Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro updated to 10.5 now with live looper and step sequencer

Comments

• @auxmux said:
    The main reason for having Live still is Max for Live.

Maxforlive devices could run on Max as player so no need of Live for maxforlive anymore.
    You can use them as external app until Logic integrate them better which could be a matter of someone coding a bit.

• edited May 2020

@Jumpercollins said:

@klownshed said:

@Samu said:
    The Quick Sampler is growing on me like crazy... Where's is the iPad AUv3 equivalent?

Please Apple, Make it an AUv3 for iPadOS :D

Has anybody noticed just how much bigger the UI is on all the new stuff?

The lablees in Ultra beat are practically invisible on a Retina screen. The drum synths UI is huge.

Big enough to work with a fingertip... 🤫

Yes Agreed wish my MBP had a touch screen.

Only a completely different note, it’s a shame Novation LP Pro MK 3 at least is not compatible for now with the loop functionality or though some of the older Launchpads are best is not always best !

https://novationmusic.com/en/news/launchpad-logic-pro

At least you get also MPE like multi-touch via the trackpad with apps like this f.e. https://audioswiftapp.com
    Once i got used to it it works brilliant. If you have a new macbook with the touch bar there are also some great ways to control Logic (or other DAWs).
    For me it works as good as using my iPhone or iPad. So i really do not need multi-touch on my macbook.
    Sure it is not quite the same as direct touch the GUI on your screen but that is something i do not want often. Sometimes it is nice to see the whole screen but still can use multi-touch on top.
    The latest version even gives "real" velocity like the velocity keyboard app.

• edited May 2020

Please Apple bring the quick sampler to garageband...and allow the step sequencer on everything like logicpro
    Lots of apps will be erased when this happens

The new LPX 10.5 is so good I didn’t sleep at all last night!
    Wow

• edited May 2020

But as great as this update is i wish they had added more layers of nested tracks/groups. Here even NanoStudio 2 is more advanced as Logic. In Logic you only have stacked tracks but you cannot create folders inside folders etc.
    Also on the summed stacked track you cannot use midi FX and so i often have to put an arp in every sub-track when i could just put it in the summed track. This is still a big minus i just thought about again.
    F.e. the Drum Designer is mainly just a stacked track and so you cannot nest it in a stacked track. Only thing you can do is using sub-mix groups which is not what i want.
    So Logic still is not perfect but still my favorite DAW. But i wish they would add this some day.
    I mean there are ways to work around this as well with plug-ins like Unify which can nest plug-ins itself but it will just work for third party plug-ins then.
    Midi routing in general is not on par with other DAWs as well but i can live with that so far.

• edited May 2020

https://cdm.link/2020/05/novation-launchpad-live-loops-grid-in-logic-pro/

This for midi config aside the plugnplay from the launchpads.

• I just discovered the billie eilish session in the new logic release, really fascinating production. And it thrilled my 14 year old daughter, who is a big fan.

• I was finally able to download 10.5. I like the remix tool...glad I sold my RMX-1000 back when the IAA came out...

• I can’t believe it

• @balph said:

@Turntablist said:

@WillieNegus said:

@auxmux said:
    Just got email, Launchpad now works with Live Loops in Logic.

Thanks. Now im definitely selling my Push 2. Ive mapped user mode to control most of Logic even loops but considering you can’t get any feed back in Push LED it’s essentially an overpriced Launchpad without Ableton Live.

I get that Apples answer to Push is Logic Remote but I still want something more tactile than glass.

https://github.com/Ableton/push-interface
    With that available, you would hope that somebody may do a Logic compile of the Push 2 firmware.

That repository doesn’t contain the Push firmware but just documentation how to interface/talk with the Push. I don’t think the Push firmware is open source.

OK firmware was the wrong word, but has fully open support for using all the controls and the display, so you do not need open firmware, that is as open as it needs to be, unless you want to use it on a Pi or something.

• @Clueless said:
    But as great as this update is i wish they had added more layers of nested tracks/groups. Here even NanoStudio 2 is more advanced as Logic. In Logic you only have stacked tracks but you cannot create folders inside folders etc.
    Also on the summed stacked track you cannot use midi FX and so i often have to put an arp in every sub-track when i could just put it in the summed track. This is still a big minus i just thought about again.
    F.e. the Drum Designer is mainly just a stacked track and so you cannot nest it in a stacked track. Only thing you can do is using sub-mix groups which is not what i want.
    So Logic still is not perfect but still my favorite DAW. But i wish they would add this some day.
    I mean there are ways to work around this as well with plug-ins like Unify which can nest plug-ins itself but it will just work for third party plug-ins then.
    Midi routing in general is not on par with other DAWs as well but i can live with that so far.

Stem it out and load it in to Reaper for mixing, NS2 is a cutdown copy of Reapers folder/Bussing/Mixing structure, add to that the next level automation abilities in Reaper and you will soon find that no matter what you compose in, you always find yourself back in Reaper at mixdown ;)

• @Samu said:

@klownshed said:

The lablees in Ultra beat are practically invisible on a Retina screen. The drum synths UI is huge.

Big enough to work with a fingertip... 🤫

Yepp and I like it, it's easier on my eyes too...
    The Quick Sampler feels so 'touch friendly' like it was almost designed to be used by touching it :D

It almost looks like it was designed for iOS first! ;-)

• This update is absolutely brilliant, I can't see myself coming up for days! I recommend the free course on MacProVideo - it goes further into all the new stuff and I've found it very useful: https://www.macprovideo.com/course/logic-pro-x-100---what-s-new-in-logic-pro-x-10-5

• edited May 2020

The new quick sampler is amazing. Being able to drag in any sample and have it automatically tuned and looped makes for a really quick way to try out ideas.

The trap people are gonna love this. To use tuned 808s just drag any kick sample (or region — including midi) into a blank section of the tracks view and make an optimised Q Sampler and play it on your keyboard. That’s it.

For those of us that don’t use 808s as basses it’s equally useful to play back any pitched sample really quickly. It is also useful to tune some precision to suit the song and this gets things into tune instantly.

And I’ve mentioned it before but it’s worth reiterating i think; the quick sampler, along with all the other new Logic features, look like they’re designed for touch from the outset.

I am cautiously optimistic these features might already be part of something potentially arriving soon-ish for iOS.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I just discovered the billie eilish session in the new logic release, really fascinating production. And it thrilled my 14 year old daughter, who is a big fan.

I probably shouldn't post this but I do have the session for "You should see me in a crown..." for iPad or iOS, if you want.

• @Samflash3 said:

@mrufino1 said:
    I just discovered the billie eilish session in the new logic release, really fascinating production. And it thrilled my 14 year old daughter, who is a big fan.

I probably shouldn't post this but I do have the session for "You should see me in a crown..." for iPad or iOS, if you want.

I’d like to see that. Great song, and full of interesting sounds.

• edited May 2020

@mistercharlie said:

@Samflash3 said:

@mrufino1 said:

I’d like to see that. Great song, and full of interesting sounds.

Had to remember the torrent I got it from. Here's the link-
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/go9jbqjptmqs5k9/Billie Eilish.zip?dl=0

Would anyone be able to send it project files for Ocean Eyes? Sadly, I don't have a Mac or Logic.

• @Samflash3 said:

Would anyone be able to send it project files for Ocean Eyes? Sadly, I don't have a Mac or Logic.

Ironically that project doesn't load any audio in GarageBand for Mac but works just fine in Logic...

As for the zip-file, extract it in AudioShare and you should be able to browse the archive and get the files.

• I gave up on logic X for now. Only 4 tracks in live loops, 2 audio loops, one midi. Attempting to record audio of Hydrasynth on fourth track, with midi routed through Bome app from Linnstrument to Hydrasynth. I get crashes every time the loop begins playing(Set to record to cell length).
    Btw same crashes happen with just one track using a software instrument. Maybe it’s the MPE
    I know my Mac is getting long in the tooth but on same machine I have 20 plus tracks in Ableton, absurd amounts of midi going in and out. No crashes. I want to love Logic again like I used to. There so much there, sadly until I can resolve my live loops crashing issue I’ll wait til next update.
    If anyone has any ideas I’d love to hear em.
    I’ve tried various buffer settings.
    Thanks always for the greatest forum ever.
    Put

• @tput73 said:
    I gave up on logic X for now. Only 4 tracks in live loops, 2 audio loops, one midi. Attempting to record audio of Hydrasynth on fourth track, with midi routed through Bome app from Linnstrument to Hydrasynth. I get crashes every time the loop begins playing(Set to record to cell length).
    Btw same crashes happen with just one track using a software instrument. Maybe it’s the MPE
    I know my Mac is getting long in the tooth but on same machine I have 20 plus tracks in Ableton, absurd amounts of midi going in and out. No crashes. I want to love Logic again like I used to. There so much there, sadly until I can resolve my live loops crashing issue I’ll wait til next update.
    Put

Some people use Logic with 100+ tracks no problem. You have a plugin that needs to be updated. This can happen all the time with other DAWS as well. Before updating your DAW, make a backup copy which you can fall back on, if something is not smooth. DAWS need to evolve, change things. Plugins have to adapt. Need time for that.

• @tput73 said:
    I gave up on logic X for now. Only 4 tracks in live loops, 2 audio loops, one midi. Attempting to record audio of Hydrasynth on fourth track, with midi routed through Bome app from Linnstrument to Hydrasynth. I get crashes every time the loop begins playing(Set to record to cell length).
    Put

What Mac is it?

• Machine is a mid 2014 MacBook Pro 2.8ghz i7
    16gb ram. Running Mojave. Billie Elish loads and plays fine.
    About plugins the only one I was using in my 4 track looping project was a logic multi sample instrument. I did restart when updating.
    I do run audio at 48khz sample rate but it’s necessary to make the focusrite clarett and Behringer ADA 8000 work together quietly.

• So now i saw they seems to took some features out i loved. Oh why Apple?
    Like sustain a track, switch to another and it still sustain the track, i used that often. Now it always stop playing then.
    Not good.

• @Clueless said:
    So now i saw they seems to took some features out i loved. Oh why Apple?
    Like sustain a track, switch to another and it still sustain the track, i used that often. Now it always stop playing then.
    Not good.

I’m not exactly following your description, but it may be worth digging around the settings to see if that’s an option. Are you referring to something like audio tails sustaining? I know in reaper that’s an option. If it’s behavior in logic that changed, it might be something I never noticed or that doesn’t apply to my workflow.

• @tput73 said:
    Machine is a mid 2014 MacBook Pro 2.8ghz i7
    About plugins the only one I was using in my 4 track looping project was a logic multi sample instrument. I did restart when updating.
    I do run audio at 48khz sample rate but it’s necessary to make the focusrite clarett and Behringer ADA 8000 work together quietly.

That should be doing more than you indicated then, because the Billie Eilish session is loaded with plugins, albeit all logic stock plugins, at least in this session.

• @tput73 said:
    Machine is a mid 2014 MacBook Pro 2.8ghz i7

Something isn’t right. I have a similar spec MBP and I’ve not come close to hitting cpu limits.

I’ve even run live loops I made on GarageBand on my iPad Air 2 that has dozens of audio loops and a handful of midi loops without problems.

Those live loops projects I’ve loaded into logic literally don’t make the cpu meters register anything.

I’ve never had to even think about how hungry a plugin is. Even running loads of reason racks the cpu meters are all very low.

Might be worth going into the plugin manager and disabling all the third party plugins then re-enabling them one by one.

So yeah. Logic ain’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination but on your Mac you should easily be able to run dozens and dozens of tracks Loaded with plugins without breaking sweat.

Maybe one of the loops is corrupt?

• so the new update isn’t Compatible with the launchpad pro mk3 yet but it is for the x and mini.

I was looking at the pro mk3 hard... hopefully it gets added soon!

• @klownshed
    Well I disabled all 3rd party plugins. Even kept them disabled, same thing. Crash, really a freeze up, audio begins repeating superfast, playhead stops,but transport keeps going, commence beach ball and force quit.
    It even happens with One track, just a logic instrument looping midi, no extra effects or plugins. I’m stumped

• edited May 2020

@Samu said:

@Samflash3 said:

Ironically that project doesn't load any audio in GarageBand for Mac but works just fine in Logic...

As for the zip-file, extract it in AudioShare and you should be able to browse the archive and get the files.

Yeah, it's all live loops. I don't think (for now) that Garageband for Mac has Live loops. iOS or iPad OS should be fine.

• @mrufino1 said:

@Clueless said:
    Not good.

I’m not exactly following your description, but it may be worth digging around the settings to see if that’s an option. Are you referring to something like audio tails sustaining? I know in reaper that’s an option. If it’s behavior in logic that changed, it might be something I never noticed or that doesn’t apply to my workflow.

No, i mean just sustain forever. If i have f.e. 2 tracks i could play a chord hold sustain and then switch to the next track, the first continue to sustain as long as i switch back and hit again sustain to turn it of. Now if i try that Logic automatic stop the sustain if i change to another track.
    The old way i could sustain f.e. 3 tracks and play melody on the 4th and so on.
    Maybe there is a setting somewhere hidden but so far i failed. Before it just works out of the box.
    This is a big contra for me personally.

• @Clueless said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Clueless said:
    Not good.

No, i mean just sustain forever. If i have f.e. 2 tracks i could play a chord hold sustain and then switch to the next track, the first continue to sustain as long as i switch back and hit again sustain to turn it of. Now if i try that Logic automatic stop the sustain if i change to another track.
    The old way i could sustain f.e. 3 tracks and play melody on the 4th and so on.
    Maybe there is a setting somewhere hidden but so far i failed. Before it just works out of the box.
    This is a big contra for me personally.

Oh, you’re talking midi tracks and sustain pedal? I thought you meant something else.