Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The SWAM apps by Audio Modeling has been released

Comments

• The TRUMPET!!! Wow... I can finally fake being a horn player.

• @audiblevideo said:
    The TRUMPET!!! Wow... I can finally fake being a horn player.

😂 Right on! I felt like I was doing something 😆
    I used my K-Board to control it with the tilt button on for pitch bending. So much fun 🤩

• @Gavinski said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@BCKeys said:

@AudioGus said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BCKeys said:
    30$, I find that quite excessive for a single instrument, even if I agree that it's worth it. I was expecting the same price as Geoshred IAP’s.

I had the chance to beta test the iOS apps, they are excellent, without any hesitation.

They don't have a competitor, so they can afford it. Crudebyte Heavy Brass do not achieve this level of quality and expressivity, by far..

I will maybe go for for one or two only, trumpet for sure, maybe the trombone.

I disagree that the price is excessive. It is ridiculously amazing that something of this quality is available at this price. A lot of time and expertise went into the development. The iOS price is much less than the cost on desktop. Developers of software like this aren’t getting rich.

That some people feel like $20 or $30 seems too much for these is an indication of how broken the iOS ecosystem is. People expect professional level software at prices that are too low to justify pros developing for the market.

They did say though that they agree it is worth the price.

Thats true ! I said it’s excessive but it totally worth the price.. 😉

My question is why do we always make a comparison with the desktop price, anybody knows why iOS versions are cheaper? (Spoiler : I don't )

Hackers. My understanding is since iOS a closed system, less money is lost due to cracked versions. Apple typically disables unauthorized apps, so it’s hard to steal on iOS.

Exactly. @espiegel123 makes some very valid point, but this is a hugely important one which was omitted. Tons of ppl making music on desktop never pay a penny for anything, cracks all the way.

A lot of people using cracked software won’t purchase at any price...keeping the software out of every thief’s hands is impossible.

People developing tools for pros know that if they keep the quality up and provide half decent support that pros will pay reasonable prices because pros depend on good tools in order to do good work. One has to put up with a certain amount of theft as a cost of doing business. The question is always is the market of paying customers large enough to support the cost of development and provide enough profit to reward ongoing effort.

When I was a music dev, I am sure that there were many times more pirated copies in use than paid versions. In our case, we had reason to believe that better copy protection would have reduced the number of pirated copies without increasing paid sales...and there was a discussion as to whether the pirated copies ended up being advertising for us since they increased word of mouth. Our paid customers tended to be loyal and as long as we offered new functionality, were happy to purchase reasonably-priced upgrades. (And at the point where the company lost interest in adding new functionality, we lost a lot of points with our users).

So, while it was highly annoying to have all those hacked versions out there, the economic damage was not what it would seem.

• edited January 2021

Good point @espiegel123. Hackers = Marketing. Apple seems to be setting a new security trend with m1 processors. I personally love paying for great stuff! Thank you to all the developers that sacrificed financial gain for their love of music. I hope new technology makes people more honest and willing to sacrifice their hard earned money for other people’s sacrifice of time.

• So I beta’d these the past few weeks. These are the best sounding horns on iOS with a super playable user interface. I’m buying them when the bundle gets here

• But why is iOS missing the advanced features?

• Honestly speaking - most likely to ensure that some people who want maximum control will feel the need to buy the more expensive desktop apps...

• @Gavinski said:
    Honestly speaking - most likely to ensure that some people who want maximum control will feel the need to buy the more expensive desktop apps...

Mmhh, i do not like that really. The iOS bundle might cost about the half as the desktop bundle but is again a stripped down version. So quite the same value I guess. Also remember that you might get better upgrade options on desktop and also might get even cheaper if you buy the everything bundle (but hard to say since just the brass is on iOS yet, maybe as a test bed to see how the market works there).
    Indeed I have no trouble to pay the same or nearly the same but I want then the same features.
    Again its like the pro version is not coming on iOS.

• @Clueless said:

@Gavinski said:
    Honestly speaking - most likely to ensure that some people who want maximum control will feel the need to buy the more expensive desktop apps...

Mmhh, i do not like that really. The iOS bundle might cost about the half as the desktop bundle but is again a stripped down version. So quite the same value I guess. Also remember that you might get better upgrade options on desktop and also might get even cheaper if you buy the everything bundle (but hard to say since just the brass is on iOS yet, maybe as a test bed to see how the market works there).
    Indeed I have no trouble to pay the same or nearly the same but I want then the same features.
    Again its like the pro version is not coming on iOS.

I never said I liked it either, and it is just a guess, but I think it is a fair guess

• Which one would you guys recommend as the best if only buying 1 because of limited budget?

• @israelite said:
    Which one would you guys recommend as the best if only buying 1 because of limited budget?

Really depends on your taste. I'm sure most people will go for the trumpet as that is easily the most used among these instruments in a wide range of genres

• Trumpet I agree.

• I don’t know if pick two now or wait for the bundle. Anyone have an idea of the final price for all instruments?

• @Clueless said:
    But why is iOS missing the advanced features?

Hi there, could you explain what are the difference between the iOS and desktop options (and also with the flexibility offred in geoshred with the geo swam instruments) ?
    Thanks !!

• I got the trumpet but it looks like it shines only when used with an expressive midi controller.
    Also, why most of the options are locked but seem to change when switching presets? A bit of a bummer.

• @israelite said:
    I got the trumpet but it looks like it shines only when used with an expressive midi controller.
    Also, why most of the options are locked but seem to change when switching presets? A bit of a bummer.

I’ve used it with the K-Board so far and it’s great!
    I will try it with my Roli Light Block today.

• edited January 2021

@jazzmess said:

@Clueless said:

Hi there, could you explain what are the difference between the iOS and desktop options (and also with the flexibility offred in geoshred with the geo swam instruments) ?
    Thanks !!

Its a bit like you get a "pro" version on Mac/windows, a "normal" version on SWAM iOS and a "light" player like version inside geoshred.
    I think the SWAM iOS are awesome but if you like to really edit deep and or experiment in terms of sound design the advanced features are great.
    Not sure if some of the advanced options are somewhere hidden in the iOS version but I think they are missing completely (correct me someone if I am wrong).
    There are a lot of advanced features where you can further edit the timbre. Also simple but important things like unison anti phasing if you use more than a single instance from the same instrument etc.

• edited January 2021

@Clueless said:

@jazzmess said:

@Clueless said:

Thanks !!

Its a bit like you get a "pro" version on Mac/windows, a "normal" version on SWAM iOS and a "light" player like version inside geoshred.
    I think the SWAM iOS are awesome but if you like to really edit deep and or experiment in terms of sound design the advanced features are great.
    Not sure if some of the advanced options are somewhere hidden in the iOS version but I think they are missing completely (correct me someone if I am wrong).
    There are a lot of advanced features where you can further edit the timbre. Also simple but important things like unison anti phasing if you use more than a single instance from the same instrument etc.

The advanced features are locked in the app right now. It will probably be an in-app purchase at some point. I think I remember a mention of in-app purchases during the beta.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Clueless said:

@jazzmess said:

@Clueless said:

Thanks !!

The advanced features are locked in the app right now. It will probably be an in-app purchase at some point. I remember a mention of in-app purchases during the beta.

Mmmhh, o.k. also a thing I do not like but well, I have to accept it of course.

• Here it is, from their email: “ Some advanced parameters are locked and we are evaluating to introduce future IAP (in-app purchase) options to unlock all of them and reach the same level of customization as the desktop version”

• @FriedTapeworm said:

@ChrisG said:

@FriedTapeworm said:

@ChrisG said:
    So what’s the difference between a Trumpet and a Trumpet C? Or Flugelhorn and Flugelhorn Eb?

The root note (and key) is different for each, but that only matters for actual trumpet players. When using a keyboard, whatever note you play is the note that comes out. So basically, a Trumpet C will cover a slightly different range of notes than a standard trumpet. SWAM instruments are only able to play notes that the physical instrument is capable of playing.

I’m sure there’s a chart that shows all the brass ranges if you do a google image search.

So which one do key 🎹 players go for though? Since they’ve divided the two ranges into two different apps I assume they are tailored for two completely different audiences.

Either one will work for keys. The trumpet’s range is just slightly higher, pitch wise, than the trumpet C. Similar to how viola and violin look/function similarly, but play a different range of notes. Trumpet and trumpet C is the same concept.

Oh I see, they are different instruments. I thought all trumpets looked and worked the same. 😂👍

• @nickneek said:
    Can anyone see any bundles of these in the AppStore? They are mentioned in the descriptions of the individual instruments.

Bundles take an extra couple days for App Store approval, so we will see it soon.

• I ther> @israelite said:

I got the trumpet but it looks like it shines only when used with an expressive midi controller.

What means most of the options? Only the advanced or also others? I thought the iPad version offers on screen control for all parameters (beside some advanced options).
    I am a bit confused by this release yet.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Here it is, from their email: “ Some advanced parameters are locked and we are evaluating to introduce future IAP (in-app purchase) options to unlock all of them and reach the same level of customization as the desktop version”

Thanks. That might bring it close to desktop prices but this would be O.k.
    I would like to have a choice to buy the desktop bundle which includes then the iOS versions as well (like some developers seems to offer already or plan it, so its possible).

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Here it is, from their email: “ Some advanced parameters are locked and we are evaluating to introduce future IAP (in-app purchase) options to unlock all of them and reach the same level of customization as the desktop version”

Lol. They really want to squeeze money out of people...

If anyone is considering alternatives, here is direct competition to swam (but so far only on Mac)

• @Clueless said:
    I ther> @israelite said:

What means most of the options? Only the advanced or also others? I thought the iPad version offers on screen control for all parameters (beside some advanced options).

What are you confused by?

Some parameters are currently not user adjustable. As mentioned up-thread, there might be a future IAP to unlock them.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Clueless said:
    I ther> @israelite said:

What are you confused by?

Some parameters are currently not user adjustable. As mentioned up-thread, there might be a future IAP to unlock them.

Because it was about "most" options, not only advanced options.
    Whatever, I will wait a bit to see how this evolves on iOS and watch out for some videos.

• With m1 looks like these might become universal🤞

• I wish they had done the strings first and not the brass. My fear is that these won’t sell enough to justify porting the strings over. I’ll do my part and buy a couple instruments.