Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Novation Launchpad Pro (Mk 3).... Hardware

Comments

• I will love a LaunchControl XL pro...

Even with 5x8 ala Circuit... pro!

• edited January 2020

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:
    I don't know much about this thing but if it had knobs like my Circuit I would want to know a lot more.

$349 USD

Novation Circuit is $329 (yes I get this probably does more as a sequencer) but from a simple first impression, curb appeal point of view that price argues against it because in my mind if you stripped the synth engine, sample engine, fx out of a Circuit to make a Cirquencer (which would still have knobs where you can sequence CC) you could probably make a really slimmed down sequencer/controller for like $150 or less. So where is the extra 200$ going? More pads and a fair bit more notation sequencing features I guess. But no knobs... if it had knobs I really would be counting my pennies for it.

If it had knobs it would no longer be a LaunchPAD

I don’t care what it is called heh

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    I will love a LaunchControl XL pro...

Clean up the weird ass photoshop form factor and I am interested.

• edited January 2020

@AudioGus said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    I will love a LaunchControl XL pro...

Clean up the weird ass photoshop form factor and I am interested.

photoshop says... KEYNOTE!

My design skills are less valuable than crap. I can work for Roland surely...
    :trollface:

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:
    Honestly it doesn’t need knobs since you can customize it to make the pads = knobs via the editor. I do this with the launchpad x to act as faders in AUM.

How does that work? Pressure determines cc value?

Either a vertical or horizontal length of the pads becomes the button...you slide your finger along the row of buttons to go up and down...hope that makes sense..

• @echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:
    Honestly it doesn’t need knobs since you can customize it to make the pads = knobs via the editor. I do this with the launchpad x to act as faders in AUM.

Either a vertical or horizontal length of the pads becomes the button...you slide your finger along the row of buttons to go up and down...hope that makes sense..

Velocity does determine the rate of change, though.

• @echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

Very cool and color me very interested. So can you split the interface for keys one half, cc pads on the other?

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

Very cool and color me very interested. So can you split the interface for keys one half, cc pads on the other?

Yep. The Editor allows you to create a template to your liking.

. Vertical slider
    . 1-2 Octave keyboard locked to Scale and Key
    . Dedicated cc# buttons

It’s a cool Editor with some cool features.

• @echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

. Vertical slider
    . Dedicated cc# buttons

Oh right... novation with the non-ios editor scenario... hmm

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

. Vertical slider
    . Dedicated cc# buttons

Oh right... novation with the non-ios editor scenario... hmm

Assuming Novation doesn't come out with Components for iOS at NAMM, @leehu might be able to save us here.

• @AudioGus heres a quick overview vid of the tool:

• @AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:
    I don't know much about this thing but if it had knobs like my Circuit I would want to know a lot more.

$349 USD

Novation Circuit is $329 (yes I get this probably does more as a sequencer) but from a simple first impression, curb appeal point of view that price argues against it because in my mind if you stripped the synth engine, sample engine, fx out of a Circuit to make a Cirquencer (which would still have knobs where you can sequence CC) you could probably make a really slimmed down sequencer/controller for like $150 or less. So where is the extra 200$ going? More pads and a fair bit more notation sequencing features I guess. But no knobs... if it had knobs I really would be counting my pennies for it.

The marketing peeps do though ;) haha

I got the LP Mini mk3, and my initial impression was that it was OK but nothing special compared to the previous models....until I dug into the custom views that is....each pad can send to specific MIDI channels, can send note, Program change or CC and then you have the widgets also which give you the ability to add keyboards, switches and sliders.
    MIDISynthControl works very well for an iOS based template editor, I guess it would be quite easy for @leehu to add LP Pro to this once he can get his hands on a unit.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

$349 USD

I got the LP Mini mk3, and my initial impression was that it was OK but nothing special compared to the previous models....until I dug into the custom views that is....each pad can send to specific MIDI channels, can send note, Program change or CC and then you have the widgets also which give you the ability to add keyboards, switches and sliders.
    MIDISynthControl works very well for an iOS based template editor, I guess it would be quite easy for @leehu to add LP Pro to this once he can get his hands on a unit.

I do have midi synth control for Circuit but it hasn’t got very much use. If I could upload samples I probably would. Can we backup and restore all the sessions with it now?

• @echoopera said:
    @AudioGus heres a quick overview vid of the tool:

Shame no iOS support.

• @AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

$349 USD

I do have midi synth control for Circuit but it hasn’t got very much use. If I could upload samples I probably would. Can we backup and restore all the sessions with it now?

tbh I only use the synth edit functions of MSC with Circuit.

• edited January 2020

And I’m thinking, why can’t one of these gifted iOS developers bring something like this to the iPad (if less the playability of the pads).. The iPad has its advantages, labeling of pads, etc.

I’ll pay good money for an Uber LPP Mk3..

• @RajahP said:
    And I’m thinking, why can’t one of these gifted iOS developers bring something like this to the iPad (if less the playability of the pads).. The iPad has its advantages, labeling of pads, etc.

I’ll pay good money for an Uber LPP Mk3..

that is always the question isn't it :(

• honestly we just need an iOS browser to support midi since components is on the web.

• I like the slab sided form factor. I hope the launch control gets the same treatment.

• I keep coming up with use cases for this thing and the most obvious and potentially super fun one just occurred to me this morning: four track sequencer for use with AUM!

Yasssss!

• wish someone sold a otg cable with a built in lipstick sized battery injecting power.. be perfect with ios and external controllers like this?

anyone know?

• Powered hub then power the hub with ripcord and external battery.

• edited January 2020

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Powered hub then power the hub with ripcord and external battery.

thanks for the info.. but for me that’s three extra items to plug in on top of ipad, camera connection dongle, usb wire, and the midi controller. try juggling that on the bus or a plane.. pass.. too ugly for me..

• @jollyDodger said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Powered hub then power the hub with ripcord and external battery.

thanks for the info.. but for me that’s three extra items to plug in on top of ipad, camera connection dongle, usb wire, and the midi controller. try juggling that on the bus or a plane.. pass.. too ugly for me..

Sadly I think there is no other solution almost with lightning. Maybe with usb-c new pros there’s an option I don’t know (or can’t remember)

• Got the good news for delivery tomorrow! @jollyDodger - not the all-perfect solution, but this USB Host-to-Lightning cable works great with many devices. https://amazon.com/dp/B07FLWN6G4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_v7CkEbVQ6S0VG.

• Price on new LPAD PRO?

• @Aud_iOS said:
    Got the good news for delivery tomorrow! @jollyDodger - not the all-perfect solution, but this USB Host-to-Lightning cable works great with many devices. https://amazon.com/dp/B07FLWN6G4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_v7CkEbVQ6S0VG.

Mine arrived Saturday! Wahoo!

• @papertiger said:

@Aud_iOS said:
    Got the good news for delivery tomorrow! @jollyDodger - not the all-perfect solution, but this USB Host-to-Lightning cable works great with many devices. https://amazon.com/dp/B07FLWN6G4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_v7CkEbVQ6S0VG.

Mine arrived Saturday! Wahoo!

So is this plug and play.. Just plug lighten into my iPad, plug USB into my computer, open up Maschine my iPad shows up. no Studiomux/Iconnectivity needed?

Thanks

• @RajahP typo - it arriveS Saturday. Sorry.