Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Novation Launchpad Pro (Mk 3).... Hardware

Comments

• Pro Mk3 Users... Do you know if the internal sequencer on the Pro records the Poly aftertouch when playing the pads?

• @reasOne said:
    without a screen it seems so confusing!!!! what’s the learning curve like for those with crippling add ?

I don’t know about ADD and I don’t have a launchpad, but I do have a Mono Station and love the sequencer.

The fact that it doesn’t have a screen is a major bonus. I spend way too long looking at pixels and it’s a nice break for my eyes.

It’s surprisingly easy to use and very easy to jam with. You can change things like step length, rate etc really quickly and chain patterns together easily too all without breaking sweat and all perfectly in time.

And the mono station has the extra benefit of parameter locks which is fantastic. You can even change the patch per step.

Anyway. I’m loving the Novation sequencer. I wish I had more tracks!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Pro Mk3 Users... Do you know if the internal sequencer on the Pro records the Poly aftertouch when playing the pads?

I'd like to know that too, also if it can record any form of automation like you can with the Circuit, Monostation and SL MKIII

• @AndyPlankton said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Pro Mk3 Users... Do you know if the internal sequencer on the Pro records the Poly aftertouch when playing the pads?

I'd like to know that too, also if it can record any form of automation like you can with the Circuit, Monostation and SL MKIII

Got word back.

Unfortunately the sequencer only records note data (On, Off & Velocity). The pads themselves don’t transmit aftertouch in the sequencer views.

External MIDI recorded into the sequencer will be filtered out to record note On / Off and Velocity data only.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Got word back.

Unfortunately the sequencer only records note data (On, Off & Velocity). The pads themselves don’t transmit aftertouch in the sequencer views.

External MIDI recorded into the sequencer will be filtered out to record note On / Off and Velocity data only.

Cheers for the info

• edited February 2020

LPX/mini MK3 having legacy mode now:

Any way to create a script with Mozaic like the LP 95? https://www.reddit.com/r/Novation/comments/f4k4np/launchpad_x_launchpad_mini_mk3_firmware_update/

Edit: I have an LPP MK3 (+LPX MK3) too. Just opened up a new topic, can’t delete this comment???

• I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to find a way for the pads to output midi CC but there only seems to be note only.

Audiobus Forum, you’re my only hope!

• edited February 2020

@supadom said:
    I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to find a way for the pads to output midi CC but there only seems to be note only.

Which model? X or Pro MK3?

Both have custom layouts where you can assign CC widgets via the Novations Components website.

https://components.novationmusic.com/

• @SpookyZoo said:

@supadom said:
    I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to find a way for the pads to output midi CC but there only seems to be note only.

Which model? X or Pro MK3?

Both have custom layouts where you can assign CC widgets via the Novations Components website.

https://components.novationmusic.com/

Ah shit sorry man. There way launchkey mk3 thread floating around and I thought I was posting there. Apologies.

• lack of no -quantise on live record holding me back atm

@jollyDodger said:
    wish someone sold a otg cable with a built in lipstick sized battery injecting power.. be perfect with ios and external controllers like this?

anyone know?

• edited March 2020

@jollyDodger said:

lack of no -quantise on live record holding me back atm

The Circuit has no-quantise recording, to a degree of 6 micro steps at least, so I'd be surprised if it's not on the LPPmk3.

I don't own one but a quick look at the manual mentions record quantise...

(Not sure if that's just for Ableton though?)

• edited March 2020

@SpookyZoo said:

@jollyDodger said:

lack of no -quantise on live record holding me back atm

The Circuit has no-quantise recording, to a degree of 6 micro steps at least, so I'd be surprised if it's not on the LPPmk3.

I don't own one but a quick look at the manual mentions record quantise...

Just ordered one today :)

On circuit I think you hold shift and press record to swap between quantised and not quantised recording. The not quantised option still quantises I think, but to the six micro steps instead of the main step. I too would be surprised if this didn't work the same.

EDIT...OH I see you pasted a pic....that magically appeared when I posted a reply...... Is that why you are called Spooky ? LMAO

• @AndyPlankton Ha, yeah I was deciding between which image to post and settled on both. :)

Have fun!

• @AndyPlankton How are you enjoying your new toy?

• edited March 2020

@jollyDodger said:
    wish someone sold a otg cable with a built in lipstick sized battery injecting power.. be perfect with ios and external controllers like this?

Those would be super useful!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @AndyPlankton How are you enjoying your new toy?

Still learning it, but having a pretty wonderful time so far 😀

• I lost my whole weekend...I did nothing around the house...did no jobs...didn't watch any TV.....
    Why ? This LP Pro has had my full attention the whole time.....still learning the intricacies but so far I am super impressed with what it does....awesome job @AmpifyxNovation :)

• I caved too. It's lovely!

Much more bang for the buck over the X.

BTW, I found out that my 'mobile solution' for the Pyramid also works with the LPP mk3. Same Duracell battery and Yamaha MDT01s. Not as neat as there is extra length on both cables. The Breakout cables for Midi, and the longer C to USB. But nice to know it's an option.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    I caved too. It's lovely!

Much more bang for the buck over the X.

BTW, I found out that my 'mobile solution' for the Pyramid also works with the LPP mk3. Same Duracell battery and Yamaha MDT01s. Not as neat as there is extra length on both cables. The Breakout cables for Midi, and the longer C to USB. But nice to know it's an option.

Hmmm, interesting. Looks like a fine idea for an aftermarket add on :)

• edited March 2020

Just found out that the Custom Templates work between both X and Pro devices straight outta the box.

Here then are a couple of my favourite templates...

I recreated the brilliant layout of Soundprism app (thank you @Sebastian ! :) ) that positions the notes of a scale in rows of thirds. This allows you to play triads / 7ths with 3-4 vertical notes. the Columns are ascending Octaves which allows easy inversions.

A limitation of creating this on a Custom LP template is that the notes are fixed, in this case to the Key of C.

I have created a template for each of C Major & C Minor.

It's a really nice way to come up with ideas and then transpose after recording if needed.

A screenshot of how the C Minor layout looks in post below...

(Oh yeah, there's a sustain/latch toggle top left too.)

Hope you have fun with them. :)

EDIT:

Updated templates to work on Master Channel for Pro Mk3. Default to Ch1 for LP X.

Because I initially created these using the Launchpad X, I believe these are fixed to MIDI Ch 1. The Pro Mk3 has an extra feature for Custom Layouts which is Master Channel, that allows you to dictate the MIDI CH from the hardware. I'll have to see if I can edit the original templates to master and will report back here if successful.

• For those interested, Templates now updated to work with Master Channel on LP Pro Mk3. Defaults to Ch 1 on the X.

• How did you create the sustain toggle? Does it work outside Ableton like on iPad/AUs?

• edited March 2020

@Antemode said:
    How did you create the sustain toggle? Does it work outside Ableton like on iPad/AUs?

It's just a toggle button for CC#64 on/off. I've not tested the sustain much with iPad synths as yet but CC64 is pretty universal for sustain, so if a synth has it, it will likely align.

( I just tried Zeeon Standalone and in AUM, and the sustain/latch button worked.)

In practice, using the layout with the button as Toggle, isn't the smoothest. Perhaps a momentary trigger would work best for some, but I wanted to latch sustain to play some pads and experiment with ideas using both hands playing.

• @SpookyZoo have you got any tips for using the sequencer with iOS please? the seq. drum midi mapping appears fixed and the note modes or custom modes don’t yet appear to be able to be sequenced.

• @jollyDodger said:
    @SpookyZoo have you got any tips for using the sequencer with iOS please? the seq. drum midi mapping appears fixed and the note modes or custom modes don’t yet appear to be able to be sequenced.

You're right on all accounts.

There's definitely some limitations, but it's still a quick & fun option.

For something like Ruismaker drums where the Pads begin on C#, you'll need to use one of the note modes to sequence. Chromatic being the easiest.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@jollyDodger said:
    @SpookyZoo have you got any tips for using the sequencer with iOS please? the seq. drum midi mapping appears fixed and the note modes or custom modes don’t yet appear to be able to be sequenced.

For something like Ruismaker drums where the Pads begin on C#, you'll need to use one of the note modes to sequence. Chromatic being the easiest.

Drum mode is also chromatic so you can still use the drum modes, you just have to move the range of the grid up/down to find the right one, the pads will be spread, but that's the same with note mode anyway......

• @AndyPlankton said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@jollyDodger said:

Drum mode is also chromatic so you can still use the drum modes, you just have to move the range of the grid up/down to find the right one, the pads will be spread, but that's the same with note mode anyway......

I tried using ruismaker for the first time with it last night and discovered this, @brambos chromatic option in Ruismaker's would help here, and with other MPC style pads, they tend to run chromatically from C

• Trying to map aftertouch in AUM.. Anyone know how?