Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth Is Released!

1131415161719»

Comments

• @Kirnu said:

@Antos3345 said:
    Is there any option to turn off the save changes before switching presets? It gets very annoying to tweak a preset and decide to go to another and some annoying pop up message prompts me to save changes or not.

I'll make showing the dialog as a setting so you can turn if off

Oh that's great! It's a small thing but when flicking through presets, maybe tweak the filter a bit, only to have to click through the dialog gets tedious.

Just to say this is a small thing, I love this synth and am having a lot of fun with it and getting some really good sounds, so keep up the good work.

• @Kirnu said:

@Antos3345 said:
    Is there any option to turn off the save changes before switching presets? It gets very annoying to tweak a preset and decide to go to another and some annoying pop up message prompts me to save changes or not.

I'll make showing the dialog as a setting so you can turn if off

Nice :)

• I'm working with Buttersynth and had some feedback, but couldn't find a way to contact Kirnu directly (understandable), so @Kirnu if you're listening, I'm very excited about this synth but struggling with 2 things:

1. The curve of the release portion of the envelope seems really stark. A pad sound or something with a long release has a pretty noticeable point where it just suddenly dies, it's not very smooth. I can get around this with reverb or the curve envelope, but I'd prefer to just use the more basic envelopes as they typically work. I've never had this experience with other synths.
    2. I need filter key tracking, but it's a little hard to do. The grain oscillator has a key track button - I need that for the filter too! I know I can route it with the matrix through a long-press, but between the min, max, and amount, it's pretty tough to tell when it's fully tracking, half tracking, etc.

Thanks for making this wonderful app! I'm looking forward to using it lots.

• edited January 22

@Kirnu
    i just got buttersynth and overall i'm loving it!

i'm focusing on the wavetable editor right now- and after spending some time with it i have a few bits of feedback & some questions

• the wavetable editor effects have a lot of valuable, subtle potential that is hard to get to because of the value scaling. for example, the sample and hold can introduce very pleasant aliasing to a sine wave, but i have to very carefully set it to a very small value. it would be nice to have more control over the smaller values (same goes for the other effect parameters) - as i get to the halfway point S&H just turns my waveform into a blocky square wave.
    • i need a way to bake/resample the current effects settings to the selected frame without replacing the other frames.
    • if i try and save a single frame with effects on it, the effects are not included when i reopen it.
    • when i load wavetables downloaded from https://waveeditonline.com/ they do not scan

i also agree with the above comment about the envelopes - it feels like the curve is not quite right. perhaps there could be curve toggle option?