Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The SWAM apps by Audio Modeling has been released

Comments

• Cheers @espiegel123 may I ask if you tried it with Geoshred, ifretless or both? I’m hoping to use one of them in Cubasis with the trumpet.
    I’m gonna owe you as you have helped with me out again... thank you.

• @rud said:
    Cheers @espiegel123 may I ask if you tried it with Geoshred, ifretless or both? I’m hoping to use one of them in Cubasis with the trumpet.
    I’m gonna owe you as you have helped with me out again... thank you.

I tried GeoShred, but there is no reason it wouldnt work with iFretless. I have used a number of external controllers as well as KB-1 and Velocity Keyboard and haven’t run into any problems.

• Once again, thank you @espiegel123

• @ipadbeatmaking said:>
    Thank you! I just realized the Noise packs are all woodwinds and strings, so they are actually a nice temporary compliment until they release those instruments at some point. Still curious how they compare in general when using the seaboard for example. But yeah AU is huge.

Don’t buy the Noise SWAMs. They’re in a walled garden, and the gardener is not trust-worthy. You’ll be very disappointed.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:>
    Thank you! I just realized the Noise packs are all woodwinds and strings, so they are actually a nice temporary compliment until they release those instruments at some point. Still curious how they compare in general when using the seaboard for example. But yeah AU is huge.

Don’t buy the Noise SWAMs. They’re in a walled garden, and the gardener is not trust-worthy. You’ll be very disappointed.

Thanks for the info, I agree. I believe this post was intended to be a response to @marmakin

So has it been officially confirmed by @audiomodeling that none of the parameters in these apps are actually 'locked' and that instead it’s a ‘settings’ thing? Sounds like that's what they're saying but I just want to be completely sure these are 1:1 desktop equivalents.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Thanks for the info, I agree. I believe this post was intended to be a response to @marmakin

So has it been officially confirmed by @audiomodeling that none of the parameters in these apps are actually 'locked' and that instead it’s a ‘settings’ thing? Sounds like that's what they're saying but I just want to be completely sure these are 1:1 desktop equivalents.

That's not what he is saying. Some are locked and will only be unlocked with an IAP, but some that the poster claimed were locked are not actually locked, they just appear faded out at times because they are only relevant when certain other parameters are engaged.

• When you click on ones which will only be unlocked via IAP purchase you get a message telling you so

• @Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

That's not what he is saying. Some are locked and will only be unlocked with an IAP, but some that the poster claimed were locked are not actually locked, they just appear faded out at times because they are only relevant when certain other parameters are engaged.

Got it. Thank you for clearing up the confusion!

@Gavinski said:
    When you click on ones which will only be unlocked via IAP purchase you get a message telling you so

Is there a IAP price listed? Also do you know if ‘complete the bundle’ works for these when you grab them one by one?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Well put, and solid advice haha. But too late! I did so years ago though and already got lots of use out of them when noise was still maintained so I’m happy. I have also tried very hard to get Roli to finally update it to no avail.

• @audiomodeling Thanks for the information! I’ve been looking forward to these for some time and I’m excited to try them 😎

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:
    When you click on ones which will only be unlocked via IAP purchase you get a message telling you so

Is there a IAP price listed? Also do you know if ‘complete the bundle’ works for these when you grab them one by one?

IAPs can never have 'complete the collection' prices unfortunately! This was discussed in the GeoSwam thread and is why they called the GeoSwam sounds 'collection' rather than 'bundle'. And there are no prices yet cos those IAPs are not available currently.

• @Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

IAPs can never have 'complete the collection' prices unfortunately! This was discussed in the GeoSwam thread and is why they called the GeoSwam sounds 'collection' rather than 'bundle'. And there are no prices yet cos those IAPs are not available currently.

My apologies, I wasn’t very clear, let me rephrase my 2nd question for you or anyone else in the know who purchased a single, or non bundle set of these instruments:

will it allow you to ‘complete the bundle’ (In the App Store) when you do that? Or does the bundle price stay ‘static’ and unchanged regardless of how many apps you bought towards completing it?

Thanks

• edited February 2021

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

My apologies, I wasn’t very clear, let me rephrase my 2nd question for you or anyone else in the know who purchased a single, or non bundle set of these instruments:

will it allow you to ‘complete the bundle’ (In the App Store) when you do that? Or does the bundle price stay ‘static’ and unchanged regardless of how many apps you bought towards completing it?

Thanks

Ah, sorry, I don't know bro. I would imagine you should be able to complete the bundle for apps but maybe @audiomodeling could confirm!

• @Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks

Ah, sorry, I don't know bro. I would imagine you should be able to complete the bundle for apps but maybe @audiomodeling could confirm!

Ok thanks! Yes @audiomodeling please confirm! I want to make sure I buy these in the correct format/order

• Yes, I’ve purchased 5 of them and a complete my bundle at a discounted price is available.

• @mikewb ...what instruments did you buy, please?

• edited February 2021

The trumpet, Eb tuba, f French horn, and the tenor trombone. (Misspoke only 4 thus far. Still have two others operational from the beta. The Bb French horn and the flugelhorn.)

• @mikewb said:
    Yes, I’ve purchased 5 of them and a complete my bundle at a discounted price is available.

Thanks for that! Just bought 1 and it properly deducts that amount from the ‘complete my bundle’

Seems we can piece by piece the bundle between now and Feb 22nd for the $85 intro bundle price

• edited February 2021

Just bought my second Swam app - Tenor Trombon - this apps are freakin’ awesome!!

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@mikewb said:
    Yes, I’ve purchased 5 of them and a complete my bundle at a discounted price is available.

Thanks for that! Just bought 1 and it properly deducts that amount from the ‘complete my bundle’

Seems we can piece by piece the bundle between now and Feb 22nd for the $85 intro bundle price

Keep in mind that Apple is a reseller for any 3rd party developer.
    They make the rules for bundles creation, bundles completion, eventual refund, and so on.
    It's not up to us.

For example, we could not create a "SWAM Solo Brass" full bundle, because they allow up to 10 Apps in a bundle. We have 15 Solo Brass Apps.
    Bundle completion is an automatic mechanism they offer at AppStore level, it's not up to us.

Best,
    Emanuele

• which of these apps do i need for the brasssound starting at 1:28:

just realizing i dont know barely anything about brass instruments

• Each one of these bundles would run me 700$ on Desktop. So 80$ is quite fair.

Too bad 80$ is about, oh, I'd say around infinity% more money than I've been making per month in this dystopian fucked up reality we've called the past year.

• edited February 2021

@louis said:
    Each one of these bundles would run me 700$ on Desktop. So 80$ is quite fair.

Too bad 80$ is about, oh, I'd say around infinity% more money than I've been making per month in this dystopian fucked up reality we've called the past year.

Sorry but that is wrong info. You get all 15 with all options in the desktop bundle.
    €600 for all 15 compared to the €390 after the intro price but then you have to do some IAP on iOS to get everything. Not sure maybe €10 per app that would bring it very close to this.

• Here are all the brass SWAMs on desktop... you tell me...

• @rattenjunge said:
    which of these apps do i need for the brasssound starting at 1:28:

just realizing i dont know barely anything about brass instruments

Radio unit by BeepStreet, koala sampler and a bit of patience going through jazz radio stations to find the right sample. I doubt they’d have used modelling software for that sound.

• McDMcD
    edited February 2021

@rattenjunge said:
    which of these apps do i need for the brasssound starting at 1:28:

That's the French Horn in F.

It has a slightly damped sound by placing the left hand in the bell.
    That also increases the back pressure making it easier for this horn to go higher in the
    harmonic series where the notes using the same fingering are close. It's rare for a professional french horn player to have a perfect evening hitting every note spot on. Orchestras often have them playing in unison (playing the same notes) so it increases the odds of the right note being prominent.

French horns can rip up to a note easily so they sound a lot like the huge ram's horns by having a glissando capability.

It's a great sound, for sure.

• @Clueless said:

@louis said:
    Each one of these bundles would run me 700$ on Desktop. So 80$ is quite fair.

Sorry but that is wrong info. You get all 15 with all options in the desktop bundle.
    €600 for all 15 compared to the €390 after the intro price but then you have to do some IAP on iOS to get everything. Not sure maybe €10 per app that would bring it very close to this.

oooof,, you're right. Worst desktop to ios price crossover in iPad history, in that case.

• What’s the resale policy on the desktop plugins I wonder?

• @gusgranite said:
    What’s the resale policy on the desktop plugins I wonder?

To answer my own question, it looks very cryptic! https://support.audiomodeling.com/kb/faq.php?id=45

• @gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:
    What’s the resale policy on the desktop plugins I wonder?

To answer my own question, it looks very cryptic! https://support.audiomodeling.com/kb/faq.php?id=45

From what I read it seems that They can evaluate also the license transfer for IOS but unfortunately the purchases are bound to our Apple ID so no resell for us, is it right?