug. Look forward to it. Have no doubt it's a beast (esp. for iOS), but like others wondering how far it does/can be extended beyond the there's-nothing-wrong-with-it wobble or throbbing bass/gristle....

• I'm glad Sugar Bytes got the message and are now making "Interface Optimized" apps for iOS. They still need to work on their pricing however... Won't consider any of their apps at these prices until there's a sale.

• If you are on the fence and don't want to spend any money, don't watch these 2 videos.

• @Kaikoo said:
    Hi guys, don't misjudge Cyclop synthesizer.

It doesn't belong to any special genre or style. We are here to enjoy music!

All your bass are belong to us Kaikoo!

• No worries! My money belong to yours too!

• @Kaikoo One day we will meet, you and I, and if you're not an incredibly enthusiastic fellow I will be bitterly disappointed :)

• @SirKen said:

good videos! The lower second part of the videos is really intriguing me!

• Looks great! But 25 bucks is too much.