Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Small Things That Annoy You

Comments

• edited September 2022

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@michael_m said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@supadom said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Speaking of shite driving, ever stop at a four-way stop sign intersection, and you think the chap on the other side of the road is going straight, and you start to move forward when the wanker makes a turn right in front of you without signalling, almost taking your front bumper with him?

My brain hurt trying to visualise this until I realised that wer’e mirror image here in the uk.

Lol! 🤣 Or "left in front of you". I'd rather roundabouts than stop signs.

When I used to live in Egypt decades ago, the norm for dealing with a four-way intersection was to flash your lights, honk your horn, and floor the gas pedal, speeding through the intersection and hoping not to crash.

😳 Yikes!

Sounds like where I live. My last car was totaled by a guy who thought he could get through the intersection I was passing through (no stop sign on my side) by running his stop sign.

🤦 Hopefully you got a hefty insurance payout mate. That guy was an idiot.

I actually benefited from the fact that used car prices have been elevated, so the value of my car was more than I thought. Still, I’d rather have not gone through the process as it was painfully slow and I’m still fighting his insurance company for some expenses.

• @Gavinski said:
    Living in China, and having been here for years, I get a little bit annoyed when someone comments 'Oh, you know how to use chopsticks, wow', even when I've told them I've been here 10+ years. Or when I speak to someone in Chinese and they then ask me, 'Can you speak Chinese?' 😂

But mostly it's the way people drive here. The more expensive the car, the less respect the driver has for pedestrians or cyclists, in general. And oh, this is a big one not a small one - the continuation of zero covid policy - which means I'm currently on 'soft lockdown' (allowed to go out for 2 hours a day, if you've had a negative covid test within 24 hours, curfew after 6pm) 😰

The constant honking on the roads there is also pretty bonkers when you're not used to it.
    I hope you'll be able to get out a bit to celebrate mid-autumn festival coming up very soon. Man, I love Mooncake!! Got my boxes of Mooncakes ready here! 😛👌

• edited September 2022

I have one more, playing guitar with a headphone annoys me a lot.

Always the headphone and guitar cables are going everywhere, and they get twisted. Headphone cable get stuck on the strap lock sometimes, and then the headphone is getting pulled of my head. Or the cable touches the fretboard. I don't have a good solution yet. The Beyerdynamic headphone cable is curled, makes it even more complex.

Other thing is that people in the house keep talking to me while I am busy, and I need to take off the headphone all the time. Makes me really crazy.

• @raabje said:

Always the headphone and guitar cables are going everywhere, and they get twisted. Headphone cable get stuck on the strap lock sometimes, and then the headphone is getting pulled of my head. Or the cable touches the fretboard. I don't have a good solution yet. The Beyerdynamic headphone cable is curled, makes it even more complex.

Other thing is that people in the house keep talking to me while I am busy, and I need to take off the headphone all the time. Makes me really crazy.

I like to run my headphone cable up under the guitar strap on one side and wrap it around the strap with some slack and then run my guitar cable under and looped around my strap on the other side to plug in. Not perfect but much less stomping on a cable and jerking the cable out or yanking my headphones off my head. I know your pain though

• edited September 2022

@raabje said:

I just got a new Beyerdynamic pair and was quite pleased to see they changed this specific model to no longer use old curly.

• edited September 2022

@Fingolfinzz, yes I should try that too, to separate the two cables and keep it out of the way. Would be nice if there is a wireless headphone that works with ultra fast transmission, like a wireless system for the guitar. Maybe using such a system for the guitar solves a part of the problem

@AudioGus, straight one is much better, the curly one (for my DT250) is heavy too, sometimes my audio interface (Apogee Jam) or music player slides or drops from the table.

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

When you forget you have wired earbuds in and then jump up to answer the door or something.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Gavinski said:
    Living in China, and having been here for years, I get a little bit annoyed when someone comments 'Oh, you know how to use chopsticks, wow', even when I've told them I've been here 10+ years. Or when I speak to someone in Chinese and they then ask me, 'Can you speak Chinese?' 😂

But mostly it's the way people drive here. The more expensive the car, the less respect the driver has for pedestrians or cyclists, in general. And oh, this is a big one not a small one - the continuation of zero covid policy - which means I'm currently on 'soft lockdown' (allowed to go out for 2 hours a day, if you've had a negative covid test within 24 hours, curfew after 6pm) 😰

The constant honking on the roads there is also pretty bonkers when you're not used to it.
    I hope you'll be able to get out a bit to celebrate mid-autumn festival coming up very soon. Man, I love Mooncake!! Got my boxes of Mooncakes ready here! 😛👌

Mid-Autumn festival is very definitely on hold. Not only has our lockdown been extended, but we're now only allowed to leave our compounds every other day, as opposed to being able to leave once a day, which was the policy until today. The lockdown keeps getting extended. The rules keep getting harsher. It's the boil the lobster in the pot slowly technique. I'm done with China. The sooner I can escape the better. This was a great place to live 10, even 5 years ago. And though they fucked up the initial response to the virus very badly, they did a great job after that. But now, it's time to let go. Zero covid is an unattaiable goal. Destroying small businesses, and even large ones, left and right. Omicron is too contagious but it's not very dangerous. It will become pandemic. The government says they will pursue this policy until 2025. But what's going to change? As soon as they open the borders, they'll have an influx of covid cases. It's all about the Party trying to a) deny its guilt in the initial spread, which was hugely related to local authorities not wanting to look bad in Xi's eyes b) continue to have lower cases than other countries c) maintain the illusion that the party is in control. d) most moon cakes suck - if you get a tasty one, you got very lucky 😂

I say all this as someone who - mostly - loves China and Chinese people. I've been here a long time, speak the language, have many Chinese friends. But enough is enough. I genuinely fear our city will go through a lockdown similar to the 2-month lockdown in shanghai, which caused a lot of starvation and a huge amount of mental health issues. And hey if the shit really did hit the fan, I couldn't even start a gofundme, cos China is not on their list 😂

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:
    People who get offended on behalf of others and largely base their own opinions on other peoples opinions...
    ...and well, the whole 'Political Correctness Culture'. Sometimes it feels it would be better and more peaceful to be removed from the 'Gene Pool' or something?! :sunglasses:

Your Samu privilege annoys me.

On your behalf or the rest of us?

• Small things? Bacteria!! They make my dinner go off!

• @supadom said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:
    People who get offended on behalf of others and largely base their own opinions on other peoples opinions...
    ...and well, the whole 'Political Correctness Culture'. Sometimes it feels it would be better and more peaceful to be removed from the 'Gene Pool' or something?! :sunglasses:

I can only speak my truth. Feel safe to speak yours though.

• @Gavinski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Gavinski said:

Mid-Autumn festival is very definitely on hold. Not only has our lockdown been extended, but we're now only allowed to leave our compounds every other day, as opposed to being able to leave once a day, which was the policy until today. The lockdown keeps getting extended. The rules keep getting harsher. It's the boil the lobster in the pot slowly technique. I'm done with China. The sooner I can escape the better. This was a great place to live 10, even 5 years ago. And though they fucked up the initial response to the virus very badly, they did a great job after that. But now, it's time to let go. Zero covid is an unattaiable goal. Destroying small businesses, and even large ones, left and right. Omicron is too contagious but it's not very dangerous. It will become pandemic. The government says they will pursue this policy until 2025. But what's going to change? As soon as they open the borders, they'll have an influx of covid cases. It's all about the Party trying to a) deny its guilt in the initial spread, which was hugely related to local authorities not wanting to look bad in Xi's eyes b) continue to have lower cases than other countries c) maintain the illusion that the party is in control. d) most moon cakes suck - if you get a tasty one, you got very lucky 😂

I say all this as someone who - mostly - loves China and Chinese people. I've been here a long time, speak the language, have many Chinese friends. But enough is enough. I genuinely fear our city will go through a lockdown similar to the 2-month lockdown in shanghai, which caused a lot of starvation and a huge amount of mental health issues. And hey if the shit really did hit the fan, I couldn't even start a gofundme, cos China is not on their list 😂

Heh. I've introduced people here to Mooncake and they either love it or hate it.
    Pity about the situation there, and I am sorry to hear of your struggles. Yes as an interested microbiologist (not a virologist but there is plenty of crossover) I have been following and researching everything covid and the global responses to it. The Shanghai situation was just awful. After much research and personal experience, I have thoughts, which I will share further with you in response to your comments via DM here for want of not taking the thread down an off-topic and controversial rabbit hole... 😉

• edited September 2022

That person at airport security who thought the security guy was telling everyone else to take off their belt, not them. F that person and make 'em go to the back of the line so they'll learn.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Gavinski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Gavinski said:

Heh. I've introduced people here to Mooncake and they either love it or hate it.
    Pity about the situation there, and I am sorry to hear of your struggles. Yes as an interested microbiologist (not a virologist but there is plenty of crossover) I have been following and researching everything covid and the global responses to it. The Shanghai situation was just awful. After much research and personal experience, I have thoughts, which I will share further with you in response to your comments via DM here for want of not taking the thread down an off-topic and controversial rabbit hole... 😉

I will welcome that dm!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Also in the car, people not using headlights in the rain, which is technically against the law, at least in my state.

I don’t think it’s that many. I drive in NC and SC - I need them on in SC, but there’s no law that says I need to do it in NC.

• …> @Poppadocrock said:

One of my biggest pet peeve’s is when people do not use their blinker for changing lanes or making turns while driving. So much so that I’ve come to think it might be a somewhat accurate test of one’s character. Lol. Reason being it does almost nothing for you as the driver, makes it a bit safer, but it lets everyone around you know your intentions on the road. In a nutshell it shows your consideration for others, and All you have to do is flick a switch, or turn a knob, yet everytime I'm on the road I see it multiple times.

Ever see the movie “Shoot ‘Em Up”? The main character (Clive Owens) has this same pet peeve.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465602/

• @Gavinski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Gavinski said:

I used to occasionally travel to various cities in China on business with small groups of other people (this was some time ago) and found the Chinese people completely lovely individually. I especially liked Shanghai for its modern attitude, and I even learned a little Shanghainese, which I used on the cab drivers there (they loved that).

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

I got really tired of feeling big, fat and ugly when I worked in Taiwan. No one there made me feel that way but in comparison I just was. 😂

• Apple product events full of filler that take forever to get to the details I need to know (such as what the battery life of a new iPhone is, etc).

• @michael_m said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Also in the car, people not using headlights in the rain, which is technically against the law, at least in my state.

I don’t think it’s that many. I drive in NC and SC - I need them on in SC, but there’s no law that says I need to do it in NC.

I promise I don’t have road rage, lol.

• Biwig that create a new version of himself on your HD each time you want to update. Be carefull if you don't want 47 times Bitwig on your computer.

• Ableton live requiring 3 gigs on C drive even when I want to install it on D and not having got around to upgrading my C drive but would I really even use Live much anyway? etc

• A bit of a counterpoint from a random European to the Americans dissing other Americans driving: I find driving in the US a really easy and clean experience. It is decidedly slow for my taste and I was a bit astounded by those "Speed limit enforced by aircraft" signs showing a dive bomber (WTF), but the politeness, the attention to pedestrians etc. is remarkable to someone who's ever driven in, say, Turkey, or even Italy. 🙂 Your giant roads and lots of space help, too.

I may just be lucky considering where in the US I have been driving so far (never been to the Carolinas, for instance), but I keep using the US as an example of a place where it is a lot easier to drive around than in most of Europe.

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Gavinski said:

I used to occasionally travel to various cities in China on business with small groups of other people (this was some time ago) and found the Chinese people completely lovely individually. I especially liked Shanghai for its modern attitude, and I even learned a little Shanghainese, which I used on the cab drivers there (they loved that).

Yeah, Chinese people are mostly very very friendly and curious about foreigners. If you're black it's a different story altogether though, sadly.

• @wim said:
    I got really tired of feeling big, fat and ugly when I worked in Taiwan. No one there made me feel that way but in comparison I just was. 😂

Haha, I know what you mean. Luckily I'm not tall and not overweight. In that respect I feel quite at home here, and am definitely a fan of the petite women 🤤

• @AudioGus said:

@supadom said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

This was a joke on Samu’s people being offended on behalf of others. Sorry if too cryptic.

• @supadom said:

@AudioGus said:

@supadom said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

This was a joke on Samu’s people being offended on behalf of others. Sorry if too cryptic.

I too was just greasing the goose.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@michael_m said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I promise I don’t have road rage, lol.

Me neither. There’s already enough people where I live who do…