Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The SWAM apps by Audio Modeling has been released

Comments

• @ion677 said:
    I wish they had done the strings first and not the brass. My fear is that these won’t sell enough to justify porting the strings over. I’ll do my part and buy a couple instruments.

Yeah, Trumpet was the only instrument I had interest in. People scoring films on their iPads may find use for the entire brass collection. I’m definitely interested in the double bass when it drops!

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@ion677 said:
    I wish they had done the strings first and not the brass. My fear is that these won’t sell enough to justify porting the strings over. I’ll do my part and buy a couple instruments.

Yeah, Trumpet was the only instrument I had interest in. People scoring films on their iPads may find use for the entire brass collection. I’m definitely interested in the double bass when it drops!

For me, trumpet and trombone. Those plus the GeoSWAM sax let me mock up a funk/r&b horn section. And flugel is nice for some melodies. While, I'd love strings: the GeoSWAM ports cover that to a degree. I also find that string samples are often reasonable in samplers but horns never sound quite right with sampler.

• @espiegel123 I agree. Great horns are hard to find.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    @espiegel123 I agree. Great horns are hard to find.

And it isn’t because lack of good samples. Horn articulation is so non-uniform and the transition between notes so connected to the notes being connected that samples are hard to make sound realistic without a lot of work or unless you studiously restrict you’re phrasing...imo.

• Anyone know if these pricey wonderful things will work on an M1 Macbook?

• If you are looking for a complementary voice, consider the French Horn. It goes with everything. It's the universal glue that can bond all things together.

Of course, the trumpet, with a Harmon mute, is required for all who worship at the Church of Miles....

• All the people who like super popular ambient music should go for the French horn as well :)

• I will be building my horn section month by month $20 at a time. The Trumpet was fist and I’m MORE than satisfied. I’ve wanted something like this since I first saw physical modeling in Kong synths in the 80’s.

• No videos on this release yet? Does it work with Roli controllers? Thank you

• two questions before I smash the piggy bank...
    are they polyphonic?
    any feedback from using them with GeoShred ?
    Not sure the answers will make any difference though😊

• @fattigman said:
    No videos on this release yet? Does it work with Roli controllers? Thank you

Yes sir, I’ve used my Light Block with it!

• @GeoTony said:
    two questions before I smash the piggy bank...
    are they polyphonic?

I can answer the first one. No, they're monophonic. But remember that you can use polythemus to make mono synths poly:

• Thanks @Gavinski, will have a look at the video.

• 4pockets Talkbox with the trumpet adds some great humaniation!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    4pockets Talkbox with the trumpet adds some great humaniation!

Agreed, Talkworks, though it has some unwanted noises from time to time, sounds good on these swam instruments

• Here is my demo of the SWAM Trumpet, about halfway through I throw on the default Blackhole patch and it sounds epic.

• edited February 2021

@GeoTony said:
    two questions before I smash the piggy bank...
    are they polyphonic?

The last time I tried playing SWAM trumpet with GeoShred control, it was disappointing because I wasn’t able to create presets similar to those I made directly in GeoSwam. Particularly, I couldn’t assign the Expression value (nor Velocity) to the XY Pad.

But maybe this has changed since.

• Are these the same as geoshred IAP or are they better ( because you can also use without geoshred? )

• These Swam instruments will replace all traditional instruments on ipad. Expect to sell ya left nut.

• @sigma79 these Swam instruments are the desktop versions, advanced controls locked for future in-app purchase.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    @sigma79 these Swam instruments are the desktop versions, advanced controls locked for future in-app purchase.

hmm. More money.

What 3 apps from brass collection work well mike?

Will check my iaa apps but I guess these are considered much better.

• edited February 2021

Flughorn sounds good. Trumpet.French horn. Need to check the bassier ones.

How would you play via mpe in a band? Do all brass follow the same note?

Are there mpe recorders yet?

• @sigma79 great questions!
    I was part of the beta, but only bought the trumpet.

All the SWAM instruments are very expressive and sound great!

As far as playing MPE in a band, I’m not in a band myself but here is a page on the Roli website that features artist that use Roli gear:
    https://roli.com/stories?tags=artists

Note: From my understanding some the brass instruments are tuned different: Trumpets: Flugelhorn, Flugelhorn (Eb), Trumpet (Bb), Trumpet (C), Piccolo Trumpet. I’m nowhere near an expert on this. 😂

MPE Recorder, here is a good thread for this topic:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37215/apps-that-record-mpe-midi

I hope this helps!

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    @sigma79 great questions!
    I was part of the beta, but only bought the trumpet.

All the SWAM instruments are very expressive and sound great!

As far as playing MPE in a band, I’m not in a band myself but here is a page on the Roli website that features artist that use Roli gear:
    https://roli.com/stories?tags=artists

Note: From my understanding some the brass instruments are tuned different: Trumpets: Flugelhorn, Flugelhorn (Eb), Trumpet (Bb), Trumpet (C), Piccolo Trumpet. I’m nowhere near an expert on this. 😂

MPE Recorder, here is a good thread for this topic:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37215/apps-that-record-mpe-midi

I hope this helps!

Thanks. Seems like xequence could record. Plus it would be chill so an iaa of brass wouldnt be manic.

What could be good from a bundle is 3 instruments people will likely buy. Then a high and low instrument. It could make people buy 5 for the price of 4, if they were going to buy 3. Sure they are cheap compared to desktop but with needing to buy IAP also. Needs to be a good deal.

• Wait for the bundle to show up to make my decision about if and what to buy.

• I do actually think if people have got some money plus an appaholic/unsure about the apps also. They might buy 5 for the price of 4 instead of 3 or even just a trumpet and then maybe they might even buy other apps when the are £30 to make up a band.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@fattigman said:
    No videos on this release yet? Does it work with Roli controllers? Thank you

Yes sir, I’ve used my Light Block with it!

Thank you.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

Brass horns and woodwinds are built to play in various keys and timbres. Usually has a lot to do with the length of the instrument . A Trumpet that plays in Bb is a little longer than a C Trumpet, the C Trumpet can hit a note or two higher than the Bb. Same with Saxophones. (Tenor Sax is in Bb, I own an antique C-melody Sax that is between a Bb Tenor and an Eb Alto in length and pitch, it plays in key of C.)

• I wish these were universal, I like playing GeoShred on a dedicated phone and would be cool to throw this trumpet on there too