Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth Is Released!

Comments

• @HotStrange said:

@sigma79 said:

@israelite said:

@dendy said:

Yes this is still subject of improvements, as first thing try turn off all other apps which are running in background ... i can run on iPhone XS 4 instances in NS2, with fifth one i start getting this waring too.. this iPhone has has 4 gigs of ram .. on iPad Air M1 i can run much more (has 8 gigs of ram)

Dev knows about this problem on older devices with smaller RAM, it's still opened task for improvements ...

Air 4th gen doesn't have a small amount of ram. And to be honest I am too lazy to close other apps only to be able to use BS. For me Synthmaster 2 is doing everything BS is and has 3000 presets, so I will stay with SM2. Cheers

Hmm.

Bought an ipad 9 just for synths ( no drums )

Seems like you need an ipad air 5

Which means £800. Maybe creeking and screen issues ( like the last two ipad air 3 )

I have the Air 5 (2022) and have had no issues with it.

Did you buy from Apple direct?

Are you from UK?

Can you still use a cck instead of audio4c ( which is usbc ) So ipad charges without audio4c on?

Israelite is right.

Ipads really should be ok but thought an ipad air 5 ( just for synths ) Should be good but then thought the ipad 9 should generally be enough and chose because of issues with ipad airs and none with ipad 9. There wernt issues with ipad mini though ( a laminate screen )

The only issue ipad air 3s were from apple. The other ipads not from apple.

Wonder if stores get better batch ipads or the air 3 were just a design fault.

• edited April 2023

@dendy said:

@Pxlhg said:

@israelite said:
    Air 4th gen doesn't have a small amount of ram. And to be honest I am too lazy to close other apps only to be able to use BS. For me Synthmaster 2 is doing everything BS is and has 3000 presets, so I will stay with SM2. Cheers

Air 4 has 4Gb ram which should suffice. You must be on beta, dismissing it so easily, and if you have updated that lately you might have been thrown back to an older version (of the beta) as the beta testing is over (there are a limited number of testers).
    Also, but you're probably too lazy for this as well ;) --> check/change oversampling in settings. :D :D

This, i can run up to 4-5 instances of beta on my iPhone, which has 4 gigs ram, i just need close other apps which is good practice anyway ;)

Just for the sake of helping to troubleshoot the problem for @Kirnu
    I was not on beta. Paid for the synth. And got popup about maxing the AUv3s memory in NS2.

I know you guys are preset makers and big fan boys, but still this doesn't change the fact that the apps code can be improved. Cheers

• edited April 2023

• edited April 2023

@dendy said:

@Pierre118 said:

@cyberheater said:

@dendy said:

@cyberheater said:
    Does this also work on M1 Macs?

Nope.. at least i don't see it in AppStore on my Mac M1 .. But there are plans release it as native Mac plugin too , no idea when

Thanks Dendy. I'll give it a miss then.

It was Mac M1 compatible during the Testflight, so I bought it for that reason. Why is that removed? Do you know that @dendy ?

i think Arto want's release it as standalone app for Mac with different pricing, which pretty much makes sense considering prices on desktop for comparable synths, and other factors (piracy on desktop and stuff like that)..

Thanks for the reply!

He could have add this information to the Apple Store description, because in the Testflight versions it worked on Mac M1. So I assumed it also would work in the final version.

Is Twitter the only way to contact him?

• @israelite said:
    BTW, what has oversampling to do with apps memory usage?

Sorry - already went off to have a good day as per your suggestion.

• @Pxlhg said:

@israelite said:
    BTW, what has oversampling to do with apps memory usage?

Sorry - already went off to have a good day as per your suggestion.

🤣

• Ive only had a quick go last night, I was getting inspiration from it. A step modulator and matrix is always a winner for me.

Just holding two notes unfiltered.. it has a good sound to me, a good rendering engine I guess.
    Well, I like it any how 😁 its a very well featured synth.
    £19.99? No grumbles here, I feel like I have stolen it and left a £20 note to take the piss.

• @gregsmith said:

@dendy said:

@gregsmith said

Do you know if the oversampling options are separate from presets, or do they get saved into the preset?

separate, everything in that settings dropdown is global, patch not related

Thanks. Very sensible.

Whilst you’re around @Kirnu ….

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Thanks! Appreciated

• @israelite said:

@dendy said:

@Pxlhg said:

@israelite said:

Air 4 has 4Gb ram which should suffice. You must be on beta, dismissing it so easily, and if you have updated that lately you might have been thrown back to an older version (of the beta) as the beta testing is over (there are a limited number of testers).
    Also, but you're probably too lazy for this as well ;) --> check/change oversampling in settings. :D :D

This, i can run up to 4-5 instances of beta on my iPhone, which has 4 gigs ram, i just need close other apps which is good practice anyway ;)

I was not on beta. Paid for the synth. And got popup about maxing the AUv3s memory in NS2.

I know you guys are preset makers and big fan boys, but still this doesn't change the fact that the apps code can be improved. Cheers

Oversampling does not increase the memory consumption. Only CPU load.
    Do you remember which presets you were using when you got that memory warning? Big wavetables and samples will take lot of memory and there's nothing I can do about it.
    If you are getting memory warning with the init patch there's something weird happening then

• Manual says this: Long-press (almost) any parameter dial in Buttersynth’s interface to setup a Mod Matrix destination. Select a source from the pop-up list, ….
    But it doesn’t seem to work. I press long hold and nothing happens (?)

• @Kashi said:
    Manual says this: Long-press (almost) any parameter dial in Buttersynth’s interface to setup a Mod Matrix destination. Select a source from the pop-up list, ….

which knob are you tapping?

• edited April 2023

@Kirnu said:

@Kashi said:
    Manual says this: Long-press (almost) any parameter dial in Buttersynth’s interface to setup a Mod Matrix destination. Select a source from the pop-up list, ….

which knob are you tapping? Try for example filter cutoff. It should at least work

• @kirnu while 'testflighting' it was possible to use Buttersynth also on Mac M1, which was very good. But you removed that from the final version, why?

• @Pierre118 said:
    @kirnu while 'testflighting' it was possible to use Buttersynth also on Mac M1, which was very good. But you removed that from the final version, why?

Yes, that was part of why I bought it ....

• @Pierre118 said:
    @kirnu while 'testflighting' it was possible to use Buttersynth also on Mac M1, which was very good. But you removed that from the final version, why?

How did you run it in Mac M1? Standalone?

• @Kirnu said:

@Pierre118 said:

How did you run it in Mac M1? Standalone? Are you talking about Mac Catalyst?

• edited April 2023

@Kirnu said:

@Pierre118 said:

I ran it in Ableton, I haven’t checked yet whether it’s still working there since the release though…

Edit: the beta is still installed and still works, but I can’t see it anywhere on the Mac App Store, not even in recent purchases…

• Remember that the most recent betas are/were several versions ahead of the release build.

Treat the release build as 'stable' and the beta versions as 'experimental/forthcoming'.

• edited April 2023

@Kirnu said:

@Kirnu said:

@Kashi said:

which knob are you tapping? Try for example filter cutoff. It should at least work

Ah, working now 🤔 user-error I’m sure. Really enjoying it by the way. Sounds beautiful, and like most of the folks who were on the beta said; UI is clear and intuitive

• Yeah, I’m digging it. Very nice, broadly useful tool. I think this is going to get a lot of use.

• edited April 2023

@Kirnu said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Kirnu Testflight version 0.9 (32) runs as well in standalone and as a AUv3 in Ableton/Logic Pro in MacOS Ventura on my 16" Macbook Pro M1

I can't find which version the App Store released version is. It's not showing in 'about'

Update : the App Store released version is the same as the most recent Testflight version, version 0.9 (32)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    Can someone confirm that this doesn't have aftertouch as a mod source, or did i just misread? Thanks!

• @ehehehe said:
    This looks pretty cool, especially the comprehensive wavetable editor with fx that should yield interesting results. But Nave covers my bases in that sonic department until it dies. Can someone confirm that this doesn't have aftertouch as a mod source, or did i just misread? Thanks!

I just checked the list of mod sources & I see “Aftertouch CH” & “Aftertouch Poly”.
    I haven’t tried them yet though.

• @tk32 said:
    Remember that the most recent betas are/were several versions ahead of the release build.

Treat the release build as 'stable' and the beta versions as 'experimental/forthcoming'.

The release is the same version as the most recent Testflight version v0.9 (32), so the latest beta is the release version.

• @Pierre118 said:
    The release is the same version as the most recent Testflight version v0.9 (32), so the latest beta is the release version.

This is not correct. v0.9 (32) was the last of the 'public' ButterSynth betas.

There have been 3 further builds, but these are only for the core beta team.

• tjatja
    edited April 2023

@Pierre118 said:

@tk32 said:
    Remember that the most recent betas are/were several versions ahead of the release build.

How did you get this impression?

The latest TestFlight version I can see is version "0.1 (32)"

I cannot see a version info in the AppStore or the App itself.

• @Kirnu said:

@israelite said:

@dendy said:

@Pxlhg said:

@israelite said:

Oversampling does not increase the memory consumption. Only CPU load.
    Do you remember which presets you were using when you got that memory warning? Big wavetables and samples will take lot of memory and there's nothing I can do about it.
    If you are getting memory warning with the init patch there's something weird happening then

Sorry, I wish to be of more help but honestly I do not remember neither I can not recreate the event. The popup appeared when I switched to other app (MIDI keyboard) and then came back to NS2.

• @tja said:

@Pierre118 said:

@tk32 said:

How did you get this impression?

The latest TestFlight version I can see is version "0.1 (32)"

I cannot see a version info in the AppStore or the App itself.

In Testflight it's version 0.9 (32). When you click on the 'wrench' in Buttersynth you can see the version number of the release.

• @tk32 said:

@Pierre118 said:

This is not correct. v0.9 (32) was the last of the 'public' ButterSynth betas.

There have been 3 further builds, but these are only for the core beta team.

I don't have any knowledge about the versions for the 'core' beta team..... but hoping for a update soon so I can use it again as AUv3 in MacOS 13 Ventura.