Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Small Things That Annoy You

Comments

• edited September 2022

@michael_m said:
    As it came up in the thread about the Rings of Power - movies with actors that are absolutely clueless about the accents they are trying to stumble through.

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

Trying to subconsciously monitor when my wife is talking to me when she also ...

• Asks herself questions
    • Answers herself
    • Prays out loud
    • Talks to the cats
    • Swears at her iPad
    • Sends texts using Siri
    • Listens to audio books
    • Comments on the dialog in said audiobooks

Then, when I do tune in mid-stream, having missed the subject, and having to ask her to rewind so I can figure out what the heck she's talking about. :D

Oh ... and having to pull the earbuds out (constantly worn so I can concentrate because of the above) and pause anything I'm listening to, in order to tune-in.

I love my wife dearly though. B)

• Emperor’s New Clothes posts.

• @AudioGus said:

@michael_m said:
    As it came up in the thread about the Rings of Power - movies with actors that are absolutely clueless about the accents they are trying to stumble through.

I was living in the UK when this was released, and went to see it. When he came out with the line: “Those bloody wolves!” The place erupted in laughter - it’s still hilarious hearing how bad he is in that movie. :lol:

• @juliasmith said:
    The utility bills are pretty annoying these days

That's not a small annoyance. 😬

• When folks post their reply above the quoted reply-target. Like I'm doing here: YAAAAAAS! Give me horizontal knob control or give me death.

@wim said:
    iOS apps with only rotary knob movement.

Also, when someone writes 10 paragraphs and then adds a succinct summary at the end prefixed with tl;dr. Do they think that stands for Too Long; DID Read?

• Every web site I visit, to stop most cookie I have to dive in a menu.

They give a button to accept cookies but you must dive in a menu to reject them.

Give me a reject cookie button next to the accept button.

🍪👹

• edited September 2022

Software (or anything) that doesn't keep a consistent way of asking things.

Example: Close a document and get asked "Would you like to save this document before closing?", and if you close from someplace else in the same program, you get "Would you like to close the document without saving?"
    One you click 'yes' to save the document, and the other you click 'no' to save it.

• edited September 2022

Other people :#

• Double posts.

• Double posts. 😬

• @wim said:
    Double posts. 😬

or quoting myself instead of clicking the edit button.....

• @Will said:
    When folks post their reply above the quoted reply-target. Like I'm doing here: YAAAAAAS! Give me horizontal knob control or give me death.

@wim said:

Also, when someone writes 10 paragraphs and then adds a succinct summary at the end prefixed with tl;dr. Do they think that stands for Too Long; DID Read?

@Will said:
    When folks post their reply above the quoted reply-target. Like I'm doing here: YAAAAAAS! Give me horizontal knob control or give me death.

@wim said:

This one is on the money 😂

• @craftycurate said:
    When people ...

... chew gum in public with their mouth wide open, like a cow chewing grass

... scuff their feet when they walk

... click pens repeatedly in a meeting

... say "pacifically" for "specifically" or "visa versa" instead of "vice versa"

Apart from that I have a happy, trouble-free life.

I'm wondering mate, do you possibly have misophonia?

• edited September 2022

@wim said:
    Double posts. 😬

Oops! How did that happen?

• @wim said:
    Double posts. 😬

Oops! How did that happen? 😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@craftycurate said:
    When people ...

... chew gum in public with their mouth wide open, like a cow chewing grass

... scuff their feet when they walk

... click pens repeatedly in a meeting

... say "pacifically" for "specifically" or "visa versa" instead of "vice versa"

Apart from that I have a happy, trouble-free life.

I'm wondering mate, do you possibly have misophonia?

Busted! 😬 Yes I do … it seems to be connected with my ADHD, like my neural circuits have heightened sensitivity to certain things. But hey, it can be a superpower sometimes as well 👍

• Reserve prices in eBay auctions.

• @robosardine said:
    Reserve prices in eBay auctions.

It’s not the reserved price itself that annoys me , but those sellers who then set the starting bid price LOWER !
    What’s the point ?

• edited September 2022

also …literally .. .insects ..inside my home ; they have all of outside already

• @michael_m said:

They should emulate Sean Connery and just use a Scottish accent for every part. That would be awesome.

• @wim said:
    Trying to subconsciously monitor when my wife is talking to me when she also ...

• Asks herself questions
    • Answers herself
    • Prays
    • Talks to the cats
    • Swears at her iPad
    • Sends texts using Siri
    • Listens to audio books
    • Comments on the dialog in said audiobooks

Then, when I do tune in mid-stream, having missed the subject, and having to ask her to rewind so I can figure out what the heck she's talking about. :D

Oh ... and having to pull the earbuds out (constantly worn so I can concentrate because of the above) out and pause anything I'm listening to, in order to tune-in.

I love my wife dearly though. B)

“You never listen to me!”

“Sorry, I did not realize that when you were squealing ‘ooooojie wooojie wooojie’ into the dog’s ear that you were actually addressing me.”

• The express window feature for the car.
    You have to be a surgeon if you simply want to crack the window open.

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

Does the emergence of the word "Explainer" bug anyone else as much as it does me?
    I mean ... I just read an "Explainer" on Aljazeera for Allah's sake. :s

• ok , maybe on shaky ground in these PC times , but …

using Ms as a title for married women … when they still use the husband’s surname ?
    it’s illogical - they only have that surname because they married- therefore they are Mrs .

use Ms + maiden name , fine , no problem , move along , logic crisis averted .

• edited September 2022
    1. When you are first to respond to a bargain ad on FB marketplace only to find somebody else offering more for it and snatching it away from you.

I actually successfully did it on a £5 acoustic guitar. I offered £50 and ended up with 2 guitars and a delivery to my door. Bizarre.

I still don’t like the concept though.

1. When some old lady dies and I’m forced to stay away for 10 full days from news outlets in favour of podcasts (not a bad thing actually)
  • @RetroNewb said:
    ok , maybe on shaky ground in these PC times , but …

using Ms as a title for married women … when they still use the husband’s surname ?
    it’s illogical - they only have that surname because they married- therefore they are Mrs .

use Ms + maiden name , fine , no problem , move along , logic crisis averted .

Ah, but maybe taking the husband’s surname is only for practical reasons, to replace a dreadful original surname. If you were called Jane Shithouse, for example, and married Joe Paradise, I can see that you’d want to adopt the new name, but not necessarily flag the married status. So, Ms Jane Paradise would make perfect sense.

• @purpan2 said:

Ah, but maybe taking the husband’s surname is only for practical reasons, to replace a dreadful original surname. If you were called Jane Shithouse, for example, and married Joe Paradise, I can see that you’d want to adopt the new name, but not necessarily flag the married status. So, Ms Jane Paradise would make perfect sense.

I enjoyed your response, but logically she could have changed her surname legally without needing to marry anyone…or explained it was pronounced Shi- thouse (shai -thau-see) .

I should have explained this is newish trope the UK higher brow media are using in their reporting -
    so the married woman herself may be entirely happy with “Mrs” but the media are using Ms.
    e.g Ms ( Hillary) Clinton , Ms (Melania) Trump

• edited September 2022

The lack of a headphone socket on my iPad, as this means I have to use the Apple USBC dongle for an audio line out (since the latest iOS update has broken my IDAM connection), but the flimsy piece of shite they provide keeps disconnecting (even though it doesn't do this when headphones are connected).

It's almost as if Apple don't want me to record live audio out of their iPads. They win - I give up.