Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro updated to 10.5 now with live looper and step sequencer

123457»

Comments

• Whilst there is the extra step (compared to live) of switching on flex mode you can do a “select all” and do it all in one go.

You can still choose different algorithms to the auto selected ones if required (for example choose slicing mode instead of polyphonic).

With “slice” mode selected as the flex time algo, the audio itself doesn’t actually need to be sliced — If you quantise audio with the slicing algo the clips will be moved to play in time but not stretched. The other algorithms time stretch the audio.

It’s pretty powerful. Flex pitch is good too, it is similar in style to melodyne.

If you prefer the workflow in live then you might not like the way Logic does it.

And vice versa.

• @Samu said:

@kobamoto said:
    @Clueless garage band on iOS can't do this right?

Nope and that's why it would be so nice if GarageBand iOS would get Flex Time & Pitch :)

That's why I use Reslice for this. You can set the transients (Attack, Decay, Release) directly in the app. You can pitch shift a particular section. Then, you control the drums with your MIDI information. Plus, if you use my "Send Audio to app" shortcut, you can easily transfer loops between apps to another. https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

It's not the same thing (but it doesn't have to be) We're iOS producers, and since the app is AUv3, we can use this in multiple DAWs and DAWless combinations. Way better than being locked to one app (Beatmaker 3).

Best part, Reslice's still on sale until the end of May.

I'm releasing a video in a week or two which will cover a way to use an app that you might already have got this year. It'll change the way you see iOS apps.

Check out #SEONN for more information

• edited May 2020

Garage Band iOS should have nearly every Logic engine hidden and it would be nice if they start with something like the full Alchemy, then ChromaVerb, then Sculpture .....ah i want it all :)
    I read today again about iOS Logic rumors but not sure if and how that might happen.
    I never expect the full thing on iOS anytime but at least they could bring GarageBand to the next level.
    It is so easy and fast to just create great Logic patches to perform kind of surprising expressive even playing on my computer keyboard which i need 20 times longer to do that in any iOS DAW. If they just could bring that to iOS since no iOS DAW seems to deliver here. I mean simple things like creating a multi patch with different midi FX, instruments and FX, save it, copy it and set different octaves. Easy said something you might build with Audiobus or AUM but inside a DAW and then you could just copy the whole thing to another track put different octaves on it or split them and so on. NS2 comes close (and is even more advanced as Logic in terms of creating tracks within tracks within tracks etc.) but it will not let me save such a whole set-up of a group, save it and let me copy it and so on. Especially on a little touch screen i need to do less steps to achieve a result but it is vice versa yet.
    Other major DAWs might do the same but so far i like the instruments and FX in Logic the most. I actually found a lot new love for the Studio Strings and the split chord feature.
    I´m sure you can do all quite the same with iOS apps but it takes much longer and needs connecting several apps where often one brick the thing (of course that can happen in Logic as well).
    Still really a pain for me that they "removed" some of my favorite features for live playing (i mean things like the missing sustain thing i mentioned).
    But then Logic 10.5 also breath new life in a lot of my iOS apps which i now can sample without the workaround trough Mainstage (which is now of no use for me since i bought it just for the autosampler). The new sampler together with the intern Logic tools can really breath new life into it. On top i get very low on cpu and 64 voices per instrument.

• edited May 2020

This is strange but fun and shows how easy it is to be creative.
    Sorry, it is in german but it is kind of self explaining anyway. But skip it if you will not hear some starnge german ;)
    I mean these things are possible since years already and there are tons of videos with samplers but Logic quick sampler seems especially introducing new fun into such things, at least for Logic users.
    I actually really like the Hammond like sound. How easy is that? :)

• @Clueless said:
    Sorry, it is in german but it is kind of self explaining anyway. But skip it if you will not hear some starnge german ;)
    I mean these things are possible since years already and there are tons of videos with samplers but Logic quick sampler seems especially introducing new fun into such things, at least for Logic users.

I also watched it before and recommended it to a friend 😄 We funny germans.. people might not only be confused by the german but also by the Helge Schneider voice that also is present in my circles 😄

• @jacou said:

@Clueless said:

I also watched it before and recommended it to a friend 😄 We funny germans.. people might not only be confused by the german but also by the Helge Schneider voice that also is present in my circles 😄

One thing I love about the QuickSampler is how well the automatic pitch detection works :)
    It's loads of fun... (And well loop points etc. can be modulated with LFOs and synced to tempo etc. etc.).

• @Samu said:

@jacou said:

@Clueless said:

One thing I love about the QuickSampler is how well the automatic pitch detection works :)
    It's loads of fun... (And well loop points etc. can be modulated with LFOs and synced to tempo etc. etc.).

Yes very powerful! Still have to try it out though. When it comes to using a microphone I tend to be a bit lazy these days #midi
    One little but significant improvement that I enjoy about the 10.5 update is that you can change the q of the Logic EQ with your mouse wheel now. Got used to it when using Pro-Q and never enjoyed using the Logic EQ because of that.

• @klownshed said:
    Whilst there is the extra step (compared to live) of switching on flex mode you can do a “select all” and do it all in one go.

You can still choose different algorithms to the auto selected ones if required (for example choose slicing mode instead of polyphonic).

With “slice” mode selected as the flex time algo, the audio itself doesn’t actually need to be sliced — If you quantise audio with the slicing algo the clips will be moved to play in time but not stretched. The other algorithms time stretch the audio.

It’s pretty powerful. Flex pitch is good too, it is similar in style to melodyne.

If you prefer the workflow in live then you might not like the way Logic does it.

And vice versa.

yeah the extra slicing and quantizing stuff is kinda I dunno, but If I wasn't an Ableton Live user I'm sure I would not have paid those things much attention, if this really comes to iOS it will be amazing

• What's New in Version 10.5.1 - Jun 11, 2020:

• This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes

• I've just bought Logic. Been using the trial for the last 3 months. First major investment in a DAW since Reason.

• @cyberheater said:
    I've just bought Logic. Been using the trial for the last 3 months. First major investment in a DAW since Reason.

I've had Logic and Reason since v1 of both.

I skipped Reason upgrades from v4 until the latest v11; Reason in a rack within Logic is fantastic. I never liked using Reason standalone and reWire was a nightmare.

I hate to think how much I've spent on Logic over the years. I think it cost about £400 in 1993 and it was MIDI only then! It's been my main sequencer for nearly 30 years.

Blimey. That makes me feel very old.

• @klownshed said:

@cyberheater said:
    I've just bought Logic. Been using the trial for the last 3 months. First major investment in a DAW since Reason.

I've had Logic and Reason since v1 of both.

I skipped Reason upgrades from v4 until the latest v11; Reason in a rack within Logic is fantastic. I never liked using Reason standalone and reWire was a nightmare.

I hate to think how much I've spent on Logic over the years. I think it cost about £400 in 1993 and it was MIDI only then! It's been my main sequencer for nearly 30 years.

Blimey. That makes me feel very old.

That makes me feel better about my purchase. It seems like it's very solid.
    I did have a version of Logic 9 years ago but back then I was a devout Reason user. I too have had it since Reason 1.

I agree that Reason racks in Logic is amazing. A game changer for me. The one thing I've requested for a long time for Reason is Track Freeze and now I don't have to bother as Logic has it.