Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Hainbach and BramBos collab ?

edited October 2022 in Off-topic

I wonder what the both of them have been cooking that’s saved Hainbach space and what bit of kit he had that weighed 4KG that whatever it is replaced it ? New app? Actually Hainbach confirmed tonight on Dougs Dial demo that a new iOS App is coming.

«13456713

Comments

  • The OP-1F seems to be replacing his tape loops (he’s just posted on FB about the improvement in sound quality being enough to make that possible), so it’s not that, and Gauss already did looping. He’s also called it his Cocoquantus-like app, so it’s not a CCQ replacement (I’d buy it like a shot, mind).

    Hmm. Maybe something to replace that Vestax Faderboard?

  • Yep. He mentioned (99% sure about this if my memory's right) a iOS new app he's working on on one of the last few Sonic Talk podcast episodes. Don't remember if he said anything more about it apart from that it's in the making though.

  • He also mentioned something from his uni days I believe!

  • Oh yeah! Hopefully something like this wissen thing the cool kids are all up to. Would love to play around with it without spending a fortune on the real woods ;)

  • Knew they had something in the oven!

  • Oooo this is excited news. Gauss is one of my all time favorites.

  • edited October 2022

    So.... any news? Purchased the other day the new Jogging House EP on Bandcamp and heard this coconut wooden Synth and wondered if anyone knows more about this mysterious collar release.

    But since he stated that he already could condense it by 4Kg and made the shot I think the substitute will not be on this shot. hmm what is 4KG? Another hint is that this app will be a good pair of OP1.

  • Also have no idea what this is but greatly looking forward to it

  • @Gavinski said:
    Also have no idea what this is but greatly looking forward to it

    He is really loving and using Reel to Reel, I quickly checked the NAGRA Tape thing he uses weights about that :D

  • @david_2017 said:

    @Gavinski said:
    Also have no idea what this is but greatly looking forward to it

    He is really loving and using Reel to Reel, I quickly checked the NAGRA Tape thing he uses weights about that :D

    Wouldn't that be too similar to Gauss? I personally hope it is an instrument!

  • edited October 2022

    oh yeah right, absolutely. forgot about that one... this was a collab between those two already.
    instrument.... hm one of the vintage stuff boxes he enjoys?
    But isn't this too much audiothing and do they not weigh about 50Kgs :) ?

  • From the Vestax Faderboard manual if the 4kg comment means much…

  • @Krupa said:

    From the Vestax Faderboard manual if the 4kg comment means much…

    So that’s two of us thinking of something to replace the Vestax, especially as it wasn’t in that photo. The 4kg in that spec confirms it as front runner (IMHO).

  • This is giving me ptsd type flashbacks to the something new coming from sugar bytes thread that preceeded the release of drum computer lol

  • Is this a mixer thing? If he uses it mostly and it’s now gone in this shot… I think this could be it. But will he attack AUM? :)

  • @bygjohn said:

    @Krupa said:

    From the Vestax Faderboard manual if the 4kg comment means much…

    So that’s two of us thinking of something to replace the Vestax, especially as it wasn’t in that photo. The 4kg in that spec confirms it as front runner (IMHO).

    Yeah it seems obvious, but maybe too obvious… it’ll save me a job making something similar in the drambo

  • Isn’t the big draw of the faderboard the fact it’s playable with the faders. Not sure how that would transfer to a touch screen. It’s something I’ve never found a comparison to in an app, being able to cut and chop with a fader.

    Unless it’s to be used with a midi controller ?

  • Yeah it’d be great if it came ready to rock with the Korg or novation ones, actually any and all would be best for widest appreciation…

  • @david_2017 said:
    Is this a mixer thing? If he uses it mostly and it’s now gone in this shot… I think this could be it. But will he attack AUM? :)

    More of a sampler you play with faders rather than keys, apparently aimed at DJs who were more used to working with faders. Hainbach has a video about it on his YT channel.

  • This could end up being a bit like noises if you can set a loop to a fader and fade in and out of various loops. Could be what @Svetlovska is looking for. If it is actually like the vestax thing after all.

  • @sevenape said:
    This could end up being a bit like noises if you can set a loop to a fader and fade in and out of various loops. Could be what @Svetlovska is looking for. If it is actually like the vestax thing after all.

    Yeah I thought that might be the answer they’re looking for

  • edited October 2022

    We just need midi controllers with decent faders. I’ve never found one like a DJ mixer. They are usually stiff and difficult to cut with. I’m sure they exist or maybe the design of midi data transmission doesn’t allow the fluidity we see in audio mixers?

  • Thanks. checked the video. for me the faderboard is extremely connected to the whole experience of using its faders and the whole hardware, tactile sensation. I am not sure if the iPad screen can come close to this. so, I don't think its a 1:1 copy of this machine.
    but I think still that you are right and it is the basis of this Faderboard with everything he is missing in this thing.

    Still, I am excited and curious what they come up with.

  • if its the vestax it will be great. digital Vestax is much more than just faders, when you start manipulating pitch, FX, throw in some lfos etc it gets into ambient / glitch/ granular territory pretty quickly.

    there is an ableton version someone made, that i absolutely love. i just throw in 4 of the same sample, have different start times, loop points, pitch etc, and its hours of fun.

    whatever it is, i will buy it yesterday. Gauss is hands down my all time favorite app.

  • @david_2017 said:
    Thanks. checked the video. for me the faderboard is extremely connected to the whole experience of using its faders and the whole hardware, tactile sensation. I am not sure if the iPad screen can come close to this. so, I don't think its a 1:1 copy of this machine.
    but I think still that you are right and it is the basis of this Faderboard with everything he is missing in this thing.

    Still, I am excited and curious what they come up with.

    Obviously they can’t reproduce the physical faders, but I’m thinking something like the controllers in Mononoke might work nicely, and with expression.

  • @shinyisshiny said:
    if its the vestax it will be great. digital Vestax is much more than just faders, when you start manipulating pitch, FX, throw in some lfos etc it gets into ambient / glitch/ granular territory pretty quickly.

    there is an ableton version someone made, that i absolutely love. i just throw in 4 of the same sample, have different start times, loop points, pitch etc, and its hours of fun.

    whatever it is, i will buy it yesterday. Gauss is hands down my all time favorite app.

    Agreed. I think there’s huge potential for an app like that. Gauss is a favorite of mine as well so I’ll buy it day one with a big dopey grin on my face.

  • There was a thread about that Hainbach's Faderboard video and Ben Richards actually recreated it in dRambo to some degree. Here’s a Patchstorage link
    https://patchstorage.com/audiobus-faderboard-v-05/

  • edited October 2022

    Hainbach posted an instagram of a rehearsal with his iPad in plain view.. unfortunately I can't zoom in very much... but the app doesn't look familiar to me:

    Looks like a couple of faders centre bottom, with two xy pads on either side? The blue bit could be a waveform?

    Here’s the video:
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjYIjvao0TR/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=e8677e92-bb5c-4974-a58d-26b83b2d9afa

  • Yes, that looks like the beta version of our new app indeed. Well spotted.

  • edited October 2022

    .

Sign In or Register to comment.