Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack PRO by Yonac Inc. - Released

Comments

• Is this thing close to quality of Klevgr Stark? I think stark is awesome - ok sure not as many fx and amps and stuff but very nice sound and very ease to use. of course it matter of opinion and is matter of personal taste

• Downloaded, got the full enchilada.
    Sounds good.
    It was worth the wait.

@Jesse
    I'm still going to use the IAA version until I can migrate over my presets.

Nicely done.
    It's already sound good on my tracks.

• This is awesome!!!

Other Yonak essentials:
    Magellan 2
    Roxsyn

• edited April 2021

@cargosofdoom said:
    Is this thing close to quality of Klevgr Stark? I think stark is awesome - ok sure not as many fx and amps and stuff but very nice sound and very ease to use. of course it matter of opinion and is matter of personal taste

I've only tried the desktop version of KS and based on what I'm used to (Hardware amps, Mercuriall, IK, Plugin Alliance etc etc) I thought it was total garbage. That's beside the point though because if that is what you like then it's as good as you can get. I just can't imagine how anything else could not seem better if you love STARK. That includes TSP.

• @Ailerom said:

@cargosofdoom said:
    Is this thing close to quality of Klevgr Stark? I think stark is awesome - ok sure not as many fx and amps and stuff but very nice sound and very ease to use. of course it matter of opinion and is matter of personal taste

I've only tried the desktop version of KS and based on what I'm used to (Hardware amps, Mercuriall, IK, Plugin Alliance etc etc) I thought it was total garbage. That's beside the point though because if that is what you like then it's as good as you can get. I just can't imagine how anything else could not seem better if you love STARK. That includes TSP.

you probably was not using it right :D

• @cargosofdoom said:

@Ailerom said:

@cargosofdoom said:

Truer than you might think. Music should and can come from anywhere. Just because it wasn't my think doesn't make it bad or mean someone can't make great music with it. If you can make music with something I think sounds like a turd then I have nothing but admiration.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I vote no if you have THU. Wanted to give it a shot due to the great intro price so I paid the fiver, but the stock amps and effects pale compared to THU. Weird sounding overdrive and distortion, and can’t achieve that instant slickly produced almost cartoony it’s so easy sound like THU.

But what do I know, I’m a bear, I eat the heads off fish

what is THU your referencing ? is that the original tone hub

• @eross said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I vote no if you have THU. Wanted to give it a shot due to the great intro price so I paid the fiver, but the stock amps and effects pale compared to THU. Weird sounding overdrive and distortion, and can’t achieve that instant slickly produced almost cartoony it’s so easy sound like THU.

But what do I know, I’m a bear, I eat the heads off fish

what is THU your referencing ? is that the original tone hub

They’re all talking about Overloud THU

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/overloud-thu/id1478394489

• @Ailerom said:

Music should and can come from anywhere.

THIS

• edited April 2021

@Intrepolicious said:

@Ailerom said:

THIS

This is absolutely true. The THUniverse is amazing in that it allows you (for a price) to have the guitar tone of Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan and guys I’ve never heard of. I mean, you can’t play like them, but it’s pretty intoxicating to be able to dial up the exact tone of “Little Wing.”

ToneStack may not have the emulations as perfect, but how could it not be creative? I’m hesitant because I don’t need any more choice to paralyze me. Even though it’s a total bargain.

Would love to hear more.

• If someone is interested in a bigger FX toolbox shouldn’t Tonestack be compared to Mixbox and NuRack? How does it compare in number and quality of effects?

• @Ailerom said:

@cargosofdoom said:

@Ailerom said:

@cargosofdoom said:

Truer than you might think. Music should and can come from anywhere. Just because it wasn't my think doesn't make it bad or mean someone can't make great music with it. If you can make music with something I think sounds like a turd then I have nothing but admiration.

hey man no need to use offending word like garbage and turd... u dont have to like it but just say hey it not for me or I dont really like that one. show some respect to a top developer... klevgr IS top developer! @sundhage we love your stuff!!!!!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Ailerom said:

THIS

ToneStack may not have the emulations as perfect, but how could it not be creative? I’m hesitant because I don’t need any more choice to paralyze me. Even though it’s a total bargain.

Would love to hear more.

Yes. TH-U and Nembrini can't be beat for their realism but ToneStack offers us a vastly expanded and different kind of sonic palette. I've only spent a short time checking out the presets and it's already easy to imagine using ToneStack in a mix, even if it doesn't perfectly replicate a legendary tube amp.

• I'm experiencing something that I'm hoping others can test. After a few minutes running TS in standalone mode, I start hearing a short (.5 second) pulse of distortion which recurs every five seconds or so. Quitting and relaunching TS clears it up temporarily before it starts happening again. I updated to iPad OS 14.5 last night so it could be an OS issue.

• edited April 2021

I bought the 'standard' Tonestack Pro: for my eyes and ears it looks and sounds exactly the same as the previous version... But it's AUv3 and for only € 5,49 it's cheap!! And you get a nice build in taperecorder + tuner also, and the preset-management is outstanding. I find the midi CC assignment a little tedious (you have to do that for every preset!), but it works. The first thing I did in AUM was replacing the Tonestack-cab(s) from some favourite presets with my own IR's in IMPULSation... Much better!

• @Schmotown said:
    I'm experiencing something that I'm hoping others can test. After a few minutes running TS in standalone mode, I start hearing a short (.5 second) pulse of distortion which recurs every five seconds or so. Quitting and relaunching TS clears it up temporarily before it starts happening again. I updated to iPad OS 14.5 last night so it could be an OS issue.

This may have been a false alarm. Restarting the iPad seems to have cleared everything up. Probably should have done that first.

TS is working fine as an AUv3 in BeatMaker. And it's so easy to mix and match amps, cabs, and effects thanks to its friendly interface.

• Got it to encourage this/other devs to port apps to AU, sounds like it was a mighty task in this case. Looking forward to this evening to have a proper play.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    If someone is interested in a bigger FX toolbox shouldn’t Tonestack be compared to Mixbox and NuRack? How does it compare in number and quality of effects?

Also wondering how things compare…

• @Schmotown said:

@Schmotown said:
    I'm experiencing something that I'm hoping others can test. After a few minutes running TS in standalone mode, I start hearing a short (.5 second) pulse of distortion which recurs every five seconds or so. Quitting and relaunching TS clears it up temporarily before it starts happening again. I updated to iPad OS 14.5 last night so it could be an OS issue.

This may have been a false alarm. Restarting the iPad seems to have cleared everything up. Probably should have done that first.

TS is working fine as an AUv3 in BeatMaker. And it's so easy to mix and match amps, cabs, and effects thanks to its friendly interface.

I had this same problem and I restored to IOS 14.4.2 and its gone. I think its IOS 14.5.

• I have a feeling the lukewarm response would be different if ToneStack announced the price would go up to $79.99 in a week. (Or whatever the ultimate price is going to be.)

I kind of can't believe that I'm arguing in favor of artificial scarcity in digital products, but there it is....

• I started a argument earlier in this thread, I discover Tonestack Pro is worth the money they are asking for it, i bought it. Its got some bugs and needs some upgrades, but its worth the price asked.

what bugs? Well the first one I noticed is playing a file in the tape deck in standalone--the file plays fine the first time, but when you loop it the second time and following times it plays at chipmunk speed.

• @bobbyj8866 said:
    Well the first one I noticed is playing a file in the tape deck in standalone--the file plays fine the first time, but when you loop it the second time and following times it plays at chipmunk speed.

Is that a bug or a feature? 😉

• edited April 2021

how the heck to i send midi
    cc from another app to control the pedals in
    tonestack pro ?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@bobbyj8866 said:
    Well the first one I noticed is playing a file in the tape deck in standalone--the file plays fine the first time, but when you loop it the second time and following times it plays at chipmunk speed.

Is that a bug or a feature? 😉

Oh! It’s a SPEED TRAINER! 😳

• @eross said:
    tonestack pro ?

i can’t seem to get the aum midi knob learn function to work in this app. am i missing something?

• @eross said:

@eross said:
    tonestack pro ?

i can’t seem to get the aum midi knob learn function to work in this app. am i missing something?

Tonestack uses its own midi settings: see (in Tonestack (standalone or AU): Settings -> Advanced Midi settings....

• @Harro said:

@eross said:

@eross said:
    tonestack pro ?

Tonestack uses its own midi settings: see (in Tonestack (standalone or AU): Settings -> Advanced Midi settings....

i saw that, but i can’t get it to control anything. i can assign a knob let’s say cc 12 on channel one. then i try to send a cc signal from Cyckle to Aum Midi control and nothing happens. i don’t know what to try next

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Ailerom said:

THIS

This is absolutely true. The THUniverse is amazing in that it allows you (for a price) to have the guitar tone of Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan and guys I’ve never heard of. I mean, you can’t play like them, but it’s pretty intoxicating to be able to dial up the exact tone of “Little Wing.”

Would love to hear more.

But if one wants to emulate their favorite sounds why not just get the free app “Tonebridge” which has hundreds and hundreds of emulations built in at no cost?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    If someone is interested in a bigger FX toolbox shouldn’t Tonestack be compared to Mixbox and NuRack? How does it compare in number and quality of effects?

I have purchased MixBox CS, NuRack and all of the Tonestack apps (also, don’t forget there’s a free app called Tonebridge which is pretty amazing) and I’m partial to Tonestack Pro and MixBox CS. They’re both unbeatable values for my recording and tone exploration needs. I used Overloud THU for a while but found their UI annoying to use.

• Are the effects in Tonestack Pro stereo? I saw that the amps now have a mono/stereo switch.