Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cyclop

Comments

• For me it's just having everything all in one app TBH. Saved and remembered between sessions.

• Er. Mah. Gerd. This looks like so much fun. Sure picked a bad week to start saving my cash.

• Got this for desktop; it's a hefty, meaty synth. Lots to sink your teeth into.

• Indeed, more fun than any Sugar Bytes iPad apps! Good specification arrangement for all sorts of modulation! Good for beginner like me to learn all the modulation tricks!

• o hell yes

• I feel like i don't deserve this until i've fully learnt Z3ta (which i'm sure could be made to make a lot of the same sounds).

• Tried in desktop.Not only bass also works for pads.This dirty beast is a monster and sounds really BIG.There's nothing like this in IOS. Don't be afraid when your monitors scream like they're in hell speaking with devil:)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I feel like i don't deserve this until i've fully learnt Z3ta (which i'm sure could be made to make a lot of the same sounds).

Puritan!

• edited April 2015

Ha ha... @JohnnyGoodyear i'm sure i'll crack...

But i've just bought an iPad Mini and i'm thinking of diving in with various Auria plugins. Plus there's Auria Pro soon. And that ios-to-ios device midi lead. And that drum pad for impacktor........

• Ah but you can't play space invaders with z3ta......

• You deserve this beast, You are the modulation guy!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Ha ha... JohnnyGoodyear i'm sure i'll crack...

But i've just bought an iPad Mini and i'm thinking of diving in with various Auria plugins. Plus there's Auria Pro soon. And that ios-to-ios device midi lead. And that drum pad for impacktor........

I wonder if USB midi between devices will work with sync. When I tried using midi over Bluetooth it didn't work well because there were too many clicks for the band so the latency suffered. Hopefully it will work better via cable. Personally I'd rather have it all on one screen (I'm a sucker for simplicity) but having 2 screens sounds tasty. Let me know how it goes.

• Is Cyclop a mono synth?

• I made it to Admiral in that space invaders game. Actually quite funny time waster, can be set to randomize presets everytime u get hit, play notes in certain scales, set the speed etc, a bit like a really weird arpeggiator.

@knewspeak said:
    Is Cyclop a mono synth?

Yea it's monophonic.

• Yes, one voice, @knewspeak

• I'm sooooo happy they ported this beast to ios! Was a mustbuy the second I learned it's here... . Since then hours of earhoney. Whoever thonks Thesys is too small with the tiny controls, should think twice, though, and watch some Tutorials first. It does have some very small contents to grab with a finger... . I love it, gotta go keep playing, yesssa

• plus:t> @Kaikoo said:

There is no point to make it native plugin to Auria Pro!

Always funny to see how one person knows best for all others :p

• edited April 2015

Admiral bitches! Although...I'm not sure If you can actually die in this one, which simplifies things a bit I guess..

http://forum.audiob.us/uploads/FileUpload/55/c3f5d5477eba016aa3d35dc7ffefa8.jpg

• edited April 2015

Why Cyclop and not Cyclops? Are they saving the Cyclops name for their polyphonic version?

• @Ringleader said:
    Why Cyclop and not Cyclops? Are they saving the Cyclops name for their polyphonic version?

Maybe cause there's no "s" in german (Zyklop)?

• @Crizzy said:
    I find this pretty ugly, even by Sugar Bytes standards.

I think it looks great, though being a skeuomorphic fan I prefer my UI's to look like proper old synths, or as in this example - the dashboard of an old army truck.

I'll need some persuading before I'd part with 19 quid though. Unless a Doug vid tempts me otherwise I'll file this one under 'wait for a sale'

• edited April 2015

@monzo said:

Asked and answered. Me too. Don't know what the price point would have had to have been. $14.99 maybe? Dunno. No doubt worth it to you if it is :)

• Don't waste your time, man!

I said wrong thing about Cyclop; It actually has 4 unison voices but play one note at a time, therefore, it is monophonic.

This is bass modulation monster.

Even Jordan Rudess plays it!

• Jordan Rudess plays everything you pay him for.Just sayin :)

• @Ringleader said:

This. I thought exactly the same thing.

• edited April 2015

@Flo26 said:
    This is a bit of a caricature.isn't it? Let's not forget what a fantastic player he is.and what a big professional musician he is.

If anyone needs reminding of that, it's probably Jordan Rudess himself. He's the one who created the caricature by whoring himself to any product that would pay him. It's so shameless it's kinda funny. I'm sure he must be aware of the sniggering at his expense, but then again he's the one with the dollars in his pocket.

Did he ever promote Sugar Bytes other app Egoist? That would be worth a meme. :)

• edited April 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Asked and answered. Me too. Don't know what the price point would have had to have been. $14.99 maybe? Dunno. No doubt worth it to you if it is :)

Anything over a tenner has to be extra special, to tempt me to prise the padlocks off my wallet. I like SB apps and I'm sure it's worth it, but nearly twenty quid is a bit too hefty for me at the moment.

• Too pricey for me so far but that is partly because I am holding fast and waiting for SynthMaster which will cost me less and I am sure at least at this point use much more. If I really fealt that I needed this I would not mind the price though. Then again once I get done purchasing patches for Synthmaster it will cost me considerably more but again , I am positive I will use it more than I ever would this and it is due out very, very soon now!

• Hi, check this good Cyclop tutorial, nice! Just waiting Auria Pro to cycloping it!

• this thing can mangle samples but I can't find any videos outside of people wobbling. does anybody know of any videos using the app to get your sample on?