Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Hainbach and BramBos collab ?

1789101113»

Comments

• @brambos Thoughts on the following?

A way to stop/start this with transport and option to have scan speeds work as clock dividers and synchronized to a master clock.

• edited December 2022

Are there any finger techniques to know about?
    Regarding modulation and parameter adjustment, I sometimes get results with the opposite intention.

• @brambos said:

@christsinfamie said:
    I bought this blind. Opened it. Didn‘t know what anything did! :D I hope the video by Hainbach is explaining it a bit, but I know I will love it

Yes, all will be clear. No worries :)

I love it! Great work, Bram

• @christsinfamie said:

@brambos said:

@christsinfamie said:
    I bought this blind. Opened it. Didn‘t know what anything did! :D I hope the video by Hainbach is explaining it a bit, but I know I will love it

Yes, all will be clear. No worries :)

I love it! Great work, Bram

Thanks! :)

• It would be interesting to have different LFO shapes available to "push" with finger motions.

This app's superb UI design is fantastic on iPhone. Wonderful creative tool.

• I love this app.
    I really do.
    I just wish the grains weren’t so frantic! I’m not talking about density, or spread, or the envelope, but about how quickly they move around. It’s very difficult to get something slow and organic without resorting to the shimmer section ( or adding another third party reverb) to drown out the frenetic energy of the grains. Might it be possible to make them slower @brambos ? So that each grain that appears would play a little bit more of the source material , so it felt more like a sampler that granulates. Hope that makes sense? I’m thinking of Granulator 2 in Ableton, where I am able to create very organic, flowing (!) music without needing to smother everything in reverb.
    I’m pretty sure that Fluss can’t do what I want, but if anyone has got any tips/techniques that help make things less jittery, let me know!

• @Kashi said:
    I’m pretty sure that Fluss can’t do what I want, but if anyone has got any tips/techniques that help make things less jittery, let me know!

It’s quite a deceptive app, this one. From the outside it looks pretty straightforward, but there’s a lot of depth under the bonnet, and it actually takes quite a bit of practice to get the best from it.

Choosing samples is key too - my usual practice of bunging in any old weirdness isn’t working with this app, so I’m making some new ones and taking notes from the Hainbach samples.

So I think lots of practice and experimentation will reward users with better results - like learning a traditional instrument.

• @monz0id said:

@Kashi said:

It’s quite a deceptive app, this one. From the outside it looks pretty straightforward, but there’s a lot of depth under the bonnet, and it actually takes quite a bit of practice to get the best from it.

Choosing samples is key too - my usual practice of bunging in any old weirdness isn’t working with this app, so I’m making some new ones and taking notes from the Hainbach samples.

So I think lots of practice and experimentation will reward users with better results - like learning a traditional instrument.

Sure, I agree @monz0id . Wise words.
    As I've said in another thread, I don't want to come across as being down on this app. I think it's ace.