Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack PRO by Yonac Inc. - Released

Comments

• Although I already have more sims than sense, I’m looking forward to this one.

• It will be interesting to hear if ToneStack besides becoming AU will have caught up to the new wave of improved amp sims. A few years ago, it was my preferred sim, but Nembrini and TH-U (and GE Labs, which i don’t use) have all upped the game (and BIAS and Amplitube have improved, too). Hopefully, this new version will be on a par with the current state of the art.

I guess we’ll hear next week.

• @Jessie said:
    Hmmm you may have missed my April 17th update on that same thread :)

We were working on having transfers in the new app, but it did not get approved by Apple. So we had to switch gears a bit. The new app will have a very simplified IAP store and the initial pricing on launch will be VERY heavily discounted.

@wired2moon said:
    On the Yonac forum Jessie saying you will be able to transfer your previous purchases into the new app.

Great news from a great dev if you ask me

I don't know what Apple's current rules are (and it seems like no one ever does), but Auria got around this issue when they came out with their new app with MIDI by offering an upgrade IAP inside the old app. By purchasing the IAP, it used the shell of the old app to install the new app. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how hard that is to implement. I've always assumed that by upgrading this way, I have the same exact app as the new one, with the old icon and some sort of shell that requires a "Restore Purchases" to get everything right if I reinstall. Not a perfect solution, and maybe not even possible, but it might allow previous purchases to transfer.

It's a shame iOS isn't set up well for upgrade pricing. It's definitely the dominant model on desktop. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that companies offer upgrades (and crossgrades) on desktop, not to be "nice", but because it is good for business.

I wouldn't want to be in charge of setting the price for the new Tonestack and IAPs in a way that satisfies those who have bought all 3 motherloads, but also makes a fair profit from first time users. Seems like an impossible task.

The one thing I do strongly believe in is that developers should feel free to charge whatever they want, and it's up to the consumer to decide if they want to purchase it. I do hate the idea that I am somehow entitled to something extra because I bought all the motherloads, and if the developer doesn't give it to me, then I'm going to whine about them being bad. This is the behavior I would expect from toddlers.

• edited April 2021

@Jessie said:

We were working on having transfers in the new app, but it did not get approved by Apple. So we had to switch gears a bit. The new app will have a very simplified IAP store and the initial pricing on launch will be VERY heavily discounted.

@wired2moon said:
    On the Yonac forum Jessie saying you will be able to transfer your previous purchases into the new app.

Great news from a great dev if you ask me

Sweet! Thank you Jessie!

• @Jessie said:

Though we are not able to transfer our IAP purchases across can
    we import our presets from the IAA version into the new Auv3 version?

• edited April 2021

Recently when Victor Porof released "Atom - Piano Roll 2" released also bundle called "Atom - Piano Roll upgrade" which include "Atom - Piano Roll" and "Atom - Piano Roll 2". As I'm not owner of Atom1 I see the price of bundle is the same as for Atom1 and as for Atom2 which are also sold separately. I don't know what is the "bundle" price for Atom1 owners. Is the price free? This could be some workaround the AppStore regulation, but only concernig the base app, not IAP to it.

On the other hand from what I read the built-in AppStore algorithms decide (not Developer) what is the price of the "bundle" for the user, based on how much he paid for the first version of the app. Whether he bought the app at a regular price or on a sale price. So the price of bundle can be different for different users.

The matter of IAP prices is completely different. The AppStore does not have the ability to show different prices (read: lower) of IAP in Tonestack PRO for users who purchased IAP in Tonestack. Jessie had good intentions and did his best, but the AppStore mechanism is not perfect.

• @dakti said:
    ... but the AppStore mechanism is not perfect.

Understatement of the day right there. ;)

• Yes, you can import your presets to the new app!

@Gravitas said:

@Jessie said:

• If I recall there were some really nice effects in tones rack as well. Glad to add those to our auv3 arsenal

• @Jessie said:
    Yes, you can import your presets to the new app!

@Gravitas said:

@Jessie said:

Cool.
    Good to know.

• edited April 2021

@Jessie said:
    Yes, you can import your presets to the new app!

@Gravitas said:

@Jessie said:

After importing presets into the new app is it OK to delete the old app? Or is it still needed as a purchased app reference for the new app?

• And the 8 track recorder will be nice as well, if it’s carried over

• @zah said:
    Tonestack PRO Guitar Amps & FX has arrived
    $4.99 for the app and 19.99 to unlock ALL the units

Link? I cannot find it.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@zah said:
    Tonestack PRO Guitar Amps & FX has arrived
    $4.99 for the app and 19.99 to unlock ALL the units

Link? I cannot find it.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tonestack-pro-guitar-amps-fx/id1529842791

• Thank you Ben! How do I know if the app is universal? I want to use it with my iPhone and iPad.

• @Montreal_Music said:

Thank you Ben! How do I know if the app is universal? I want to use it with my iPhone and iPad.

It is available for iphone.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Thank you Ben! How do I know if the app is universal? I want to use it with my iPhone and iPad.

So no universal? You need to buy 2 seperates versions, 1 for iPad and 1 for iPhone?

• I would assume so? The original Tonestack was universal. It doesn't mention it specifically, though.

• Seems like quite a deal. I had just about finished wading through the THU/Fender/Holy Grail thread and decided that individual rigs was the way to go, and now THIS emerges....
    Anyone from ToneStack lurking to say how long the sale will run?

• @White Maybe update the thread title? Or begin a new one?

• edited April 2021

OK, it’s pretty great. Really fast switching between amps and effects. No pause while loading at all. Fantastic. Great job, @Jessie and the Yonac guys!

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@Montreal_Music said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

So no universal? You need to buy 2 seperates versions, 1 for iPad and 1 for iPhone?

It is universal. No need to buy two versions.

• how do you unlock previous purchases from old app? and also can you use the 8 track recorder in Au or only standalone?

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@eross said:
    how do you unlock previous purchases from old app? and also can you use the 8 track recorder in Au or only standalone?

You can’t in transfer previous ToneStack purchases. The IAP is a new purchase. The recorder is only in the standalone app, as noted in the App Store description.

Yonac had planned to make the IAP transfer but it didn’t work out with the App Store, so they had to rethink things.

• ToneStack stopped by earlier. Apparently it's impossible to use the previous IAP, which is why it's so cheap at the moment. And according to the App Store description, the 8 track is available only in standalone.

• First thing I had to check was to see if my trusty ABY utility pedal was there. Yes, there it is!

• Alright, in with the sound comparisons

• This shows the breadth of the app. (But sweet fancy Moses, the song!)