Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Novation Launchpad Pro (Mk 3).... Hardware

123457»

Comments

• @pete12000 said:
    Question for Launchpad Pro Mk3 owners....

In the sequencer, can you record into a chain of patterns?

The idea is: from the Patterns page, I chain two empty patterns, hit record, then live play 64 steps continuously. These 64 steps are then spread across two chained patterns.

I think I saw it in a YT video, but I'm not finding the answer, including in the manual.

Yep. I just double checked for you.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@pete12000 said:

The idea is: from the Patterns page, I chain two empty patterns, hit record, then live play 64 steps continuously. These 64 steps are then spread across two chained patterns.

I think I saw it in a YT video, but I'm not finding the answer, including in the manual.

Awesome! Thanks @SpookyZoo. My biggest concern was the 32 step limitation. I think I may have to pick one up. How are you liking it?

• @pete12000 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@pete12000 said:

Awesome! Thanks @SpookyZoo. My biggest concern was the 32 step limitation. I think I may have to pick one up. How are you liking it?

It's a great bit of kit.

Setting up Custom Layouts with the MIDI widgets is one of my favourite features.

If you don't have one of the USB-C iPads you'll need to power it, but it's not been an issue for me.

It's great for iPad, but a bonus If you're an Ableton user too.

• edited May 2021

Just one down side for me at the moment that I hope they change in future, is that ALL incoming MIDI notes are recorded into the sequencer. So if you have MIDI coming in from 4 different channels, it won't split those across the tracks, it will all get recorded onto the one sequencer track.

• Just took the opportunity to try out the new GR-16 Launchpad support too. Good stuff!

• edited May 2021

Yes, you can do this, but the patterns need to be sequential.
    You and chain patterns 1 and 2, but not 1 and 7. You can chain patterns 123, and 4 to make 128 steps, but not 1,2,5, and 8
    This works for both recording and playback. And on a per track basis.
    You can chain patterns, 1&2 on track 1, and chain 6&7 on track 2. Each track (4 of them) have 8 patterns each, and can be chained however you want as long as the patterns are sequencial (I.E. don’t have to work with chaining 1&2 across all 4 tracks)

Edit: all of this x 64 projects

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Just took the opportunity to try out the new GR-16 Launchpad support too. Good stuff!

I tried mine with it and everything seems to be working. I just need to figure out how to use GR16 for something else other than EDM. If I can’t, we’ll, then I won’t be using GR16 lol 😆

• I’m really into the idea of creating ideas in the sequencer on LPP and then transferring these ideas into Atom.

I know that the print-to-clip function isn’t working with IOS (but might be coming in a future update for Atom???), but I’m curious to hear about any workarounds that you guys use to move midi data from LPP’s sequencer to apps like Atom and LK?

I’ve tried to look for something about running LPP as a “midi slave”, so it syncs with AUM’s timing, but I can’t seem to find out how to do it (if possible at all?).

• the LPP will sync to AUMs clock. as AUM won't accept midi clock, the LPP cannot be the master clock.
    i just record the midi into iOS sequencers when needed.

• I use MIDI Link Sync and record the LPP3 into Xequence 2.

• edited January 2022

Just recently picked up a MK3 and set my self a load of custom modes up, just out of curiosity I thought I'd try my wireless midi adapters with the breakout cables to see if they worked and lo and behold they do... I really wasn't expecting to be able to turn it into a Bluetooth controller..

• @symianbeatz how did you power mk3 when you used it with the wireless adapter?

• @fattigman said:
    @symianbeatz how did you power mk3 when you used it with the wireless adapter?

Usb powerbank fella worked just fine..

• @symianbeatz said:

@fattigman said:
    @symianbeatz how did you power mk3 when you used it with the wireless adapter?

Usb powerbank fella worked just fine..

Is there a benefit to doing this vs plugging it in? I’ve been considering this myself

• edited January 2022

Not so much, I was just curious wether or not it would work and it does, so In theory you could have your iPad mounted or on a stand further away than would normally be possible, I'm going to test it tomorrow hooked up to Ableton to see if you can launch clips hardwired and use the custom modes wirelessly at the same time.. just ran out of time to mess around today..

• edited January 2022

Further to my last post I've tried using the launchpad with Ableton hardwired and via Bluetooth to the iPad in custom mode and it all works, you can launch clips, use note mode etc., All the great Ableton stuff and still control an iPad set using non master midi channels via Bluetooth simultaneously.. winner... Super powerful...

• @symianbeatz said:
    Just recently picked up a MK3 and set my self a load of custom modes up, just out of curiosity I thought I'd try my wireless midi adapters with the breakout cables to see if they worked and lo and behold they do... I really wasn't expecting to be able to turn it into a Bluetooth controller..

@symianbeatz
    What make of wireless midi adaptors have you used to create that setup?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@symianbeatz said:

@symianbeatz
    What make of wireless midi adaptors have you used to create that setup?

BM-A01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter 5-PIN DIN Interface Converter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XDGXCQC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_K9MBBFPVA3KYRJFM0G3V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• I thought I’d add my 3 cons of launchpads to balance out the convo.

1. No faders
    2. Higher power consumption especially for those still on lightning devices.
    3. Almost unusable outdoors on a sunny day due to lights not being bright enough.

I used to have LPX and LPP mk 1 and both sailed by. I’m using Circuit Tracks as a controller and couldn’t be happier but I dread if/when I need to use it outdoors.

• @supadom said:

I used to have LPX and LPP mk 1 and both sailed by. I’m using Circuit Tracks as a controller and couldn’t be happier but I dread if/when I need to use it outdoors.

I love my LPP, but I had to play one gig outside. Even though I was under a canopy that blocked out the sun, it was totally useless. I had to navigate on the iPad instead. Fortunately, I very rarely play outdoor gigs, but it was quite stressful and much worse than I had feared.

• @galmandsværk said:

@supadom said:

I love my LPP, but I had to play one gig outside. Even though I was under a canopy that blocked out the sun, it was totally useless. I had to navigate on the iPad instead. Fortunately, I very rarely play outdoor gigs, but it was quite stressful and much worse than I had feared.

I had a similar situation with OG Circuit. It felt like driving blind. I ended up using my guitar more to compensate which resulted in more rocky sound overall.

I think those controllers were mainly designed for night club type environments or just jamming at home. It’s a pity because they look great and scale playing on circuit allows for a lot of interesting ways of playing. This is great for things like arp triggering as you can save a chord to one pad and playing perfect arps is a doddle.

• Novation released a firmware update (1.2.2) that fixes the Aftertouch threshold issue. Now I can use both channel and poly AT comfortably regardless of how hard I strike or tap the pads! Before the update, touching a pad, even at the slightest, caused the AT value to peak before it could be controlled.

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    Novation released a firmware update (1.2.2) that fixes the Aftertouch threshold issue. Now I can use both channel and poly AT comfortably regardless of how hard I strike or tap the pads! Before the update, touching a pad, even at the slightest, caused the AT value to peak before it could be controlled.

Great news, thank you 😊