Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cyclop

Comments

• edited April 2015

This is going for $25?! Is there a more expensive synth for iOS? I know the iMS-20 is $30, but Korg gives you a full multitrack creation studio too.

Doesn't diminish the quality of the synth though. One of the better ones out there in my opinion.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

I never really knew who he was anyway. Just some American dude in a wizards hat who lives somewhere where it's always sunny. 'It says nothing to me about my life.'

Hang the blessed DJ

• edited April 2015

@1P18 said:
    This is going for $25?! Is there a more expensive synth for iOS? I know the iMS-20 is $30, but Korg gives you a full multitrack creation studio too.

In Cyclop's favor, it's $115 cheaper than its desktop sibling, while iMS20 is only $20 cheaper than its plugin version. Also, that 'multitrack creation studio' is pretty limited in terms of being a true all-in-one destination anyway. Cyclop has FX and modulation sequencers, a sampler, and can imitate some drum sounds pretty well, IIRC ... and way more generous with the presets.

Both great, though, as you noted.

• @parallaxobject said:
    that 'multitrack creation studio' is pretty limited in terms of being a true all-in-one destination

It may not be an ideal studio, but it adds a lot to the MS-20 experience, with the Kaoss pads, the sequencer, the per track and master effects, the ability to string together phrases, the ability to export phrases.

The MS-20 vst plug-in has none of those things, and is kind of a dud in comparison. Probably why it's so inexpensive.

• This release has inspired me to fire it up on my desktop, hadn't actually used it in a while (been tackling samples lately), and it really is a wonderful synth.

Small but nice touch, which I assume made it to iOS, is the patch browser. Really well done, with the tagging system. Wish more developers did this.

• Yes, tagging plus plus.

• thank you Doug, appreciate it.

• @musikmachine said: What do you mean about Thesys? It is too small aside from the zoom, i have to use a styles but the same can be said for a few ioS apps.

I'm not complaining at all, don't even ever use a Stylus and am always happy with Thesys/Turnado etc., for me it's just getting used to the UI. There's quite some guys though, that seem to be unhappy with the small controls in Thesys, so I thought I'd give a little warning.... , cheers, it's rummmbbling time!

• Loving this - it's perfect for me.

• once again:how is the IAA sync to cubasis?I would buy it only if it syncs perfect.Effectrix is doing a great job in this regards so i'm optimistic.

• one last question for you guys, are there any organic soulful patches, anything with warm vibes?

• @kobamoto said:
    one last question for you guys, are there any organic soulful patches, anything with warm vibes?

Yeah, I'd like to hear if it can do more than aggressive dubstep/acid/whatever bass. For £19 it needs to be versatile so it gets plenty of use. I don't want every song to sound like The Prodigy, even though I like them. What else can it do? Hopefully we'll see more in Doug's vid.

• @monzo said:

OTOH, i'd love to make at least one song that sounded like Modeselektor, so I'm happy that they love this thing :D

• Yeah it covers that sort of sound really well, but I can get wobble/dubstep sounds in the Gadget bass synths, so I need to see how it copes with other genres before I spend nearly twenty quid on him.

• of course, there's always the 14 day back refund thing if it doesn't suit your needs.

• I've seen just about every single video and you'd think with a synth boasting so many presets that someone would have gone through and done a video on them but nooooooo.
    thankfully Doug is on the case.

• @Duncanm said:
    of course, there's always the 14 day back refund thing if it doesn't suit your needs.

Afaik you can't use this"endless".You'll lose this option if refunds happen too often.

Still nobody tried it as IAA in Cubasis and checked sync?It's a sequenced synth,how do you guys use it in combination with other stuff?

• I've tried it in cubasis, not entirely sure what you mean by 'sequenced' though. So far, I've only gasped in slight horror at the processor usage bar though; floating around the 50% range on my ipad air 2. which is nice :D No real time to do 'tests' as I'm supposed to be working...

• edited April 2015

Cyclop is fine in IAA slot as a audio input. but I can not get Effectrix working through effect slot! no sound through Effectrix! If with Seekbeats sitting in audio IAA slot, Effectrix works fine! No idea why it is so on Cubasis!

With StepPolyArp, Cyclop is doing good with each other!

• Thanks for the first impression.CPU usage sounds terrible though.What i meant with"sequenced":it seems clear that you get most fun out of Cyclop if you use all the internal modulations which are tempo based (Fx sequencer,Wobble generator,LFO's etc).But that only makes sense (to me) if it delivers a tight sync to the (DAW) host.I guess we all know how"good"the midi sync on iOS is so i'm definitely wondering why nobody else seems to care about this.Does cyclop have a way to record notes as well?does it always need a Midi Gate to fire up it's movement arsenal?

• edited April 2015

@Crabman

I did a midi track for Cyclop on Cubasis midi slot! It is fine, Efectrix midi works fine now!

I think the problem is Effectrix alone, It is not working as an audio effect if the Audio source app not working to accept midi sync!

• I think Lemur can do a good job to control Cyclop!

• Just listening to the new Prodigy album. I want Cyclop now...

• edited April 2015

On Audiobus chain, Cyclop can not pass the sound through Effectrix too!

Can anyone explain why? Even though I have Cyclop midi clock sync on and channel 1 right!

• Kaikoo - a problem with Effectrix not picking up a midi clock? That's usually the issue.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Kaikoo - a problem with Effectrix not picking up a midi clock? That's usually the issue.

Yes! This is the issue of Effectrix! Only Sugar Byte can and should work it out!

• @Kaikoo said:
    Crabman

I did a midi track for Cyclop on Cubasis midi slot! It is fine, Efectrix midi works fine now!

I think the problem is Effectrix alone, It is not working as an audio effect if the Audio source app not working to accept midi sync!

Thanks!Some more (sync) impressions from other users welcome as well :)

I don't know what your problem is with effectrix though.I use it quite a lot as IAA,mostly on audiotracks in cubasis or Auria and never have a problem with it.And it syncs perfect.At least on iOS 8 - 8.2.Didn't try it on 8.3 yet.What iOS do you use?

• @Crabman

Ios 8.3 air 1

• edited April 2015

@Kaikoo said:
    Crabman

Ios 8.3 air 1

ok,same here (but Air 2).Hope that doesn't mean i lost the wonderful reliable Effectrix now.Have to try later.

Do you had problems with Effectrix before 8.3?