Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Hainbach and BramBos collab ?

Comments

• edited December 2022

Looks like code Ninjas post too fast for a mere mortal forum software to handle correctly 😂

• edited December 2022

Hainbach to Bram - "I have a strange question. What if we took Fugue Machine, SampleWiz 2, and Borderlands Granular and stuck them in a blender?"

Bram - "Voila!"

It's days like these I'm glad I use an M1 iPad to handle such power. 😃 EDIT: nevermind, it works flawlessly on my iPhone SE 2 too.

Additional thoughts before posting this reply: Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but was too busy stuck into Fluss to put it down.

So the plan for my second Lofi EP was to have an alien soundscape play far in the background instead of a loop of raindrops from Freesound.org like in the first EP. My plan was also to use my iPhone 100% to create the EP from start to finish including the soundscape. My plan was to use FLSM to produce the beats, and AUM to produce the soundscape. I planned to use SampleWiz 2 to craft the soundscape given that Borderlands Granular is iPad-only.

However, after a play with this, looks like I won't need multiple instances of Samplewiz 2. Just one or two instances of Fluss in AUM, and I'm good.

Beautiful clean interface. Very easy to pick up for a granular synthesis nerd like me, lol. I took to it naturally. Very pleasing and organic results. I just loaded a .wav of one of the demos I made, and off I went like a madman.

Nice work @Hainbach and @brambos !

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Hainbach to Bram - "I have a strange question. What if we took Fugue Machine, SampleWiz 2, and Borderlands Granular and stuck them in a blender?"

Bram - "Voila!"

🤣

It's days like these I'm glad I use an M1 iPad to handle such power. 😃 EDIT: nevermind, it works flawlessly on my iPhone SE 2 too.

Yep, it’s running nicely on my 2018 iPad base model. Just had Esoteric Synth and Ripplemaker (running a generative patch) running through two instances of Fluss Processor, both channels bussed into the Amazing Noises Limiter, and it was peaking around 33% DSP in AUM.

Nice work @Hainbach and @brambos !

Too right! This is the kind of thing that makes me forget everything else (eat, sleep etc) if I’m not careful. Just had to forcefully tear myself away from it before I just got totally sucked into its vortex, as I have jobs I really need to do today!

• Wouldn't it make sense to merge the 2 threads about this app? Keep everything in the same place for convenience?

• edited December 2022

Weird feedback: can some separation be applied to F and L, looks like Russ - my two cents 🙃

• Just to confirm, have been working against the clock and the dodginess of using a vpn in China at the moment, but vid will be up in time to do a premiere roughly an hour from now. ie 4pm Berlin time, 3pm UK time. Great app. Hainbach and Bram will both join in the live chat so come join if you're free. There will also be a giveaway of 5 of any app by Bram 🎉. The vid is a comprehensive 40 minute walkthrough and demo, I think it will be useful for many. Will post in a separate thread once YouTube processing etc is finished. Cheers! 🎉

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Weird feedback: can some separation be applied to F and L, looks like Russ - my two cents 🙃

You can call it whatever you want! Just call it Russ if that's what you see... ;-)

• edited December 2022

@brambos Is the greyed out 2 section in FLUSS normal if I enlarge the AU in AUM? This is on a iPad not iPhone which I believe the switching is normal ?

• Waiting on a video..

• edited December 2022

@Jumpercollins said:
    @brambos Is the greyed out 2 section in FLUSS normal if I enlarge the AU in AUM? This is on a iPad not iPhone which I believe the switching is normal ?

Yes it's normal if the entire screen doesn't completely fit on the display. I think you're just a few pixels short in this setting, that's why it shows it like that :)

Make the Fluss window a tiny bit smaller and it will go away.

• Amazing work by you two. Everything you’ve done with this app makes it so accessible and intriguing to all sorts of musicians, and the launch video is brilliant.

I love that you can play it like a serious musician or shake your phone like a toy and make all sorts of music every which way.

I hope that you have the most successful launch, and that it just soars from there until it locks in as “everybody’s synth” in the App Store. And I’m so glad you released after cyber week sales time so that we can pay you appropriately for your work.

• edited December 2022

@brambos said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Yes it's normal if the entire screen doesn't completely fit on the display. I think you're just a few pixels short in this setting, that's why it shows it like that :)

Make the Fluss window a tiny bit smaller and it will go away.

Thanks @brambos all understood. It does seem to be a bit hit and miss even with a small window to make it disappear?

• edited December 2022

Is there any chance of 'touching the sample' giving us individual control for the 3 grain line positions, @brambos? At the moment, you touch the sample and all 3 grain lines move to the new position. It would be great to have an option for individual control of this - maybe this could work by the colour matching the last control you touched (ie. if you touched the green pitch circle last, touching the sample would move the green grain to that position). The other 2 colours would stay where they are on the sample. Or you could have a 'grain palette' somewhere on the screen - touch the colour and that's the grain line that will change position when you touch the sample.

Of course, you could turn this off to have the default behaviour.

• edited December 2022

Yisses! That shake randomisation can be lethal (volume!) .. fun idea though :D

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

You can call it whatever you want! Just call it Russ if that's what you see... ;-)

😂

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Is there any chance of 'touching the sample' giving us individual control for the 3 grain line positions, @brambos? At the moment, you touch the sample and all 3 grain lines move to the new position. It would be great to have an option for individual control of this - maybe this could work by the colour matching the last control you touched (ie. if you touched the green pitch circle last, touching the sample would move the green grain to that position). The other 2 colours would stay where they are on the sample. Or you could have a 'grain palette' somewhere on the screen - touch the colour and that's the grain line that will change position when you touch the sample.

The three knobs top left gives you individual control - e.g double tap stops the one you tap. Not touch but, if you missed it :D

• Blimey, I can get lost in this thing for hours....you can get some really lovely sounds going...

• edited December 2022

@monz0id said:
    Blimey, I can get lost in this thing for hours....you can get some really lovely sounds going...

Yeah it's real fun - control over it comes next :D

• @brambos Is there a chance that Fluss will be MacOS compatible in the (near) future?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

I would like the same, and asked for it but Bram feels it's not within the idea of 'flow' that defines the app. The workaround is to use 3 separate instances. It's low on CPU anyway, and this actually gives you more flexibility as you can control grain size, spread etc separately for each one, so it's not really that big of an issue

• @brambos Should there not be an indication that the .scl file imported has succeeded to do so? Found a bunch online but not sure anything happens. Secondly, are there no "play in background/Ableton Link support"?

• @brambos - love the app, but would it be possible to have a padlock lock/unlock button under the Pitch section?

At the moment I’m often accidentally ‘locking’ playheads together when moving them around - and it’s really hard unlocking them again. t’d also be nice to have ‘non-stick’ option, so we can move playheads over each other without them sticking together.

Just a couple of thoughts, but overall I’m really enjoying it.

• @monz0id said:
    @brambos - love the app, but would it be possible to have a padlock lock/unlock button under the Pitch section?

At the moment I’m often accidentally ‘locking’ playheads together when moving them around - and it’s really hard unlocking them again. t’d also be nice to have ‘non-stick’ option, so we can move playheads over each other without them sticking together.

Just a couple of thoughts, but overall I’m really enjoying it.

If they get bunched up you can double-tap them, that may already help.

You can also triple-tap the pitch xy pad to access the hidden bounce mode, which will prevent balls from moving over each other :)

• @Jumpercollins Maybe a good idea to change the topic title in 'Fluss - New Hainbach and BramBos collab', and remove the 'off topic' flag?

• @brambos said:

You can also triple-tap the pitch xy pad to access the hidden bounce mode, which will prevent balls from moving over each other :)

Excellent! That was my only extra wish for the app. So nice to know it’s already there! 👍

• What is the difference between quantization in minor and aeolian?

• I know that they have very different features, but in terms of sound produced, for those that have both, is this similar to Spacecraft? Thanks!

• @Pxlhg said:
    @brambos Should there not be an indication that the .scl file imported has succeeded to do so? Found a bunch online but not sure anything happens. Secondly, are there no "play in background/Ableton Link support"?

I don't exist!

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What is the difference between quantization in minor and aeolian?

None, as far as I know, and which I mentioned in my vid. Aeolian should be replaced with another mode, hopefully, that would make more sense. Since there is the option for custom scales, though, it's not the end of the world. Easy to dial in whatever scale / mode you want. I'll be interested to hear back from those who import scala scales whether the interface changes to show microtonal notes - I guess not. But there's always the unquantized mode, I guess