Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Small Things That Annoy You

Comments

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Threads like these. :trollface:

(I'm joking. Lol.)

What's not a joke are shite drivers. You either have some old billy no mates going 25 in a 55 zone, or you have some entitled twat riding your arse. Don't people know how to drive the speed limit anymore? 😤

George Carlin felt your pain:

• @SNystrom said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

(I'm joking. Lol.)

What's not a joke are shite drivers. You either have some old billy no mates going 25 in a 55 zone, or you have some entitled twat riding your arse. Don't people know how to drive the speed limit anymore? 😤

LOL! Right?! George Carlin was a great comedian, and he just told it like it is.

• Small things that annoy me? Children.

• edited September 2022

• Pennies (and really cash in general), but pennies should have been phased out decades ago.

Leaf blowers.

Car alarms.

• Non-vintage Champagne.

• Carp. The way they look at you with their fishy eyes, as if to say, « Let’s see how long YOU can hold your breath underwater then. »

• @Lady_App_titude said:

Car alarms.

Car alarm I heard in my lifetime: 15,762
    Time I call the police: 0
    Car stolen : 0 / 15,762

• When people say "wait for it".

Just say it dude.

• edited September 2022

@Svetlovska said:
    Small things that annoy me? Children.

Haha, yeah, especially my own, except they are no longer little, at least in size. Maturity… well it is still “little” for our younger two.

My smaller joints, primarily fingers and wrists, annoy me. Every single one is sounding an alarm in one way or another. On bad days they all gang up together and it is worse than annoying.

Itches. I mean really, wtf is it with itches that are always in stupid places? Lie down and get comfortable for bed and invariably an ankle gets itchy, or even worse a place in my back that requires getting up again to scratch. Also my nose under my CPAP mask. Why the sudden itch even when no mustache hair is poking into it?

Toenails. Damn I hate it when all of a sudden one of my big toes decides to tell me it’s nail is digging in. Usually it is right after an itch is scratched and I am settled back in to go to sleep.

Showers. I used to love taking a shower, but these days with joint problems it hurts, especially to bend down to wash my calves and feet. So now that I work from home most days I take fewer showers per week - no more once per day. It helps conserve water, too.

Gas-powered trimmers and leaf blowers at 7 AM on Saturday. Sure I am up, but everyone here has a “gardener’’ (landscape service) except us and the retired guy next door who loves to make his yard perfect by himself. The “chorus” starts at 7 AM and I like a quite weekend.

• Wildfire smoke making it so I can’t open my windows and get some fresh air in the house.

• The two weird extra long teen wolf hairs that sometimes grow on the side of my ear lobe that if I don't notice and pluck them right away flare the skin up to the point where I need to take a couple days off from wearing headphones but eh it is a beautiful day so may as well go buy a government approved spliff and take a walk in the park instead of sitting at home mixing.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Car alarms.

Car alarm I heard in my lifetime: 15,762
    Time I call the police: 0
    Car stolen : 0 / 15,762

The only thing car alarms prevent is a good night's sleep.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Small things that annoy me? Children.

I had the most adorable kids hanging around today because they love my dog and we were just chilling around our compound and wanted to play with him. Do I want my own kids? Hell no, too much responsibility. And what happens if you don’t like each other? But I can definitely handle once in a while contact with nice ones.

• @SNystrom said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

(I'm joking. Lol.)

I remember that joke, and would have sworn it was a Gallagher joke.

• I drove for almost 25 years in 3 different countries, and never had an accident until I moved to the Carolinas.

Since moving here I see moronic, dangerous driving almost every day, and have been rear-ended, sideswiped, or driven into while stationary in a gas station on average about once every 2 years.

So specifically for me, drivers in the south east of the US. For comparison, I used to think that Massholes (drivers from Massachusetts, notoriously bad drivers in the north east) were terrible drivers, but they’re positive role models on the road compared to people here.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I'm off topic again, sorry, but I like sharing with you friends.

>

In the province of Quebec, all products in grocery store seems to be sold in a group or 2 or more. Can I just buy 1 box of cookies?

2 for $4
    3 for $6,49
    4 for $ 9,25

Some product are 2 for $4 or $2 each and some product are like 2 for 4$ or $3 each so you have to investiguate each time. "In my time", we bought things in group of 1.

What's next? 3 iPad for $1694?

Or at the restaurant. I ordered a meal with a salad that I saw on the menu for $10. The person at the cashier ask me:"Would you prefer a coffee or a soda with your order"? I asked for a coffee and my bill was $10 + $3 for the coffee. I felt stupid for thinking that it was like a trio or something with beverage included in the price.

Or last time I took a cab, it was $14,65, I gave a $20 bill, waiting for my money back to give the driver a tip and he told me:"Oh, thanks for the generous tips, have a great day".

Reflecting on that, I really don't like when people are trying to angle shooting me I think :)

In marketing speak that's called "upselling". Offer customers an increasing number of items at incremental prices. Many times if you do a quick calculation in your head you'll realize there's no real benefit to buying more if you don't need more, but many purchases are impulse-driven, not logic driven.

• edited September 2022

@NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    I'm off topic again, sorry, but I like sharing with you friends.

>

In the province of Quebec, all products in grocery store seems to be sold in a group or 2 or more. Can I just buy 1 box of cookies?

2 for $4
    3 for $6,49
    4 for $ 9,25

Some product are 2 for $4 or $2 each and some product are like 2 for 4$ or $3 each so you have to investiguate each time. "In my time", we bought things in group of 1.

What's next? 3 iPad for $1694?

Or at the restaurant. I ordered a meal with a salad that I saw on the menu for $10. The person at the cashier ask me:"Would you prefer a coffee or a soda with your order"? I asked for a coffee and my bill was $10 + $3 for the coffee. I felt stupid for thinking that it was like a trio or something with beverage included in the price.

Or last time I took a cab, it was $14,65, I gave a $20 bill, waiting for my money back to give the driver a tip and he told me:"Oh, thanks for the generous tips, have a great day".

Reflecting on that, I really don't like when people are trying to angle shooting me I think :)

In marketing speak that's called "upselling". Offer customers an increasing number of items at incremental prices. Many times if you do a quick calculation in your head you'll realize there's no real benefit to buying more if you don't need more, but many purchases are impulse-driven, not logic driven.

Energy is precious. Your brain always wants to preserve it to survive and in case of emergency. If you do 100% of what you should do when you go to the grocery store, you will be exhausted.

• Checking all the prices of the item you buy.
    • Checking if the unit price of the item is higher or not when you see 3 for $9 to be sure it's not $5 each or 3 for $9 (sometimes it's $3 each anyways but to sell more they state 3 for $9.
    • Checking if the product is the same as usual (you don't want to buy an unsalty version or unsweatened version of the product you usually buy).
    • Checking the best before date of the product
    • Checking the quantity. Sometimes, they don't raise the price of the product, but they give you 400 grams instead of 500 grams. My Whippets cost the same, but they are now smallers.

Etc.

Not sure if Whippet are in the USA, but here is a picture of these delicious cookies.

• It seems like more and more people are driving like crazy lately. Why is everybody so F####d-up? Is the end of the world near?
    Are they disconnected with their inner peace?
    On the other hand, i see also lots of friendly people, maybe because i'm very friendly, polite and respectful lately.

• There’s nothing that doesn’t annoy me at the moment, I think I’m getting old ☹️

• @Identor said:
    It seems like more and more people are driving like crazy lately. Why is everybody so F####d-up? Is the end of the world near?
    Are they disconnected with their inner peace?
    On the other hand, i see also lots of friendly people, maybe because i'm very friendly, polite and respectful lately.

Overall, I'm a happy person, very calm, very zen. But the last time I almost got hit by a driver on his phone (I was walking), I got very angry. I guess that the fear of dying can makes you very angry.

I have a feeling that smartphones reduces the concentration of people in general so when it's mandatory to be very focus for more than 30 sec (like when you drive a 2 tons weapon on the street), people want to do it as quick as possible.

• edited September 2022

Shitty drivers, people talking with food in their mouth, petty arguments, people not minding their own business, drunk people especially if I’m not drunk, lack of awareness/oblivious people. And most importantly, Cubs fans.

• @GrimLucky said:
    There’s nothing that doesn’t annoy me at the moment, I think I’m getting old ☹️

You wait until you hear yourself shouting “Get off my lawn!”, then it will really hit you.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Speaking of shite driving, ever stop at a four-way stop sign intersection, and you think the chap on the other side of the road is going straight, and you start to move forward when the wanker makes a turn right in front of you without signalling, almost taking your front bumper with him?

My brain hurt trying to visualise this until I realised that wer’e mirror image here in the uk.

• edited September 2022

@cuscolima said:
    Mondays

Tuesday is my day off, to recover from Monday. Works a treat.

• I love the look of launchpads but then after a few days I sell them on, only to buy another one a few months later only to sell it on and on and on….etc

• @michael_m said:

@GrimLucky said:
    There’s nothing that doesn’t annoy me at the moment, I think I’m getting old ☹️

You wait until you hear yourself shouting “Get off my lawn!”, then it will really hit you.

Well, I have started eating dinner at 4pm each day 😁

• edited September 2022

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Shitty drivers, people talking with food in their mouth, petty arguments, people not minding their own business, drunk people especially if I’m not drunk, lack of awareness/oblivious people. And most importantly, Cubs fans.

Hahaha!! 🤣🤣🤣 Are you from Wisconsin? I'm a Brewers fan.

I can't stand people who talk with food in their mouth either mate. 🙂

• @supadom said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Speaking of shite driving, ever stop at a four-way stop sign intersection, and you think the chap on the other side of the road is going straight, and you start to move forward when the wanker makes a turn right in front of you without signalling, almost taking your front bumper with him?

My brain hurt trying to visualise this until I realised that wer’e mirror image here in the uk.

Lol! 🤣 Or "left in front of you". I'd rather roundabouts than stop signs.

• @michael_m said:
    I drove for almost 25 years in 3 different countries, and never had an accident until I moved to the Carolinas.

Since moving here I see moronic, dangerous driving almost every day, and have been rear-ended, sideswiped, or driven into while stationary in a gas station on average about once every 2 years.

So specifically for me, drivers in the south east of the US. For comparison, I used to think that Massholes (drivers from Massachusetts, notoriously bad drivers in the north east) were terrible drivers, but they’re positive role models on the road compared to people here.

I visited Tucson with a former co-worker for a one-week optics course maybe 15 or so years ago. It seemed to us that you can sit around sipping cappuccino and watch all the retired old farts ram into each other there. Now he is a retired old fart and my retired old fartdom is hopefully less than ten years away.