Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack PRO by Yonac Inc. - Released

Comments

• @eross said:

@Harro said:

@eross said:

@eross said:
    how the heck to i send midi
    cc from another app to control the pedals in
    tonestack pro ?

i can’t seem to get the aum midi knob learn function to work in this app. am i missing something?

Tonestack uses its own midi settings: see (in Tonestack (standalone or AU): Settings -> Advanced Midi settings....

i saw that, but i can’t get it to control anything. i can assign a knob let’s say cc 12 on channel one. then i try to send a cc signal from Cyckle to Aum Midi control and nothing happens. i don’t know what to try next

If ToneStack responds to MIDI directly, you route the MIDI to the ToneStack plugin not AUM's MIDIControl which is for automating exposed AU parameters...which is totally separate from an AU's own MIDI processing.

• @NeuM said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Ailerom said:

Music should and can come from anywhere.

THIS

This is absolutely true. The THUniverse is amazing in that it allows you (for a price) to have the guitar tone of Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan and guys I’ve never heard of. I mean, you can’t play like them, but it’s pretty intoxicating to be able to dial up the exact tone of “Little Wing.”

ToneStack may not have the emulations as perfect, but how could it not be creative? I’m hesitant because I don’t need any more choice to paralyze me. Even though it’s a total bargain.

Would love to hear more.

But if one wants to emulate their favorite sounds why not just get the free app “Tonebridge” which has hundreds and hundreds of emulations built in at no cost?

If only Tonebridge actually sound as good as the better amp emulators.

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Ailerom said:

Music should and can come from anywhere.

THIS

This is absolutely true. The THUniverse is amazing in that it allows you (for a price) to have the guitar tone of Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan and guys I’ve never heard of. I mean, you can’t play like them, but it’s pretty intoxicating to be able to dial up the exact tone of “Little Wing.”

ToneStack may not have the emulations as perfect, but how could it not be creative? I’m hesitant because I don’t need any more choice to paralyze me. Even though it’s a total bargain.

Would love to hear more.

But if one wants to emulate their favorite sounds why not just get the free app “Tonebridge” which has hundreds and hundreds of emulations built in at no cost?

If only Tonebridge actually sound as good as the better amp emulators.

But it’s free for those concerned about cost. Frankly, I don’t know how they can afford to support such an app.

• GE Labs is also free.

• interesting? I can’t see tonestack pro in the midi/ audio routing panel in AUM? maybe i need to reboot my phone to get it to show up

• @eross said:
    interesting? I can’t see tonestack pro in the midi/ audio routing panel in AUM? maybe i need to reboot my phone to get it to show up

I don’t have ToneStack Pro. When you add it as an effect node in AUM, does it give you a choice of versions? Some midi-capable audio effects have two flavors: one that has midi enabled and one that doesn’t.

• @espiegel123 said:

@eross said:
    interesting? I can’t see tonestack pro in the midi/ audio routing panel in AUM? maybe i need to reboot my phone to get it to show up

I don’t have ToneStack Pro. When you add it as an effect node in AUM, does it give you a choice of versions? Some midi-capable audio effects have two flavors: one that has midi enabled and one that doesn’t.

i just tested that. seems to be only one flavor of tonestack pro. I also rebooted my phone and still nothing. weird

• @Schmotown said:
    GE Labs is also free.

More options are good for everyone.

• @NeuM said:

@Schmotown said:
    GE Labs is also free.

lol the culture war rests for no man

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@NeuM said:

@Schmotown said:
    GE Labs is also free.

lol the culture war rests for no man

Competition brings us great things. 👍

• @eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

i just tested that. seems to be only one flavor of tonestack pro. I also rebooted my phone and still nothing. weird

nothing shows up, and there are no midi parameters to map to in AUM. it’s almost as if tonestack pro doesn’t exist. i’d load a video of it but i can get it to load it say wrong file format

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

nothing shows up, and there are no midi parameters to map to in AUM. it’s almost as if tonestack pro doesn’t exist. i’d load a video of it but i can get it to load it say wrong file format

Maybe you should contact them via their support page.

• edited April 2021

@eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

That’s a very weird error. Are you running the latest version of iOS (14.5)?

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

yeah, it’s odd. where is their support page? is it accessible through the app store?

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

yeah, it’s odd. where is their support page? is it accessible through the app store?

My conclusion (for now) is that midi CC mapping is only possible via physical midi ports and via bluetooth. My fcb1010 footcontroler works fine for this (standalone and in au).

• Jessie just sent me a code.
    Demo to come as soon as I come back from Senegal (9 to 10 days).
    Cheers!

• @flo26 said:
    Jessie just sent me a code.
    Demo to come as soon as I come back from Senegal (9 to 10 days).
    Cheers!

Looking forward to “hearing” your thoughts. :)

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

@ocelot said:
    Support page - http://www.yonac.com/support/#contact
    TSP page - http://www.yonac.com/tonestackpro/
    TSP manual - http://www.yonac.com/tonestackpro/tonestackpro_manual.pdf
    TSP amps, cabs, effects - http://www.yonac.com/tonestackpro/gear.html

thanks

• @Harro said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

My conclusion (for now) is that midi CC mapping is only possible via physical midi ports and via bluetooth. My fcb1010 footcontroler works fine for this (standalone and in au).

it must be that it only works with midi hardware not other midi apps. so weird i just updated my phone and nothing is there. frustrating

• Excellent! @flo26 Enjoy Senegal!
    We will expect to hear some Youssou N'Dour tones!

[HANGS UP PHONE, LEANS AGAINST WALL, MUTTERS TO HIMSELF: NINE TO TEN DAYS?!]

• I've been recommending TS since the Bias days when they burned me on Positive Grid. I have bought all 3 motherload bundles over the years at full price and gotten some pretty good use out of it. For most people it just worked. But nowadays I'm not so inclined to jump since moving almost all my guitar playing to Nembrini for amp simulation and NuRack for effects. The only thing tugging at me to do something is the intro pricing.

With that said, earlier in the thread @Jamie_Mallender you mentioned 4Pockets, and I noticed Paul isn't doing anything to support its recently released apps. Release an app, maybe provide one or two updates and then it gets abandoned. I know for a while there you were always demoing new 4Pockets stuff. Do you have any insight into why Paul does things that way?

• Sorry if this has been answered. Long thread though.
    I have the old version with bass IAP’s. Will any of it transfer or will it be supported for future use?
    Thanks.

• @fprintf said:
    I've been recommending TS since the Bias days when they burned me on Positive Grid. I have bought all 3 motherload bundles over the years at full price and gotten some pretty good use out of it. For most people it just worked. But nowadays I'm not so inclined to jump since moving almost all my guitar playing to Nembrini for amp simulation and NuRack for effects. The only thing tugging at me to do something is the intro pricing.

With that said, earlier in the thread @Jamie_Mallender you mentioned 4Pockets, and I noticed Paul isn't doing anything to support its recently released apps. Release an app, maybe provide one or two updates and then it gets abandoned. I know for a while there you were always demoing new 4Pockets stuff. Do you have any insight into why Paul does things that way?

For my money, it’s not even a discussion. A single real-world effects pedal might cost $50. It’s a great value.

• @cargosofdoom said:

@Ailerom said:

@cargosofdoom said:

@Ailerom said:

@cargosofdoom said:
    Is this thing close to quality of Klevgr Stark? I think stark is awesome - ok sure not as many fx and amps and stuff but very nice sound and very ease to use. of course it matter of opinion and is matter of personal taste

I've only tried the desktop version of KS and based on what I'm used to (Hardware amps, Mercuriall, IK, Plugin Alliance etc etc) I thought it was total garbage. That's beside the point though because if that is what you like then it's as good as you can get. I just can't imagine how anything else could not seem better if you love STARK. That includes TSP.

you probably was not using it right :D

Truer than you might think. Music should and can come from anywhere. Just because it wasn't my thing doesn't make it bad or mean someone can't make great music with it. If you can make music with something I think sounds like a turd then I have nothing but admiration.

hey man no need to use offending word like garbage and turd... u dont have to like it but just say hey it not for me or I dont really like that one. show some respect to a top developer... klevgr IS top developer! @sundhage we love your stuff!!!!!

Thanks for the input but I'll use whatever words I like to describe it. Offence is a strange thing. I can't force someone to be offended so it's up to you and Klevgrand how much it upsets you. Consider it a cultural difference. Here in Australia, at least in the era I'm from, the words I used are pretty tame. I have been using Klevgrand products since the day they first appeared on the plugin scene. I have a lot of their plugins and hope they value my honesty even if the words I use are more accepted here.

• @NeuM said:

@fprintf said:
    I've been recommending TS since the Bias days when they burned me on Positive Grid. I have bought all 3 motherload bundles over the years at full price and gotten some pretty good use out of it. For most people it just worked. But nowadays I'm not so inclined to jump since moving almost all my guitar playing to Nembrini for amp simulation and NuRack for effects. The only thing tugging at me to do something is the intro pricing.

For my money, it’s not even a discussion. A single real-world effects pedal might cost $50. It’s a great value.

True from that perspective for sure.

• Having bought the original app when it came out, I found out very quickly that it sounded, bright, thin and with overdrive etc very bees in a tin. However, I play bass too, the bass amps and cabs are where I thought it was at. I’ve used these bass amp sims very frequently, non so far came across better. Will the IAP for bass get sold separate, that’s all I’m after! 🥂

• @NeuM said:
    A single real-world effects pedal might cost $50.

Or $500, depending on the pedal. (I'm not even talking about arguably-overpriced boutique analog stuff - the Eventide Space was $499 at launch.)

• The cost doesn't matter if it sounds good! (See: Compressor, Magic Death Eye.)

But if it doesn't sound good, it doesn't matter how much of a bargain it is.

And to be clear, it remains to be seen how good ToneStack sounds.

• Having an all-in-one app is tempting. For AU3, is it just this and THU?
    I'm still happy with NI Guitar Rig 4 and a few pedals. Big fan of Robert Cray's simple tone.