Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Small Things That Annoy You

1234568»

Comments

• @Gavinski annoys me 💀😂

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Gavinski annoys me 💀😂

🤣🤣🤣

-Several months without new choice content from @iOSTRAKON .

• @amethystswitch I bet the people who were putting you down just talk about gear all day instead of actually making any music. I see that on Reddit all the time and then half the videos are people making that really good gear sound like shit in the worst way possible with some succulent plant in the upper corner of the shot.

• @amethystswitch said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Stuck up musicians that look down their nose on others and see it fit to put down/insult other musicians because the other musicians have different workflows, musical tastes, etc. Luckily our forum doesn't often have that sort come around, but you can often find them scattered about at KVR, Dubstep Forum, Gearspace, etc. 🤣

(Half-joking.)

Oh yes THIS I have been put down in other music forums/groups because I ONLY have an iPad and 25 keys midi keyboard and some rare instruments, many mass produced in China
    these people said that one cannot make ´proper´ Musicwithn such an equipment if you don’t like my music or find it too unprofessional that’s fine then just leave it but nobody should be put down because of their equipment

Then they are missing the point.

• edited October 2022

People that simply can't accept that I have two last names. And somewhat related: online forms that disallow accented characters.

• Big things annoy me in a small ways.

• @iOSTRAKON 😉

This made me laugh.

I have one to add to the list. People beginning thread titles with “So I……”

• edited October 2022

Phone companies.

Forced by EE to change my contract or I'll automatically be placed on a totally uneccessary higher/more expensive one, I spent half an hour in the phone queue to change it before giving up and taking their advice to go online.

I then spent an hour online where I agreed a new contract, only to be told they couldn't put it through and I'd have to go through the whole process again on the phone. I told them 'right, I want to cancel my contract'. Told that also has to be done via phone. Asked if they could email a copy of the deal, told that despite being one of the larget telecommunications companies on the planet, they 'don't have email'.

Called their phoneline again, and told there is a '40+ minute wait', and I should submit my request online.

Took mobile phone outside and flattened it with one immense blow from a nearby hammer. *

(I didn't do this bit.) *

• edited October 2022

Bad Design !
    I bought two tubes of Loctite that were absolutely sh*te because it was not possible to get the cap on them. This is what I wrote to them:

Hello Loctite Support,

I am have bought a pack of two Loctite Super Glue Power Gel tubes and I do have to say that who ever designed these had no understanding about basic mechanics and creating a usable product (see attached picture).

It is basically not possible to follow step 2 of the instructions: Screw down cap/nozzle onto the tube to puncture the seal. The seal seems to be made of armored steel that can only be penetrated with anti tank weapons, and the thread in the nozzle is so short, that it does not get any hold of the thread on the tube without an assault on the seal. As a result it is not possible to attach the nozzle to the tube without twisting the tube to a degree that the tube will very likely rupture instead of the seal and the world will be drenched in superglue.

• abfabf
    edited October 2022

@RetroNewb said:

@purpan2 said:

Ah, but maybe taking the husband’s surname is only for practical reasons, to replace a dreadful original surname. If you were called Jane Shithouse, for example, and married Joe Paradise, I can see that you’d want to adopt the new name, but not necessarily flag the married status. So, Ms Jane Paradise would make perfect sense.

I enjoyed your response, but logically she could have changed her surname legally without needing to marry anyone…or explained it was pronounced Shi- thouse (shai -thau-see) .

I should have explained this is newish trope the UK higher brow media are using in their reporting -
    so the married woman herself may be entirely happy with “Mrs” but the media are using Ms.
    e.g Ms ( Hillary) Clinton , Ms (Melania) Trump

I can't understand why this would be annoying. Mr. doesn't indicate whether a man is married or not, why should women be addressed by marital status? Surely it is easier to say or to write Ms. than to have to be aware of a woman's history before addressing her?

If her first name is used, as in Hillary Clinton, she can't be addressed as Mrs. Hillary Clinton because she isn't married to Hillary, she would be addressed as Mrs. Bill Clinton. What if Bill has had several wives? Why should Hillary be called Mrs. Bill? After divorce many women still keep their ex-husband's name for the sake of their children, but now she's Miss again, even though she has children?

It's stupid. I'm all for getting rid of the titles Mr., Mrs., and Miss altogether. Still, I think Miss and Mrs. are disappearing for good, replaced by Ms., and why not?

• @wim said:

@SNystrom said:
    Oh, so another small annoyance: people who repeatedly say “anyways” when the word is actually anyway

There is no “s” at the end, okay?

So it’s a “z” then?

Just use “anyhoo”… it solves the problem.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JMmusic said:

@NeuM said:

@wim said:

@SNystrom said:
    Oh, so another small annoyance: people who repeatedly say “anyways” when the word is actually anyway

There is no “s” at the end, okay?

So it’s a “z” then?

Just use “anyhoo”… it solves the problem.

Just America probably...but there is no "s" on the end of grocery store names either :)
    It's not Krogers or Meijers or Walmarts

Unless one goes to many Walmarts to find that out of stock item...

• @Grandbear said:
    People that simply can't accept that I have two last names. And somewhat related: online forms that disallow accented characters.

My wife has an apostrophe in her last name. It's not an uncommon name, but it can stop credit card transactions from going through and causes all kinds of trouble. Many sites can't deal with an apostophe, including some U.S. government sites.

• @monz0id said:
    Phone companies.

Forced by EE to change my contract or I'll automatically be placed on a totally uneccessary higher/more expensive one, I spent half an hour in the phone queue to change it before giving up and taking their advice to go online.

I then spent an hour online where I agreed a new contract, only to be told they couldn't put it through and I'd have to go through the whole process again on the phone. I told them 'right, I want to cancel my contract'. Told that also has to be done via phone. Asked if they could email a copy of the deal, told that despite being one of the larget telecommunications companies on the planet, they 'don't have email'.

Called their phoneline again, and told there is a '40+ minute wait', and I should submit my request online.

Took mobile phone outside and flattened it with one immense blow from a nearby hammer. *

I'm not sure if this is UK specific, but definitely typical. We have left the country more than four years ago - and I still haven't managed to cancel my Metro Bank account. 🤷 And not for lack of trying.

It doesn't cost me any money, I have easy access to online and mobile banking which I don't need or use, and everything is great - except cancelling my account which is apparently impossible to do from abroad. 🙂👍

• small things doesn't annoy me .. cause they are .. you know.. small things .. irrelevant :)

• Walking behind a person going into a store and they meet their best friend at the entrance and the two of them block the entrance for everybody trying to get in or out for five minutes…

• edited October 2022

@ervin said:

@monz0id said:
    Phone companies.

I'm not sure if this is UK specific, but definitely typical. We have left the country more than four years ago - and I still haven't managed to cancel my Metro Bank account. 🤷 And not for lack of trying.

It doesn't cost me any money, I have easy access to online and mobile banking which I don't need or use, and everything is great - except cancelling my account which is apparently impossible to do from abroad. 🙂👍

I don’t think this is UK specific - a lot of companies hide support behind a wall of call centres and unskilled chat links.

Same as you, I can’t cancel an unused financial account - the US based company link to ‘delete account’ says I can’t, I have to use their contact form (doesn’t exist), chat bot (closed), or phone them in the States at premium rate cost.

• @abf said:

@Grandbear said:

My wife has an apostrophe in her last name. It's not an uncommon name, but it can stop credit card transactions from going through and causes all kinds of trouble. Many sites can't deal with an apostophe, including some U.S. government sites.

That's just silly; I can understand, if not justify, not accepting accented characters because old data storage systems didn't support them, but that's not the case with apostrophes. It's probably a misguided attempt at security.

I'm honestly more annoyed by people not making an effort at pronouncing or writing our names correctly, but that's more of a "big thing" in my book so it doesn't really fit the original question ;)

• I’m petty, but it drives me crazy when people refuse to post the music they make in the right place on these forums. We have a whole sub forum here dedicated to letting people share their creations, use it like the rest of us do.

• @musikeer said:
    Crows

Everything this guy wrtes is good and this is towards the top of it.

• Villa hiring Gerrard to wreck the team for months. Hiring Emery makes up for it quite a lot though.

• Using the word fire as a modifier.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Villa hiring Gerrard to wreck the team for months. Hiring Emery makes up for it quite a lot though.

They should have let Aaron Danks get a run - what an amazing turnaround in one game. He must be the most successful caretaker manager in world history. Doubtless the deal for Emery had been done already.

• Autocorrect and it’s refusal to learn that one word……