Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro updated to 10.5 now with live looper and step sequencer

Comments

• Really liking the new 'Quick Sampler'.

Modulating the loop position with the LFOs is nice and pitch detection on my voice works pretty well too so things are always in tune :)

• Only a concern about how well Logic Pro will work on a recent Macbook Air with 128G SSD keeps me from taking the plunge. I'm afraid that I'll like it and be tempted to get a more powerful Mac... I'm currently using Reaper on both PC and Mac platforms, so it's not like I NEED LP, but damn...

• @motmeister said:
    Only a concern about how well Logic Pro will work on a recent Macbook Air with 128G SSD keeps me from taking the plunge. I'm afraid that I'll like it and be tempted to get a more powerful Mac... I'm currently using Reaper on both PC and Mac platforms, so it's not like I NEED LP, but damn...

It runs fine on my 2010 iMac.

• edited May 2020

Another great and free update. I cannot believe EXS24 is finally replaced, wonder happens.
    Nice content and new tools added. I was hoping for new things about Sculpture and Alchemy but still a very great update. Also great with an iPhone/iPad as controller. Powerful set-up.
    Automation everywhere and modulating automations with midi FX is great (of course that was there before but now it is way more powerful with the added tools.
    So Apple still care about music production. :)

• edited May 2020

Mojave users please convince me to leave High Sierra... (I'm on late 12 full maxed mini)

• All i can say is i run the lates macOS Catalina on my late 2013 macbook and everything runs fine.

• That sampler update looks solid. Time to get the trial.

• https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
    Really impressive list for a free point update. This makes my thinking of getting maybe one of the other major DAWs obsolete.

• Awesome new features!

Now compare this to Cubase 10.5 paid upgrade. I think it’s time for me to finally migrate to LPX.
    My local supermarket will be selling iTunes gift cards 15% off starting tomorrow. As if they knew :)

• But watch out, NI plug-ins crashing Logic 10.5. I guess NI will update it in near future. It seems to have to do with the GUI since it just happens if you open the GUI.

• I don’t always update my Mac OS
    But when I do it’s for big Logic updates
    Here it goes.... Wish me luck :D

• edited May 2020

Just had a 30 minute play with this update and the iOS Remote. Wow. This is definitely awesome! I love the fact that you have access to the plug-in FX on the iPad to really micro tweak them to your hearts content.

This is just too amazing honestly...Apple hit a grand slam with this update.

• I'm on High Sierra :(

• @cyberheater said:
    I'm on High Sierra :(

I jumped... I hope don't regret it...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@cyberheater said:

My production music machine doesn't support any higher.

• @cyberheater said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@cyberheater said:

Well I hope mine works fine and it was cheaper when I bought it (400€ with ssd and 16gb ram) so maybe you can find an old machine suitable and cheap. It's a shame for sure (and one of the reasons I'm more and more into hardware solutions)

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@cyberheater said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@cyberheater said:

Well I hope mine works fine and it was cheaper when I bought it (400€ with ssd and 16gb ram) so maybe you can find an old machine suitable and cheap. It's a shame for sure (and one of the reasons I'm more and more into hardware solutions)

I’ve been looking on YouTube and you can install Mojave on unsupported macs. I’m going to give it an go.

• I’m waiting on the Windows version...😂

• XP?

@PhilW said:
    I’m waiting on the Windows version...😂

• Yeah, Logic is now a live audio looper! I can sell my Boomerang III.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Mojave users please convince me to leave High Sierra... (I'm on late 12 full maxed mini)

Mojave is fine, Catalina kills 32bit support, so if you have really old apps that you still want to use, just go to Mojave, not Catalina.

• Now We're Talking!

• edited May 2020

@WillieNegus said:
    RIP Ableton. Just bought a Push 2 thinking this update was still months off. Time to sell it. Probably grab an MPC 1 or LPX. Remote will do for now. I love Ableton but wasn’t looking forward to shelling out a few more hundred to upgrade Live Intro to Suite on top of the Push 2 purchase. Now I don’t have too. Logic was always my fav but Zenbeats on iOS had me fiending for a loop based workflow on desktop. Welp....thanks apple.

IMO, there isn’t a better value out there than a Logic X.

I'm looking at the student version. It's insane. $199 for Mainstage, Logic pro, Final Cut, and 2 other apps? I don't even have a Mac but I'm tempted to buy the app just for the sake of having it (since I'm still a student).

https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/product/BMGE2Z/A/pro-apps-bundle-for-education

• OMG! I dread leaving high Sierra...but this is too good not to

• @WillieNegus - I still gotta get Drambo (lol).

• I really hope one day we will see an 'Export to Logic Pro' option in those apps that already support exporting projects to Ableton Live - Gadget, Koala, Blocs Wave, etc.

• @motmeister said:
    Only a concern about how well Logic Pro will work on a recent Macbook Air with 128G SSD keeps me from taking the plunge. I'm afraid that I'll like it and be tempted to get a more powerful Mac... I'm currently using Reaper on both PC and Mac platforms, so it's not like I NEED LP, but damn...

I think the 90 day trial is still in effect, so if you don’t own it, try it out. Just install the library to an external drive, that 128gb will be used up almost entirely by logic...

• Alright finally finished backing up Everything and then downloading/installing Catalina...

And now it doesn’t even display a logic update In the App Store anymore :# ....

Alright got it to show up now after 15 minutes of dicking around lol

Been all morning /afternoon and still haven’t got to this sweet new logic sampler yet!

Downloading sound content now but my internet keeps dropping haha.

No regerts

• edited May 2020

My migration to Catalina (from launch) was weeks/months-long agony.

Worst update experience ever.

However, I can say that it's all pretty good right now. No real complaints. Solid and stable. Lost a few things in the process, but nothing crucial. Just a LOT of wasted time and troubleshooting.

• Hmmm.
    I actually thought I had updated and was surprised to see I hadn't. Just about to restart with Catalina when I see the numerous one-star reviews on the App Store.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-catalina/id1466841314?l=en-us&mt=12#see-all/reviews

On the fence again....