Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cyclop

Comments

• edited April 2015

Omg....The pain! The suffering...I just paid Waldorf around $140 to unlock (a measly) 60mb of flash storage in my Blofeld. That was already there when I bought it to begin with.

Dipping my toes back into both the hardware and desktop-software land really changes ones view on the iOS pricings after being iOS-only for some years..

• @KING777 said:
    After buying some apps and or plug-ins you just have to ... "Eat Bread and Drink Water" for a short while!

This one seems worth the sacrifice! Eventually!

I watch one of the demo vids last night, and some of the presets made me grin and start some mental compositions. Hehe

You know! People die by hunger! You die for music! LOL.

• edited April 2015

Hehe, well, music can feed you! In more ways than one. :)

• Anyone tried this on iPad 4 or earlier? I'm wondering if the input delay from Egoist is here too.

• oh no you guys saying there aren't any presets videos yet?
    :(

• ...flash storage in my Blofeld...

Possibilities are endless I tell you....

• concerning preset videos: there is the "projectpreset" by Torley on youtube, I think someone linked to it further up this thread. I used to suffer for months watching it, and hoping for an ios version... . Just search Project Preset Cyclop, wobbbely cheers, t

• edited April 2015

thanks animal, have seen it and enjoyed it but it only covers what torley's done and mostly the dubstep-isn stuff with a few exceptions.

• @kobamoto said:
    oh no you guys saying there aren't any presets videos yet?
    :(

I'm waiting for this too.

• Total 634 presets shipped version 1.

• @Kaikoo said:
    Total 634 presets shipped version 1.

Going to be a long video...

• Presets system is not well designed, verison 1.

No presets can be deleted by you on the screen, Only iTunes!

Very hard to save a preset! You end up close the app before the preset well saved!

Document even not clearly explaining how you delete a preset!

The most troublesome part of the Cyclop is the presets system! It is not optimised for users friendly use! Perhaps they think without change a thing from desktop version, it is easy for them to interchange the presets in between.

So bear in mind, potential buyers, It is not that comfortably playing Cyclop presets system.

• Dayum, and they make a whole deal about the new preset system. :-/

@monzo said:

TSTR could do a 3 way relay. :P

• I didn't have to close Cyclop for a preset to save or recall...

• @CalCutta said:
    I didn't have to close Cyclop for a preset to save or recall...

I know! But look the left hand side "Edit" window! The preset name still the old name after your saving! You got to reopen Cyclop to make it a real new name! I did not explain this before hand, that is very confusing for others to understand!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Now if they made it a native synth inside Auria (to complement the new synth coming) - allowing multiple instances and live midi sequencing within Auria...

Think i'd buy it then... :).

See response from SugarBytes...:(

Hi Dave,

thanks for your request! I'm afraid to tell you that there is no realistic chance for native Auria verions at the moment.
    Egoist and Cyclop are full screen apps and when we think of the size in Auria it would make the handling very uncomfortable, at worst impossible.

• HaHa! You know it needs tremendous efforts to make it Auria native! You have to consider so much more to make them compatible! Too many functions in Cyclop! Gosh! How can you program them again! Money vs Efforts!

• edited April 2015

@DaveMagoo,

Hmm... :-( Interesting...

That may give us an idea of any future Sugar Bytes ports, (regarding Auria). The SB UI's..

But being able to have them as stand-alones will be great anyway. :-)

(iOS now has half of their product line). 6 out of 12

Added: Guys, (for some users) there is a very important question I have just emailed Sugar Bytes about. I'll let you know more once I have a reply...

• @monzo said:
    I'm going to get a refund for Auria in a minute because I hate it - I'll spend the money on a Cyclop instead!

Step away from the ledge! I think I you'll regret that decision. I will bet that there are many other tools you already have that can make this type of sound. Yes, I said it again.

This synth is definitely not my cup of tea. Hearing it, I am going to bet that once the shininess wears off a lot of people might say the same. Guess I just blew my sugarbytes endorsement opportunity? ;-). I haven't bought tera, but with all of the types of synthesis that it contains I'm betting it could make this type of sound pretty easily (and I believe it's still $10).

I haven't had my coffee yet...

• edited April 2015

I don't think so! You can not do this type of things with $10 synth! Not possible ! This is two filters mechanism with lots of modulation layering into one patch! This is the most advanced synth in ios, my humble opinion!

• @mrufino1 feel you on this one. I wonder, come the summer, if either or both of us will have caved....especially interested that you, with your bass-leanings, have not got the jones on....

• @johnnygoodyear No, this isn't bass that I do, I'm into synth bass like Bernie worrell, Greg phillinganes, etc. listening I mean. I do a very bad approximation of their playing... My mind would only have a slight change if I heard this synth used in a song that was not dub step. You know me by now though, auria would not get traded for any synth unless said synth was a real, physical minimoog.

@kaikoo tera is a $20 synth on sale for $10 if that's comforting. And modulating filters can most certainly be done, if I remember correctly tera has 4 lfo's that can be assigned anywhere. I've seen the shiny new synth pattern so many times now on ios, with each one being proclaimed "the greatest synth ever." That's how I wound up with quite a few that remain in the cloud...

If someone can use cyclop to achieve what they want that's great, I was just saying I wouldn't get an auria refund to buy it, I think an app like auria will serve someone well for many years and I don't see that with this synth. Just my opinion of course.

• @Kaikoo said:
    I don't think so! You can not do this type of things with $10 synth! Not possible ! This is two filters mechanism with lots of modulation layering into one patch! This is the most advanced synth in ios, my humble opinion!

Maybe but $10 Teras based on a much more expensive vst plugin though. ;)

Not disagreeing with you i'm going to give the vst version of Cyclop a go and i might do some comparisons with Tera and other synths. I've always viewed as a dubstep/wobble type synth and at desktop prices there are other synths that are more appealing to me but at £19 definitely worth checking out.

Yeah it does seem expensive for iOS prices, i've paid similar prices for apps that i'm not using everyday but SB apps get a lot of use, it also depends how stable it is on ioS8; does it run smoothly in Auria and AB etc...

• It's a pretty cool synth app but my favourite wobble preset on iOS is still Animoogs WooblePlayground.

• edited April 2015

While i love Tera (and i think it can be at least as much versatile as cyclop) i don't like the endless scrolling in it.It's superannoying and it keeps me away from doing more complex patches with it unfortunately.Anyway,don't underestimate it's power!It has also different synthesis options and even more filter.The routing is also very flexible!Plus multistage envelopes,4 complex LFO's etc etc. I also think Thor is quite en par with both (don't overlook the full fledged mod matrix of Thor!) but there are some things in cyclop that both definitely can't and that interest me most:creating tempobased sequences with just some knob movements (the 4 knob recorder) and the mid/side processing to create huge stereo images without affecting the low end below 250HZ (i release my stuff on vinyl and for me it's a big plus that i could fire up huge stereo basses without taking care about the vinyl cut later).And the FX sequencer could be fun as well.It really has some unique features but i don't think it's any "better" than Thor or Tera regarding complex patches.Just different.I still didn't purchased it (but i will when i'm back home) but i've read the whole manual now so i know what's going on.

• edited April 2015

@Crabman said:

You are so right! Thor and Tera are in my garage! Never use again!
    What I like about Cyclop is that it makes difficult things easy! Very very expressive! New comers are so welcome!

• edited April 2015

@mrufino1 said:
    Step away from the ledge!

I probably will, I'm unlikely to take the plunge at £19. I've been really persuaded by your enthusiasm for Auria though so I'll hang on to that and knuckle down with the manual.

@Kaikoo said:

It has a lot of features, but so far from what I've seen they all seem to end up sounding like a Prodigy album. Whereas something like Thor can be coaxed to work in almost any genre. I'd like to be proved wrong, I guess we're all waiting for that preset demo...

I'm surprised they haven't started off with an introductory pricing offer like they did with Egoist.

@firejan82 said:
    WooblePlayground.

heh

• Hmm...

Am currently trying out the desktop demo - not really terribly interesting to me, a bit like some of those super complicated Reaktor synths. I wouldn't get much use from it methinks.

• @monzo: I also wouldn't recommend getting rid of Auria in favour of the Cyclop (and I reeeeeaaallly love it). Auria is very usable for whatever you might want to achieve in your personal audiofuture, while Cyclop, though very much capable of much more than dubstep (I, for one, use it for experimental, and, yes, also ambient, sounds that tend to surprise me often, I like this very much), still is just a synth. Who knows, in a month or two you might even catch an SB-sale...! cheers, t

• edited April 2015

Hehe you guys and your crazy talk! Haha

Auria vs Cyclop! Haha

Cyclop may have the 'logo' look, (and be quite aggressive) but Auria I'm sure will have the stamina (staying 'Power').

Still getting Cyclop eventually Dow.. Hehe