Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack PRO by Yonac Inc. - Released

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:

This shows the breadth of the app. (But sweet fancy Moses, the song!)

Good god that is some awful guitar playing

• edited April 2021

Man oh man do i really need another full on rack of AUv3 effects to add to my music?

Um...yup. Thanks for the great update @Jessie !👊🏼™️

• @oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I mean, they’re not the tastiest licks I’ve ever heard. Certainly not the worst..

• @Intrepolicious said:
    First thing I had to check was to see if my trusty ABY utility pedal was there. Yes, there it is!

Of course now that we can run multiple instances, who needs an ABY pedal?

• oh crap. I was happy. Until I read "IOS 13"
    :lol: Dang... I need a new device

• @Intrepolicious said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I mean, they’re not the tastiest licks I’ve ever heard. Certainly not the worst..

Nope, worst ever

• So, I get no presets at all. Is that for rear should I reinstall? Already reboot device.

• Oh God!

Can @flo26 get back from Senegal in time to help us determine if this is worth picking up???

• @wim said:
    So, I get no presets at all. Is that for rear should I reinstall? Already reboot device.

That’s odd. Did you update to iOS 14.5 first?

• @SNystrom said:
    Oh God!

Can @flo26 get back from Senegal in time to help us determine if this is worth picking up???

I bought the app and the extras. It’s worth it.

• edited April 2021

I vote no if you have THU. Wanted to give it a shot due to the great intro price so I paid the fiver, but the stock amps and effects pale compared to THU. Weird sounding overdrive and distortion, and can’t achieve that instant slickly produced almost cartoony it’s so easy sound like THU.

But what do I know, I’m a bear, I eat the heads off fish

• @oat_phipps said:
    But what do I know, I’m a bear, I eat the heads off fish

Hahahahaha!!!

You go, Oat!

• Might it be worth it for the AUv3 effects, though?

• edited April 2021

@SNystrom said:
    Might it be worth it for the AUv3 effects, though?

Nah, there’s better options out there. At least based on the stock effects. Free Chow Centaur, FAC Chorus and Phazer, Kosmonaut or Nembrini delay, Pro-R...etc

Plus the Symphonic 90 in THU is the ultimate iOS guitar effect.

• I’ll take my “negativity” elsewhere, hope you enjoy it if you get it.

• Oh negativity is perfectly okay. This isn’t China — yet!

Just thought there were a ton of effects for the intro price that might seem useful:

• @NeuM said:

@wim said:
    So, I get no presets at all. Is that for rear should I reinstall? Already reboot device.

That’s odd. Did you update to iOS 14.5 first?

Nope. Still on 13.7 thank goodness.
    I reinstalled and this time opened the standalone first. The presets are there now.
    Thanks for confirming it was just me.

• @oat_phipps said:

@SNystrom said:

Nah, there’s better options out there. At least based on the stock effects. Free Chow Centaur, FAC Chorus and Phazer, Kosmonaut or Nembrini delay, Pro-R...etc

Why wouldn’t one want to have all of these? I have most of them and consider them all valuable to the recording and production toolkit.

• @NeuM said:

@oat_phipps said:

@SNystrom said:

Why wouldn’t one want to have all of these? I have most of them and consider them all valuable to the recording and production toolkit.

That is certainly logical, but if they don't sound as good or better, it's not really worth it. Would love to hear some comparisons to THU or Nembrini.

And @oat_phipps: Is the Symphonic 90 part of any bundle at all?

• edited April 2021

@ExAsperis99 said:

@NeuM said:

@oat_phipps said:

@SNystrom said:

That is certainly logical, but if they don't sound as good or better, it's not really worth it. Would love to hear some comparisons to THU or Nembrini.

And @oat_phipps: Is the Symphonic 90 part of any bundle at all?

Joyceroadstudios told me that there is after I bought it separately (so worth it for the 80s style guitar I play). Buut, it’s part of some random rig pack and I can’t seem to find which one. One of the heavier ones I think, because it didn’t really appeal to me. I think it’s worth it a la carte; in fact it’s more valuable to me at $15 than the full Tonestack Pro would be at $25.

EDIT: BHS Metlx Rig Pack ($25)

• Does the IAP collection contains IR loader?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    Does the IAP collection contains IR loader?

Nope.

• Does it run on the Mac?

• @mistercharlie said:
    Does it run on the Mac?

Edit: No it doesn't.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I think, as hard as it is to imagine, the mix is worse than the playing.

• edited April 2021

One of those things (like everything, really) best summed up with a Jurassic Park line:

You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could you didn’t stop to think if you should.

• What features do I have to buy in TH-U to have as much possibilities as ToneStack? It seems much more expensive at the end, no?

• edited April 2021

@Jessie I would like to see some walkthrough before purchasing

• Bought. I’ve used the OG so much that wallet guilt is pretty non-existent. At this price point even less so!

• I dunno, Tonestack was awesome back in 2014, but I'm hesitant in 2021. It wasn't the lack of the AUv3 that was the issue for me, just that the sound engine had fallen behind the competition. And from that demo I'm not sure they've caught up.

I guess if you want to have all those options inside one app it's worth it, but I tend to just stick to one or two amp models anyway.