Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack PRO by Yonac Inc. - Released

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I've spent quite a bit on the motherhood. I'd hate to have to rebuy them all just for the AU.

I get the sentiment. Although I'm totally baffled with exactly what Tonestack stuff I own and what I don't. I thought I had all three tiers, but I guess not? It's a little annoying to see an amp or effect you want only to be told, Nah, you gotta pony up for that one.....

Did U try Restore Purchases at the top-right corner of the store?

• Of course. I’m sure I was confused and I’m not being cheated.
    But I am of the opinion that if I haven’t bought the amp, it shouldn’t be available. But that’s kind of par for the course with every amp sim, isn’t it?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I've spent quite a bit on the motherhood. I'd hate to have to rebuy them all just for the AU.

I get the sentiment. Although I'm totally baffled with exactly what Tonestack stuff I own and what I don't. I thought I had all three tiers, but I guess not? It's a little annoying to see an amp or effect you want only to be told, Nah, you gotta pony up for that one.....

Get the Motherload, the Big Enchilada, or whatever they call it this time.

• I'm in the market for a metric shit-ton of guitar amp sims. @NembriniAudio @overloud and @yonac, whoever makes the big package sale first, I'm in.

• I love Jessie’s apps! I have all of them, including all of the motherlodes.

I actually won third place in a ToneStack guitar contest he had one time, and he sent me a bunch of Yonac swag and iTunes gift cards. Really cool developer if you ask me!

I’ll definitely be purchasing ToneStack Pro!

• @NeuM said:
    OMG. YES!
    Now... about that Steel Guitar update...

Wow.. you’re right... could you imagine... the Steel Guitar app as an AUv3! ??

That would be amazing. We Might have to go suggest that on Twitter.

• @supadom said:
    Great news if just for Echorex.

There’s one in TH-U

• edited April 2021

@SNystrom said:
    I love Nembrini and appreciate but haven’t purchased the Overloud gear, but most of the time lately I just plug and play the Haggis 20th Anniversary (driven by the ChowCentaur) and have been happy as a clam.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/20th-anniversary-guitar-amp/id1553090626

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chowcentaur/id1547671733

Presets are awesome compared to the competition and you’d have to work pretty hard to top the tone.

Holy shit Flying Haggis is back! I can’t believe no one created a thread for this. I love TH-U but I’ve gotta get this for the simplicity (and the nostalgia).

Can you say if it rivals the latest hot entries?

• There’s a lot more competition in this space. I hope they charge what it took to make it. I’d rather they be compensated.

• I’m a little leery of the Yonac audio quality. Tonestack didn’t hold up, and all their synths sound on the antiseptic side, and Galileo 2 wasn’t a great improvement either.

• @oat_phipps said:

@SNystrom said:
    I love Nembrini and appreciate but haven’t purchased the Overloud gear, but most of the time lately I just plug and play the Haggis 20th Anniversary (driven by the ChowCentaur) and have been happy as a clam.

Presets are awesome compared to the competition and you’d have to work pretty hard to top the tone.

Holy shit Flying Haggis is back! I can’t believe no one created a thread for this. I love TH-U but I’ve gotta get this for the simplicity (and the nostalgia).

I think it’s even better Oat — if that’s possible!

Here is a link to the new version thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/43682/fh-2-virtual-guitar-amp-beta-testing-discussion/p1

• @oat_phipps said:

@SNystrom said:

In my opinion, it is not at the same standard as the better THU rigs or Nembrini sims. But it is very usable, but I haven’t been able to get sounds dialed in that satisfy me as much as what I can get out of THU (rigs)and Nembrini.

Some seem very happy with how it sounds.

It is a really convenient, easy to use package and I think a lot of people will feel they can get up and running with it quickly. I feel it’s best for clean sounds. The reverb, chorus and delay are good. It pairs well with Chow Centaur.

The developer seems to be a great guy.

• @espiegel123 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@SNystrom said:

In my opinion, it is not at the same standard as the better THU rigs or Nembrini sims. But it is very usable, but I haven’t been able to get sounds dialed in that satisfy me as much as what I can get out of THU (rigs)and Nembrini.

Some seem very happy with how it sounds.

It is a really convenient, easy to use package and I think a lot of people will feel they can get up and running with it quickly. I feel it’s best for clean sounds. The reverb, chorus and delay are good. It pairs well with Chow Centaur.

The developer seems to be a great guy.

See, I feel like I’m crazy because I prefer a couple of the amps and cabinet combos that hit my sweet spot more than any of the 3 rig packs I’ve bought. I don’t like any of the already overdriven or distorted rig files, and the amount of clean ones I do like is small. There’s always too much EQ’ing to be done. Any more realistic behavior that does exist compared to the cabs is negated because of this. Blah blah blah can’t tell in a mix

• I’ve actually found the Haggis 20th to be my favorite for semi-heavy distortion — especially with the ChowCentaur driving it.

I’m using a 90’s Strat Plus Deluxe with red, silver, and blue Lace Sensors, and it rocks like no other amp sim I’ve ever tried.

Add the new Beef unit set to the warm tube Vox setting, and I’m actually able to generate some exquisite harmonic feedback — which totally blows me away!

• Yonac first announced TS would be getting the AUv3 treatment 4 years ago, then it kept slipping, then a lengthy radio silence and now it’s (almost) here.

Is this a dream??

• On the Yonac forum Jessie saying you will be able to transfer your previous purchases into the new app.

Great news from a great dev if you ask me

• edited April 2021

It’s amazing how high emotions fly over a $50 app that originally came something like 10 years ago . I see there’s a lot of bitterness that probably comes from the love for the app and then the loss that comes from it not coming back in time.

Johnny’s gone to war.
    Lilly’s waited and waited.
    Johnny’s been declared lost in action.
    Lilly lost heart and remarried.
    Johnny finally knocks on her door 10 years later....

We know how this one ends ;).

• edited April 2021

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ashh said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@bobbyj8866 said:
    I sunk a lot of money in Tonestack back in the day. It did not age well. Hopefully Yonac will want to do something to keep or in fact get back their old customers, so I would expect a steep discount.

Because as it stands now, Nembrini and THU get my money due to just how good they sound and work.

That said, ToneStack Pro is going have to be _really _ good and have something that the others don't, for me to even be interested. Yawn. (buys another THU rig library that sounds awesome)

Nobody cares.

Ouch. I don't think he's too far off the mark here.

That anyone who may have spent some money years ago on an old thing should get a huge discount on a new thing?

While I don't agree with his POV on that point, I thought it was harsh to say "who cares" to what he says on a forum that is designed to foster different opinions and discussion. While I might not agree on that one point, I do care enough to read what he wrote. And I think his observation about Tonestack being a bit behind the times does seem right to me. Anyway, "who cares" seems harsh by AB Forum standards. Two cents and not a farthing more.

Agree 100% Luke. We're normally better than that here. And I agree with the original point too. There are plenty of excellent alternatives now. Yonac will need to provide some kind of discounted upgrade path if they're going to have any chance of getting more money from me for this one however good it is.

• edited April 2021

If it is a one time purchase for the new app but then you can restore all your IAPs from the old one then that seems generous enough for me. I can’t remember how the amps sound compared to what we have now but I’m sure there are some useable sounds in there. There are also all the FX in there and some extra bits like the recorder and tuner which could be handy in an AU.

• Personally speaking I really like the IAA version of Tonestacks.
    I use the Nembrini jsr1000jr as a preamp and then into Tonestacks IAA via AUM.
    The effects is were Tonestacks shines.
    Looking forward to the Auv3 version.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    If it is a one time purchase for the new app but then you can restore all your IAPs from the old one then that seems generous enough for me.

I agree with this. One thing Jessie @ Yonac has always made clear was the magnitude of the engineering work needed to AUv3-ize such a complex beast as TS. A truly nontrivial undertaking ... and that work needs to be funded. No idea what the new version of the app will cost but allowing transfers of IAPs is a generous gesture in light of this.

• @wired2moon said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    If it is a one time purchase for the new app but then you can restore all your IAPs from the old one then that seems generous enough for me.

I agree with this. One thing Jessie @ Yonac has always made clear was the magnitude of the engineering work needed to AUv3-ize such a complex beast as TS. A truly nontrivial undertaking ... and that work needs to be funded. No idea what the new version of the app will cost but allowing transfers of IAPs is a generous gesture in light of this.

It’s very generous indeed.
    Agreed, the amount of work that they must’ve put into
    rewriting the entire code must’ve been immense.
    Hopefully once the M1’s gain in usage they will be able to
    port it across to the M1’s and open up the market to new users.

• I used to use JamUp Pro but I noticed a trend in the was Positive Grid treated customers. They advertise the crap out of something, I mean - they have the best marketing machine - and then they drop it and try to sell you something new that does the same thing. At that point I got Tonestack and was really happy with it. I’ve had chance to use Bias and Bias 2 and I don’t regret choosing ToneStack. I’ve used THU as well but it works out really expensive. For me, iOS didn’t really become a serious pro platform for guitar until Nembrini came along and I use their stuff for all guitar recording, and ToneStack as a guitar rig type situation for teaching and just jamming things out. I’ve been happy at that. But I do love Yonac Apps, I have them all so I’m really excited to hear that a super improved ToneStack is coming. I’ll definitely demo it. I’m also excited about the new Amplitube though. Recent IK stuff is stunning. I’ll probably demo that too. I think the success of these apps will now depend on the pricing of IAPs and customer relations. Competition is healthy. Also, 20th Anniversary isn’t my go to for dirty sounds but for experimenting with super clean tones, not really amp emulation sounds I’ve found it really pretty awesome.

• I can move my Motherload across for no extra $?

Seals the deal here. I feared the worst, glad to be proven unfounded.

Having said that and echoing others there is a lot of quality competition out there, and that is a Good Thing for all.

• @supadom said:
    It’s amazing how high emotions fly over a $50 app that originally came something like 10 years ago . I see there’s a lot of bitterness that probably comes from the love for the app and then the loss that comes from it not coming back in time.

Johnny’s gone to war.

:) What if Johnny had his balls blown off?

• @steve99 said:

@supadom said:

Johnny’s gone to war.

:) What if Johnny had his balls blown off?

Exactly. The plot thickens....

• Hmmm you may have missed my April 17th update on that same thread :)

We were working on having transfers in the new app, but it did not get approved by Apple. So we had to switch gears a bit. The new app will have a very simplified IAP store and the initial pricing on launch will be VERY heavily discounted.

@wired2moon said:
    On the Yonac forum Jessie saying you will be able to transfer your previous purchases into the new app.

• @Jessie said:
    Hmmm you may have missed my April 17th update on that same thread :)

We were working on having transfers in the new app, but it did not get approved by Apple. So we had to switch gears a bit. The new app will have a very simplified IAP store and the initial pricing on launch will be VERY heavily discounted.

@wired2moon said:
    On the Yonac forum Jessie saying you will be able to transfer your previous purchases into the new app.

I’m in either way.

• How about a TestFlight? Lots of us here are well skilled with testing and you will get a better app because of it.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:
    I used to use JamUp Pro but I noticed a trend in the was Positive Grid treated customers. They advertise the crap out of something, I mean - they have the best marketing machine - and then they drop it and try to sell you something new that does the same thing. At that point I got Tonestack and was really happy with it. I’ve had chance to use Bias and Bias 2 and I don’t regret choosing ToneStack. I’ve used THU as well but it works out really expensive. For me, iOS didn’t really become a serious pro platform for guitar until Nembrini came along and I use their stuff for all guitar recording, and ToneStack as a guitar rig type situation for teaching and just jamming things out. I’ve been happy at that. But I do love Yonac Apps, I have them all so I’m really excited to hear that a super improved ToneStack is coming. I’ll definitely demo it. I’m also excited about the new Amplitube though. Recent IK stuff is stunning. I’ll probably demo that too. I think the success of these apps will now depend on the pricing of IAPs and customer relations. Competition is healthy. Also, 20th Anniversary isn’t my go to for dirty sounds but for experimenting with super clean tones, not really amp emulation sounds I’ve found it really pretty awesome.

I’m right there with you on PG. I won’t spend another dime on them ever again. Amplitube is my favorite in iOS, as well as on Mac. I have a lot in amplitube 4 but hadn’t been able to update to 5 yet, until I found out 2 weeks ago that I had a free license for amplitube 5 SE in my protools account (at least that protools sub is useful for something). The updated versions of the bass amps sound really good. I don’t know what the guitar amps sound like yet as I haven’t had a chance to test.

As for tonestack, I found that after an initial burst of “that sounds cool” I didn’t really find it to be very realistic. In general though there’s something about the sound of yonac’s apps, besides steel guitar and Galileo,, that just doesn’t grab me.

I still prefer a real amp when possible- for bass now I have an old guild thunderbass head that records amazingly well. The downside of course being that I have to be strategic about when I record with it in the house, or reamp it later.