Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth Is Released!

Comments

• @dendy said:

@eross said:
    did somebody say this might be coming to iphone soon? that could be cool

as only member of beta team with iphone i was just todad asked by Arto if i think it’s ready to go .. i found two small UI problems but other than that my answer was “yes” .. so i believe “soon” but don’t ask me when exactly.. also if there will be some problems on smaller iphones (i have XS max) , everybody can fully blame me lol, cause Arto doesn’t have iphone and it was actually me who convinced him after he pushed iPad version for preorder to enable also iphone support - so all complains comes on my head :-)))

Really glad you did. I buy but never end up using synths that are iPad only. Need to have the synth in GarageBand work on the phone when I'm out and about.

• @tk32 said:

@sigma79 said:

Kirnu has just confirmed this little gremlin has been fixed, so will be included in the next update.

In the meantime, you can draw custom wavetables in the WT1 editor then save/load them into WT2.

Thanks

• edited May 2023

@dendy said:

@eross said:

as only member of beta team with iphone i was just todad asked by Arto if i think it’s ready to go .. i found two small UI problems but other than that my answer was “yes” .. so i believe “soon” but don’t ask me when exactly.. also if there will be some problems on smaller iphones (i have XS max) , everybody can fully blame me lol, cause Arto doesn’t have iphone and it was actually me who convinced him after he pushed iPad version for preorder to enable also iphone support - so all complains comes on my head :-)))

I’d be happy to give it an iPhone once over if you want @Kirnu ?
    I’m already on the iPad beta

• Could it be possible to reorder the fx in the top menu, so your most used are available w/o a scroll?

• @gregsmith said:

@dendy said:

@eross said:

I started new closed testing list so I'll need to add you to the list. Please PM me your TestFlight email address and I'll add you to the list

• Jade likes it:

• Is this the preferred place to post bug reports and related thoughts? I don't see a support link in the app or at https://www.kirnuarp.com/.

• @Kirnu said:

@gregsmith said:

@dendy said:

@eross said:

I started new closed testing list so I'll need to add you to the list. Please PM me your TestFlight email address and I'll add you to the list

Done, thanks! 😊👍

• Forgot to tag @Kirnu and @tk32 ...

@BeatsMe said:
    Is this the preferred place to post bug reports and related thoughts? I don't see a support link in the app or at https://www.kirnuarp.com/.

• edited May 2023

@BeatsMe said:
    Is this the preferred place to post bug reports and related thoughts? I don't see a support link in the app or at https://www.kirnuarp.com/.

I've asked the dev this question, and I think he will setup an email for this purpose. For now you can...

N.B. I suspect that he (like most other devs) would prefer not to receive bug reports via Twitter

• @BeatsMe said:

https://twitter.com/KirnuArp

• @tk32 said:
    N.B. I suspect that he (like most other devs) would prefer not to receive bug reports via Twitter

This is the only thing that is mentioned on the website ... so he will get any and all support requests there, beside from people from this forum ;-)

• @tk32 said:

Or worse: via AppStore reviews :D

• @tja said:

@tk32 said:

This is the only thing that is mentioned on the website ... so he will get any and all support requests there, beside from people from this forum ;-)

I'm sure that's true, but calling out suspected bugs via Twitter is not something I would ever do personally. A low key message via PM is much more gracious and respectful to indie devs, imho.

...now obviously, my advice would be the exact opposite if you're trying to call out bad practice/treatment by a big corporation in public for all to see.

Hopefully Kirnu will setup a dedicated email or ticket system for bugs in due course.

• @tk32 @tja @brambos

Thanks for all the responses! I did send my question a little earlier in a PM to Kirnu, but haven't received a response yet. Could be nighttime for him.

At least I assume it's what's called a PM: I went to his profile and hit "Message", entered the text, and hit "Post Message." If that's wrong, please correct me.

• @BeatsMe :+1:

I'm sure he'll get back to you soon

• @tk32 said:

@tja said:

@tk32 said:

I'm sure that's true, but calling out suspected bugs via Twitter is not something I would ever do personally. A low key message via PM is much more gracious and respectful to indie devs, imho.

...now obviously, my advice would be the exact opposite if you're trying to call out bad practice/treatment by a big corporation in public for all to see.

Hopefully Kirnu will setup a dedicated email or ticket system for bugs in due course.

I just wanted to point to the fact that currently the Twitter address is the ONLY published way to contact the developer - beside those people who are in this forum and read the relevant threads or got into the beta over other ways.

So this is currently the main channel for people to contact him, beside the dreaded App Store review ;-)

• edited May 2023

• edited May 2023

Would resources be way more if there were more wavetable channels or other synthesis?

Do you actually need more channels?

Not seeing the point of sample, granular and maybe fm ( fm might be ok )

• What have people created with this synth so far?

• Any ideas when the iPhone version will hit the store? I’ve been refreshing a few times a day since you mentioned it was coming lol been waiting for a synth like this for years 😁

• I see the excitement for this synth, and I want to share it. But I keep coming back to a couple questions:

1. Is the sound quality of Butter Synth on the same level with Zeeon? (I have listened to a few demos of Butter, and so far I've heard lots of nice sounds but no great or unique sounds. I realize that statement is subjective.)

2. If the real excitement is about all of the different ways Butter can make sounds, how does it compare with Sugar Byte's Factory?

This isn't, for me, a money issue so much as a time issue: where to invest the precious hours or minutes in a day? I don't mind spending money or learning something new, if it's fun, produces better results, or makes a usable sound that I haven't heard before. (For me, the synth that really sounds different AND usable is Sugar Byte's Aparillo.)

• @dokwok2 said:
    I see the excitement for this synth, and I want to share it. But I keep coming back to a couple questions:

1. Is the sound quality of Butter Synth on the same level with Zeeon? (I have listened to a few demos of Butter, and so far I've heard lots of nice sounds but no great or unique sounds. I realize that statement is subjective.)

2. If the real excitement is about all of the different ways Butter can make sounds, how does it compare with Sugar Byte's Factory?

This isn't, for me, a money issue so much as a time issue: where to invest the precious hours or minutes in a day? I don't mind spending money or learning something new, if it's fun, produces better results, or makes a usable sound that I haven't heard before. (For me, the synth that really sounds different AND usable is Sugar Byte's Aparillo.)

It is an excellent synth. It doesn’t sound better than Zeeon imo. It isn’t a replacement for Zeeon. ButterSynth offers features like wavetable synthesis and a wavetable editor and a sample oscillator and more.

Check out demos and see if those are things you would use.

• Agree it doesn’t overlapse Zeon it is a different synth. With butterflies as it offer many type of synthesis like FM, wave table, granular you got more type of sounds like Zeon but sounds taste is very personal.

Each good synth have it own character but also offer different sound design possibilities.

What is not nice is when you buy a synt that overlapse an other synth from the same dev , in my case I bought Yonak cauldron which is not anymore useful since Yonac release Trooper far better to my opinion but it’s an evolution of Cauldron so I waste my money buying Cauldron still I understand that Yonac seems to have the same synth architecture each release being just an evolution.

• @dokwok2 said:
    I see the excitement for this synth, and I want to share it. But I keep coming back to a couple questions:

As others have pointed out, what sounds “good” is entirely subjective. To my ears, Buttersynth sounds really rich and deep, and the modulation possibilities and very clear, intuitive UI allow you to create something tailored to your own personal tastes. For what it’s worth, and I mean no disrespect to the creators, the presets are terrible.

• @NeuM said:
    What have people created with this synth so far?

You are using Synths to actually make music? 😳😳😳

😅

• @BerlinFx said:
    Agree it doesn’t overlapse Zeon it is a different synth. With butterflies as it offer many type of synthesis like FM, wave table, granular you got more type of sounds like Zeon but sounds taste is very personal.

Each good synth have it own character but also offer different sound design possibilities.

What is not nice is when you buy a synt that overlapse an other synth from the same dev , in my case I bought Yonak cauldron which is not anymore useful since Yonac release Trooper far better to my opinion but it’s an evolution of Cauldron so I waste my money buying Cauldron still I understand that Yonac seems to have the same synth architecture each release being just an evolution.

I think that Trooper is a more easy to use version of Magellan 2, not Kauldron.

I removed Kauldron after installing Magellan 2.
    But I did not get Trooper.

• @tja said:

@BerlinFx said:
    Agree it doesn’t overlapse Zeon it is a different synth. With butterflies as it offer many type of synthesis like FM, wave table, granular you got more type of sounds like Zeon but sounds taste is very personal.

I got Magellan 2 , Trooper is really good great loud sound in the Moog spitit but very different as a synth than Moog . I love the GUI too. You can add 3 great IAP each pack is around 2 usd I tell that for preset lovers as it come with a fairly small amount of presets.

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

@BerlinFx said:

I got Magellan 2 , Trooper is really good great loud sound in the Moog spitit but very different as a synth than Moog . I love the GUI too. You can add 3 great IAP each pack is around 2 usd I tell that for preset lovers as it come with a fairly small amount of presets.

Yes, I got them all.

Back to ButterSynth 🤗

• edited May 2023

I am working around ButterSynth to sound design next sound that will be on my mood , and beginning of a track , as I am a bit a slow guy I take my time. It is a great synth for iOS worth every penny for sure.