Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• edited September 2019

BEWARE, CONTRARY OPINION, DON'T @ ME ETC.

I love this guy, he's a brilliant developer. But I totally do not share his slavish devotion to a certain random set of sounds. He doesn't want to have the awesome bass sounds of a modern app because it's not period correct?
    It's a synth for Civil War re-enacters!

(I'll still throw money at it, no doubt. ;))

• @ExAsperis99 said:

But I totally do not share his slavish devotion to a certain random set of sounds.

Slavish devotion or authentic devotion? :)

• I hope the name stays “Pure Acid”.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I love this guy, he's a brilliant developer. But I totally do not share his slavish devotion to a certain random set of sounds. He doesn't want to have the awesome bass sounds of a modern app because it's not period correct?

If we already have bass synths, then why do we need another one? Why not just create authenticity and that’s that?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

People create great things when they create things they love. He loves those old drum and bass synths. I say -- if that's what he digs that's what he should do.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

People create great things when they create things they love. He loves those old drum and bass synths. I say -- if that's what he digs that's what he should do.

It might be an astute move if he nails it as well. I would love to see an updated old school emulation go viral and make a bit of cash.

• ‘Let’s not mix milk with cucumbers’ - now there’s a phrase.

• @qryss said:
    ‘Let’s not mix milk with cucumbers’

Jamie Oliver does 😃

• Thanks for these page postings @gusgranite.
    I really hope that the automation is for per pattern and not just for song.
    Could some kind soul who is a Facebook user invite Jim over?.... I’m sure I speak for many of us when I say we would very much like to be in the loop.
    Maybe he doesn’t fancy fielding off another heap of requests 🤔😀

• @ExAsperis99 said:

You have Audulus, so you don't need ANYTHING more.

• @robosardine said:
    Thanks for these page postings @gusgranite.
    Could some kind soul who is a Facebook user invite Jim over?.... I’m sure I speak for many of us when I say we would very much like to be in the loop.

https://forum.audiob.us/profile/jimpavloff

;)

• @espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Absolutely!

• I'm in the camp of not needing these sounds I'm sure, but I love the sort of devotion that Jim Audio brings to this platform. It's what makes his stuff so great. Just yesterday I was running GR-16 on my iPad 2 and it just purrs along. Amazing. I'll likely purchase this knowing that it too will just work fabulously.

• Music is not about needs, it’s about wants...and I want this.

• edited September 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Exactly!

To be honest,i don't get all this featuritis...every app needs to do everything and for lowest possible price of course.Personally i much prefer specialized apps at least since we have AU.That's why we have this stuff, combine and create your own modular music environment with it.

If the 303 is really en par with the ABL stuff then it definitely fills a gap on ios.i see the 808 and 909 as a bonus then.But we also don't have faithfully emulated ones as AU.The EG 808/908 is not.

• @OnfraySin said:

@robosardine said:
    Thanks for these page postings @gusgranite.

https://forum.audiob.us/profile/jimpavloff

;)

Yes I had thought of that- I managed to convince myself that if he had visited the site to check his inbox then he would have posted up a few lines as well. My inbox here only indicates messages when I am here. Maybe his is linked to his phone or something? I’ll give it a go now.

• There is a reason why these things are so sought after even after all this time. :smile:

• edited September 2019

@AndyPlankton said:
    There is a reason why these things are so sought after even after all this time. :smile:

Damn you sir and your modern countries with their internet etc.

:)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    There is a reason why these things are so sought after even after all this time. :smile:

Damn you sir and your modern countries with their internet etc.

:)

It was a great listen :tongue:
    Not sure if you can search for it from over there and find a working version...
    BBC Radio 1 Stories - Roland TR-808 TR-909 TB-303 Documentary

Who knew how important green tea was to electronic music !

• WTKWTK
    edited September 2019

Tbh I am mostly interested in the 909 emulation. Looking forward to the sound of the kickdrum and the claps.

I have a few emulations on desktop ( eg. Punchbox from d16 and bong from xoxos which is more a boss dr 110 Emulation but with so much punch...) and both are my goto drum synths so yeah...keep them coming!

• I hope this one is coming out soon, I’m really excited for it

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I hope this one is coming out soon, I’m really excited for it

Me too.
    I’m imagining how it would sound in AUM alongside Poison-202.

• Very cool , Would love to have this.

I almost wish apps like this and Drambo were a complete unknown to us until the day of release. I love those out of the blue surprises, instead of having to patiently fiend for it for an indefinite period of time ;)

• I have just under $15.00 CA funny money in wait for this.. probably not enough - BUT - take it now please or I know it'll be gone before week's end.. :D

• edited September 2019

GR-16 has to be one of the best Groove boxes on iOS so this is REALLY exciting news!
    The name is kinda meh though, I hope it changes to something better. "Pure Acid" is so
    archaic.

• I’m hoping good things.. There’s not many good TB’s on iOS.... Accurate ones at least... Propellerhead had to remove Rebirth from iOS stores because of Roland (Thank goodness I still have it on my iTunes Account).. They Ordered (Propellerhead) them to remove it from the iTunes Store, as a little while later Roland released there new Updated version on hardware.. We have the excellent @brambos beautifully great hybrid, “Troublemaker” app, (especially when others was not that good at emulating it, but more as a “It will do for now” approach.. ). I can’t thank @brambos enough for it.. Still love this app... It’s even got me an EP Contract from it on the legendary TRAX Records (Darren Studholme - “Hyper Acid” EP)... People don’t know I used it on two of the tracks on it.. Thinking it was a VST TB303 emulator.. Or hardware... Also used FL Studio “Transistor Bass” too... But I look forward to this app with great expectations... Jim Audio ( like @brambos) listens to us here in the forum.. These are two Devs have the highest respect for & respect the hard work they do for us all.. They are both top Geezers in my book.. ;)

• Just in case here is the EP to listen too on Spotify.. Just in case there’s “Doubting Thomas” there.. :D

https://open.spotify.com/album/2B7Dw6dgUEtC2oMcrD9PM5

• @studs1966 said:
    Just in case here is the EP to listen too on Spotify.. Just in case there’s “Doubting Thomas” there.. :D

https://open.spotify.com/album/2B7Dw6dgUEtC2oMcrD9PM5

Aciiiiiiied!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

you can do totally modern sounds with his other two apps - they are equipped more than enough ;) So forgive us, classics lovers, this sin :)))