Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• What are the odds that this will be ready for the weekend? :#

• edited October 2019

@robosardine said:

I can’t see the good old random button for the octaves, slides and accents which all the clones do have... anyone?

There are 3 randomize functions currently:
    Var - randomizes accents, slides, octaves but leaves note pitch intact.
    Shuffle - randomizes notes order only, but leaves all notes intact.
    Bassline Composer - creates random pattern from selected key, scale and algorithm type (6 types available currently).
    And, of couse, pattern Reverse, shift left/right, transpose up/down, delete/insert a note.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Check out in the FB, seems like working now:
    https://www.facebook.com/jimaudiodsp/

Looks like some patterns I've been playing with were caught by their Shazam!

Ok, now i'm totally not interested in price of this app.

I'll pay whatever it will cost.

• @jimpavloff said:
    @robosardine said:

I can’t see the good old random button for the octaves, slides and accents which all the clones do have... anyone?

Bassline Composer - creates random pattern from selected key, scale and algorithm type (6 types available currently).
    And, of couse, pattern Reverse, shift left/right, transpose up/down, delete/insert a note.

Bring it! 😆

• @anickt said:

@jimpavloff said:
    @robosardine said:

Bring it! 😆

I need this in my life right now :)

• that demo... 1:00 !! Speedwaaaay ... :heart:

• If this app don’t make your booty move, your booty must be dead.

• edited October 2019

:D

• @jimpavloff said:
    @robosardine said:

My cup runneth over.

• When this comes out, I'm cancelling any and all prior plans for quite some time. 'No,I won't be out tonight, or any night. Don't call me, I'll call you'.

• I don’t think this has appeared on he forum- but Jim mentioned the timescale to me in his reply to the earlier message I sent him asking him to drop into the forum.
    It is- at least one month for the standalone version, then approx another month for the AUv3

• @robosardine said:
    I don’t think this has appeared on he forum- but Jim mentioned the timescale to me in his reply to the earlier message I sent him asking him to drop into the forum.
    It is- at least one month for the standalone version, then approx another month for the AUv3

😩

• Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• I am immediately taken back to the Acid House cassette sellers in Camden Market circa 1989.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I am immediately taken back to the Acid House cassette sellers in Camden Market circa 1989.

:)

• If it's gonna be a month, then if the timings right...this years pumpkin may well find itself sporting a huge smiley !

• this is so cool, but what other apps are similar to this one out there currently? love that Prodigy style. I think i need a little appetizer to tide me over untill it gets released

• The similar apps at the moment would be- Troublemaker, 2XB303 and Rebirth (which had no longer been available but I believe is available again in some countries). Each of them have their own merits and uses but there is massive gap between them and Pure Acid in terms of approaching the sounds and nuances of the original and also the added extras and functionality. As far as the sound goes Rebirth would probably be closest.

My advice to you would be to just be patient, wait it out and buy Pure Acid when it comes out- you are only going to end up frustrated. Save your cash for Drambo. If you are hoping to sound anything like the demo above you will not manage it.

This is why so many people are chewing their table legs like dogs that have been left in the house for too long. This is a massive release that up until recently was only a pipedream. It will be available in just over a month....... but not now...... gnash.....gnash.......

• Will the drums be synth based or PCM/Sample based?

• @robosardine said:
    The similar apps at the moment would be- Troublemaker, 2XB303 and Rebirth (which had no longer been available but I believe is available again in some countries). Each of them have their own merits and uses but there is massive gap between them and Pure Acid in terms of approaching the sounds and nuances of the original and also the added extras and functionality. As far as the sound goes Rebirth would probably be closest.

My advice to you would be to just be patient, wait it out and buy Pure Acid when it comes out- you are only going to end up frustrated. Save your cash for Drambo. If you are hoping to sound anything like the demo above you will not manage it.

This is why so many people are chewing their table legs like dogs that have been left in the house for too long. This is a massive release that up until recently was only a pipedream. It will be available in just over a month....... but not now...... gnash.....gnash.......

Rebirth was always “it” but I honestly think @jimpavloff Pure Acid sounds better.

• edited October 2019

holy fucking shit that demo <3 <3 <3

This is the best thing ever.

I can't think of anything else to say right now except I'm 100% stoked on this. wow.

EDIT: except OMG LOL the rebirth demo pattern haaahahahahahahahaha

• @burns_audio said:

I can't think of anything else to say right now except I'm 100% stoked on this. wow.

Spoken like a true Roland freak 👍

• One of the charms of the original ReBirth was the possibility to use two 303s and 808+909 at the same time.
    From the screenshots I get it's one '303' and a 'Drum' part, maybe this will increase with time?

Then again we don't yet know how AUv3 will be implemented?
    Maybe it's multiple AUv3's so we can have as many 303's or 'Drums' and 'Effects' as the CPU can handle?
    (The '303' could for example include the sequencer and allow transposing it using midi input when used as AUv3 etc. etc.).

I'm pretty sure it will be awesome when it drops!

• It’s pretty amazing what these developers can do with code! Looking forward to hearing more.

• @burns_audio said:

So it is- well spotted! 😀

• @robosardine said:

@burns_audio said:

But the ReBirth demo pattern is missing one 303 ;)

• @anickt said:

@robosardine said:
    The similar apps at the moment would be- Troublemaker, 2XB303 and Rebirth (which had no longer been available but I believe is available again in some countries). Each of them have their own merits and uses but there is massive gap between them and Pure Acid in terms of approaching the sounds and nuances of the original and also the added extras and functionality. As far as the sound goes Rebirth would probably be closest.

Rebirth was always “it” but I honestly think @jimpavloff Pure Acid sounds better.

@robosardine said:

@burns_audio said:

That is becoming a bit of a tradition it seems.

• @brambos said:

@anickt said:

@robosardine said:

@robosardine said:

@burns_audio said:

That is becoming a bit of a tradition it seems.

I want to run TM and PA together. Acid bliss! B)

• .> @Samu said:

One of the charms of the original ReBirth was the possibility to use two 303s and 808+909 at the same time.
    From the screenshots I get it's one '303' and a 'Drum' part, maybe this will increase with time?

Then again we don't yet know how AUv3 will be implemented?
    Maybe it's multiple AUv3's so we can have as many 303's or 'Drums' and 'Effects' as the CPU can handle?
    (The '303' could for example include the sequencer and allow transposing it using midi input when used as AUv3 etc. etc.).

I'm pretty sure it will be awesome when it drops!

I have just bought another iPad in anticipation of this scenario- it’s an iPad Air 16GB (purchased for £100) which is now packed with all my drum and percussion apps. I have another two Air2’s which I am very much looking forward to having a Pure Acid in each of.
    With the help of Ableton Link I’m hoping for a bit of Acid in Wonderland when the time comes with the whole lot sitting in front of me.
    Have you seen the price of the Roland TB03’s at the moment?