Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Hainbach and BramBos collab ?

Comments

• @brambos said:

@monz0id said:
    @brambos - love the app, but would it be possible to have a padlock lock/unlock button under the Pitch section?

At the moment I’m often accidentally ‘locking’ playheads together when moving them around - and it’s really hard unlocking them again. t’d also be nice to have ‘non-stick’ option, so we can move playheads over each other without them sticking together.

Just a couple of thoughts, but overall I’m really enjoying it.

If they get bunched up you can double-tap them, that may already help.

You can also triple-tap the pitch xy pad to access the hidden bounce mode, which will prevent balls from moving over each other :)

Ah great - thanks!

• Giveaway and a demo

I love this app. What a month! That, and a few of Unfiltered Audio's apps are on my top 10 apps of the year.
    Would appreciate a Dark mode in a future update..
    Thinking of making a bunch of patches to upload in the future in the Patches thread I saw opened.
    Also, ever felt like there were too many videos for an app you're interested in, but so little time to go through them?

• The shake randomisation is not working on my iPad 9th. gen, iOS 15.7.1
    Do I have to do anything to enable it? Anybody having the same problem?
    Otherwise I love this thing.

• @Pxlhg said:
    @brambos Should there not be an indication that the .scl file imported has succeeded to do so? Found a bunch online but not sure anything happens. Secondly, are there no "play in background/Ableton Link support"?

I can probably add a confirmation for the scala import. That makes sense.

As for background/link: I avoid investing too much time in standalone modes. It’s good for a bit of jamming or making presets, but when you want to run music apps together AUv3 is the way to go. Apple really wants us to adopt it, and standalone audio functionality is the first thing that usually breaks with iOS updates.

• @brambos said:

@Pxlhg said:
    @brambos Should there not be an indication that the .scl file imported has succeeded to do so? Found a bunch online but not sure anything happens. Secondly, are there no "play in background/Ableton Link support"?

I can probably add a confirmation for the scala import. That makes sense.

As for background/link: I avoid investing too much time in standalone modes. It’s good for a bit of jamming or making presets, but when you want to run music apps together AUv3 is the way to go. Apple really wants us to adopt it, and standalone audio functionality is the first thing that usually breaks with iOS updates.

Alright, good to know. Thank you! :)

• Killer instrument @brambos / @Hainbach !!🔥👏 Super organic, inspiring, fun. Any plan to make this compatible w/M1 Macs? Pleeeeeease :) 🙏

• standalone audio functionality is the first thing that usually breaks with iOS updates.

That is interesting. I would have thought that it was the other way around….. but again what do i know 🤷🏻

• edited December 2022

You all just hit #1 paid in the Music section of the US App Store. 👍

• I’m a bit confused about how to interpret the scale feature, in the pic below I’ve selected D Minor (I think) but the active (white) notes aren’t actually D Minor

I’m sure I’m just confused somehow....please enlighten me :D

• @drewinnit said:
    I’m a bit confused about how to interpret the scale feature, in the pic below I’ve selected D Minor (I think) but the active (white) notes aren’t actually D Minor

I’m sure I’m just confused somehow....please enlighten me :D

The notes are C minor. Seems like the white arrow should indicate the root, but maybe not...the manual is no help here.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr yeah I think I’m expecting it to display the actual d minor notes once I’ve used the arrow to select the key and the menu above to select the scale type (minor)...but perhaps it just shows the interval of the scale. Need to do some more fiddling to figure it out :)

• Brambos + Hainbach + Emily = that's just what I wanted for today :heart:

• The way this is packaged makes it very playable and fun to explore, with happy accidents built into the experience. I’ve typically used Spacecraft and iDensity for this kind of sound before, I think the interface of Fluss is a big advantage over those apps though they will still have their place in my toolbox. This feels like something I’d use standalone or to play over a beat, whereas the others (especially Spacecraft) I’d integrate into a composition

• @drewinnit said:
    The way this is packaged makes it very playable and fun to explore, with happy accidents built into the experience. I’ve typically used Spacecraft and iDensity for this kind of sound before, I think the interface of Fluss is a big advantage over those apps though they will still have their place in my toolbox. This feels like something I’d use standalone or to play over a beat, whereas the others (especially Spacecraft) I’d integrate into a composition

Interesting on the last point vs SC; can you elaborate a bit more why you’d use SC in a composition vs Russ?

• Congrats Hain and Bram on the new app!

Is the a certain finger technique to get slow modulations?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@hibjshop said:
    Congrats Hain and Bram on the new app!

Is the a certain finger technique to get slow modulations?

When you move the faders, pull back ever so slightly before you push forward and release, sounds fiddlier than it is, but works great.

Ok great thx for the tip.

• @brambos @Hainbach I would have to say that I think you nailed the Apple requirements for GUI design. I won't be surprised if there is more movement 🙃 in this direction in the future. 🙂 Nice job.

• This looks fun and all, but can’t Drambo already do all of this?!

;)

• The phase filter is awesome. Want more of it everywhere.

• filters would be lovely on gauss🤞

• @skiphunt said:
    This looks fun and all, but can’t Drambo already do all of this?!

;)

All granular sounds more or less the same to me--a cloud of smearedness. But these creative guys keep inventing such nice touch interfaces, and I keep buying one granular app after another. The automation on this one is such a clever invention. And the filter is very nice too.

• edited December 2022

Might be my favorite take on granular yet, which I'm not super into usually. I do wish there was a way to stop/start this with transport and that scan speeds could serve as clock dividers and synchronized to a master clock.

• @crifytosp said:
    filters would be lovely on gauss🤞

Oh yeah!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@skiphunt said:
    This looks fun and all, but can’t Drambo already do all of this?!

;)

All granular sounds more or less the same to me--a cloud of smearedness. But these creative guys keep inventing such nice touch interfaces, and I keep buying one granular app after another. The automation on this one is such a clever invention. And the filter is very nice too.

It was a little bit of a joke, ie. every new app that comes out someone says, "Drambo can do that!" Kinda like "Simpsons did it!"

;)

• edited December 2022

@auxmux said:
    Might be my favorite take on granular yet, which I'm not super into usually. I do wish there was a way to stop/start this with transport and that scan speeds could serve as clock dividers and synchronized to a master clock.

Yep really digging feeding samples in to this. Chase Bliss/Make Noise type happy accident generator but totally it’s own unique thing too & tons of expression/playability. Nice work @brambos / @Hainbach 👏

+1 on those suggestions. Not dealbreakers but would open up some flexibility/use cases.

& maybe can consider these -

Arrows for next/prev preset

Preset browser ‘lock’ button to keep it open while auditioning presets.

Some kind of ‘add to sample pool library option’ (or any other solution that = every preset made using the same long sample doesn’t duplicate sample/storage)

M1 mac compatibility (happy to pay more for this!)

• Would be cool if this went FULL universal and worked natively on silicon macs too.

Anyone know if that's coming any time soon?

• @childofthecorndog said:

@auxmux said:

Yep really digging feeding samples in to this. Chase Bliss/Make Noise type happy accident generator but totally it’s own unique thing too & tons of expression/playability. Nice work @brambos / @Hainbach 👏

+1 on those suggestions. Not dealbreakers but would open up some flexibility/use cases.

& maybe can consider these -

Arrows for next/prev preset

Preset browser ‘lock’ button to keep it open while auditioning presets.

Some kind of ‘add to sample pool library option’ (or any other solution that = every preset made using the same long sample doesn’t duplicate sample/storage)

M1 mac compatibility (happy to pay more for this!)

Yes, my wish list:
    Backwards / forwards for preset scrolling (every app should have this imo)

Lock scale functionality when using in processor mode (not a biggie as I think most people should use their ears to adjust things from scratch in processor mode, and maybe too much work?)

Batch import / export - absolutely essential imo

Record button exposed as a parameter

• @Gavinski said:

In a way this is already there. There is backup functionality for emergency case:
    In the Fluss folder you'll find a subfolder called "Backups". This is a one-way folder where the plugin backs up all user presets.

You can zip these files and open the zip file with Fluss (e.g. on another device) to restore all presets.

• @brambos said:

@Gavinski said:

In a way this is already there. There is backup functionality for emergency case:
    In the Fluss folder you'll find a subfolder called "Backups". This is a one-way folder where the plugin backs up all user presets.

You can zip these files and open the zip file with Fluss (e.g. on another device) to restore all presets.

Ah, good to know, thnx Bram