Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS Alpha Synthesizer by BLEASS

Comments

• @jipumarino said:
    @bleassapp is there a chance of making the envelope controls react relative to the current position instead of jumping to where I start sliding from?

Could you please reformulate your question? I don't get it right

• @anickt said:

@richardyot said:

@bleassapp said:
    Thank you all for your remarks and @richardyot for pointing that out! we will work on this and should bring some improvements in the coming updates regarding this enveloppe behaviour. But please note that all synths do not necessarily behave the same way.
    In this case, if you apply really long attack and release, they will tend to overlap if you play the same note again so a workaround in this very case could be to add a long attack to your filter envelope as well (and not only on the amp adsr)

Thanks for looking into this :)

Increasing the filter envelope does help, but it doesn't eliminate the problem. You can't really make ambient music with Alpha due to this behaviour, so IMO it is a pretty big deal 🎹

I was able to get good results without any issues by setting both amp and filter envelopes to max attack and decay. Make sure the mod envelope is turned off. If it’s modulating pitch you will hear it as a blip on re-strike.

PS - what I hear on your video sounds like the filter envelope re-triggering FWIW

BTW Doug made this huge video with Pads only last night. COOL BEANS ! ;)

• Nice touch adding the bit crusher effect to the app. It sounds really nice on the square waves

• Here, my latest post using two instances of Alpha and sampled sound from Ripplemaker.

• @bleassapp said:

@jipumarino said:
    @bleassapp is there a chance of making the envelope controls react relative to the current position instead of jumping to where I start sliding from?

Could you please reformulate your question? I don't get it right

Actually, nevermind. It looks that most apps I use have faders/sliders that can be picked up from anywhere across therid length, and then the fader knob moves relative to where one started the interaction. That said, I spent some quality time on the bus with Alpha today and I'm already getting used to the faders behavior.

Thanks for getting back to me though!

• Hi Guys,

Thank you all again for the warm welcome you gave to the BLEASS Alpha Synthesizer release!
    We are happy to bring you this update with some more new features that some of you have asked for:

• Bluetooth Audio
    • Midi over Bluetooth
    • Vibrato parameters : speed & amount
    • Master Detune parameter
    • Double-tap to reset parameters for knobs and sliders
    • New presets by Jordan Rudess!

Please note that other features are being developed, so stay tuned!

Download / Update the BLEASS Alpha Synth here: http://bit.ly/AlphaSynth

Follow BLEASS for more tips and tutorials!

https://www.instagram.com/bleassapps/
    https://www.youtube.com/BLEASS

• @bleassapp said:
    Hi Guys,

Thank you all again for the warm welcome you gave to the BLEASS Alpha Synthesizer release!
    We are happy to bring you this update with some more new features that some of you have asked for:

• Bluetooth Audio
    • Midi over Bluetooth
    • Vibrato parameters : speed & amount
    • Master Detune parameter
    • Double-tap to reset parameters for knobs and sliders
    • New presets by Jordan Rudess!

Please note that other features are being developed, so stay tuned!

Download / Update the BLEASS Alpha Synth here: http://bit.ly/AlphaSynth

Follow BLEASS for more tips and tutorials!

https://www.instagram.com/bleassapps/
    https://www.youtube.com/BLEASS

Great news. Thanks very much for your effort on this tremendous sounding synth.

• @bleassapp is there a way to turn background audio off and stop accidental battery drain?

• 😎👍🏼

• @ahallam said:
    @bleassapp is there a way to turn background audio off and stop accidental battery drain?

Also, is there a way to turn down the latency?

It seems to have more latency than all my other synths.

• What VST would y'all most compare this too?

• Soooo/ Jordan Rudess presets met Borderlands / I won’t apologize

• Win one of 3 codes for Alpha Synth

• edited February 2020

@bleassapp downloaded your delay/reverb/alpha .... fantastic job ! tx

• @bleassapp So with the updates to alpha, is the BLEASS filter the only one of your AUv3 apps that doesn’t do double tap for value reset? Would you consider adding double tap to reset on BLEASS filter as well?

• Hi guys

thank you all for the cool videos (thank you @iOSTRAKON and @Shazamm ! ), as well as your feedback!

@ahallam Regarding the Alpha, the background audio is on by default. If you fear for your battery life, we advice to kill the app through task manager.
    @jolico Regarding latency, you can change it when Alpha is loaded in a host such as AUM. Then the host's buffer size will prevail. But by default, the Alpha latency is very low! if you feel you have some latency, it's probably due to the use of Bluetooth headphones
    @ohwell thanks for the input about the filter. we will note this and discuss it with the dev team.

• You’re welcome! I apologize for turning your app into a noise fest 😂

@bleassapp said:
    Hi guys

thank you all for the cool videos (thank you @iOSTRAKON and @Shazamm ! ), as well as your feedback!

@ahallam Regarding the Alpha, the background audio is on by default. If you fear for your battery life, we advice to kill the app through task manager.
    @jolico Regarding latency, you can change it when Alpha is loaded in a host such as AUM. Then the host's buffer size will prevail. But by default, the Alpha latency is very low! if you feel you have some latency, it's probably due to the use of Bluetooth headphones
    @ohwell thanks for the input about the filter. we will note this and discuss it with the dev team.

• I love this app.

• @kinkujin said:
    I love this app.

I deleted it, because it doesn’t have a randomizer (as far as I know).
    I kept Magellan 2.

• @jolico said:

@kinkujin said:
    I love this app.

I kept Magellan 2.

lol. thanks for letting us know 😂😂🤣🤣

• @dreamrobe said:

@jolico said:

@kinkujin said:
    I love this app.

I kept Magellan 2.

Shame you can’t lend it to me for the week to see if I want to buy the app :p

• @dreamrobe said:

@jolico said:

@kinkujin said:
    I love this app.

I kept Magellan 2.

Thanks for helping with the “lack of randomizers awareness campaign”.

• Interesting thing to me about this app ... usually when I get a new synth, I rip through the presets to see what the synth is capable of. While auditioning sounds, I'm thinking that I'll want to do this or that with this synth. It will serve this need or whatever. I blow through them and then get back to Star Trek.

With this synth, I stopped and immediately started playing and tweaking. I was stuck basically on two presets and just kept at it. So much fun. The interface is beautifully designed to encourage you to get right in there and start editing/designing. I enjoy the sound and the ease of the modulation layout. Just marvelous and I really really like it. Top stuff!

• @kinkujin said:
    Interesting thing to me about this app ... usually when I get a new synth, I rip through the presets to see what the synth is capable of. While auditioning sounds, I'm thinking that I'll want to do this or that with this synth. It will serve this need or whatever. I blow through them and then get back to Star Trek.

With this synth, I stopped and immediately started playing and tweaking. I was stuck basically on two presets and just kept at it. So much fun. The interface is beautifully designed to encourage you to get right in there and start editing/designing. I enjoy the sound and the ease of the modulation layout. Just marvelous and I really really like it. Top stuff!

Glad you like it, @kinkujin
    I do too. It’s marvelous for different stuff.

• @MrBlaschke said:

@kinkujin said:
    Interesting thing to me about this app ... usually when I get a new synth, I rip through the presets to see what the synth is capable of. While auditioning sounds, I'm thinking that I'll want to do this or that with this synth. It will serve this need or whatever. I blow through them and then get back to Star Trek.

Glad you like it, @kinkujin
    I do too. It’s marvelous for different stuff.

Great minds think alike and all that. So do stupid ones now that I think of it. hehehe

• @kinkujin
    Yup :smiley:
    On a sidenote: I’ll get to you via email soon!

• @jolico said:

@dreamrobe said:

@jolico said:

@kinkujin said:
    I love this app.

I kept Magellan 2.

Thanks for helping with the “lack of randomizers awareness campaign”.

It's such a simple synth structure, not really a need for randomization

• Looking forward to it @MrBlaschke .

• WOW

Just bought all the Bleass apps except for the Groovebox. They are all really good and lots of fun. I was surprised, because people seemed a bit unsure. I had sort of got it into my head that they were going to be a tad boring - couldn’t have been more wrong!

• @jolico said:

@kinkujin said:
    I love this app.

I kept Magellan 2.

You are kidding right?