Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom piano roll is here !

Comments

• I wondered if there’s a chance we see any changes in the following :

1.Tempo factor multiplier won’t effect the recording.
    Atm facor effects only on playbacks tempo. it records with original bpm regardless of factor changed.

2.selectable midi channel out. It outs only on channel 1

1. More than 40 bars. And easier way to expand it
  • It looks like @blueveek doesn't read here anymore. Not responding

• Wish the play head would go back to zero when stopping and starting in aum

• @Pierre118 said:
    It looks like @blueveek doesn't read here anymore. Not responding

:heartbreak:
    ):

• In my work flow, this type of app is probably one of the most important to me. Why isn't any other dev jumping on this? I have emailed blueveek with zero response. I've worked out a temporary solution with mfxstrip, but it's buggy. Just my 2cents.

• Yeah can’t believe why no one other devs want to make an improved version of Atom. So much needed.

• @fritzm said:
    In my work flow, this type of app is probably one of the most important to me. Why isn't any other dev jumping on this? I have emailed blueveek with zero response. I've worked out a temporary solution with mfxstrip, but it's buggy. Just my 2cents.

@blueveek is still active on Twitter. I also tried to contact him in different ways, but no response at all. No respect.

• Yea he also said he had been extremely busy... hopefully we can get an update on progress or hear something soon. Cause I love Atom but a couple little things do bug me.

• he shows last active here in december 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @reasOne said:
    he shows last active here in december 🤷🏻‍♂️

I saw it. He promised a updated version, but since then it's quiet. Look like other interests since he is active on Twitter. It's not respectful to ignore mail and tweets.

• @Pierre118 said:

@reasOne said:

I saw it. He promised a updated version, but since then it's quiet. Look like other interests since he is active on Twitter. It's not respectful to ignore mail and tweets.

it would def be nice to see some response. this app was really hyped up here on the forum but with some of its issues its really hard to use, would like to know if anything can be fixed with it or whatever

• Atom just about does the job. Would be a good one for @4Pockets or @SevenSystems to take on I reckon :)

• @reasOne said:

@Pierre118 said:

@reasOne said:

it would def be nice to see some response. this app was really hyped up here on the forum but with some of its issues its really hard to use, would like to know if anything can be fixed with it or whatever

Let's wait, and tag @blueveek once in a while. Maybe one day he will respond.

• edited April 2020

Life gets in the way. I’m sure he’s busy, and then there’s what’s going on in the world.

I still use Atom. It’s a great tool. Use it’s strengths.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Yeah can’t believe why no one other devs want to make an improved version of Atom. So much needed.

The closest we've come is getting @SevenSystems to say he's considering whether or not to do a single-instance AU version of the full Xequence 2 app. No plans to do anything more than think about it though as far as I know.

I have a pretty clear vision for something like we all hoped Atom would become and am working at learning what I need to in order to make it. At the rate it's going so far, we'll all be too old to care about it by the the time I finish though. 😂

No one will be happier than me if someone beats me to it.

• I’m still assuming that an Atom update is in the works since it appeared @blueveek had made significant progress on it already.

Bit discouraging if there’s no response to questions though but hopefully the new improved update will happen eventually.

• @wim, I've just pushed minor updates to the Xequence AU | Keys & Pads plugins, and just got reminded of how incredibly frustrating developing Audio Units is. :D between dealing with all the peculiarities of AU per se, and then all the additional organisational overhead in the XCode project, with a huge load of pitfalls to avoid all the time (multiple targets, always have to choose the right one, etc...) all very confusing and time-consuming.

Now if developing an AU plugin rewarded you with 10x the revenue of a vanilla fart app, then that would be all grand... but... ;)

• edited April 2020

@audiblevideo said:
    Life gets in the way. I’m sure he’s busy, and then there’s what’s going on in the world.

That's not the point. We hyped and supported @blueveek ,and he was very reponsive and helpfull that period. But this is about manners, he is active on Twitter and via his website you can ask questions or/and whatever. But not responding on any of them is not done. But ok, i will let it go :smile:

• @SevenSystems said:
    @wim, I've just pushed minor updates to the Xequence AU | Keys & Pads plugins, and just got reminded of how incredibly frustrating developing Audio Units is. :D between dealing with all the peculiarities of AU per se, and then all the additional organisational overhead in the XCode project, with a huge load of pitfalls to avoid all the time (multiple targets, always have to choose the right one, etc...) all very confusing and time-consuming.

Now if developing an AU plugin rewarded you with 10x the revenue of a vanilla fart app, then that would be all grand... but... ;)

Well, all I can say is you better get it together before November 17, 2043 when, if all continues as it has so far, to release my own AU sequencer that will kick X2's butt.

• @wim said:

@SevenSystems said:
    @wim, I've just pushed minor updates to the Xequence AU | Keys & Pads plugins, and just got reminded of how incredibly frustrating developing Audio Units is. :D between dealing with all the peculiarities of AU per se, and then all the additional organisational overhead in the XCode project, with a huge load of pitfalls to avoid all the time (multiple targets, always have to choose the right one, etc...) all very confusing and time-consuming.

Well, all I can say is you better get it together before November 17, 2043 when, if all continues as it has so far, to release my own AU sequencer that will kick X2's butt.

:) If there's still an economy to speak of that can support fancy music apps on smartphones in 2043! I'm not so sure currently.

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

@SevenSystems said:

@wim said:

@SevenSystems said:

:) If there's still an economy to speak of that can support fancy music apps on smartphones in 2043! I'm not so sure currently.

The Spanish Flu of 1918 resulted in 50,000,000 deaths. The next decade was known as the "Roaring Twenties". I believe we'll come out the other side ... eventually. 👍🏼

• edited April 2020

Seems like the creator of Drambo mentioned a midi upgrade and piano-roll.. sometime in the future..

Edit.. there are apps that are almost there, like BeatHawk.. Photon.. we may want to keep our eyes on Gadget..they have been quiet for a while..

• edited April 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good news - thanks for the update!

@winconway said:
    Blueveek is extremely busy doing a full time real job and has relied on myself to answer any posts here, I apologise for having not seen the posts here.
    I haven't seen much, he generally keeps his developments to himself until he hits testing, but Piano Roll is being worked on and the only hint you get is that the future is bright, or is that colourful :)

• @Pierre118 said:

@audiblevideo said:

That's not the point. We hyped and supported @blueveek ,and he was very reponsive and helpfull that period. But this is about manners, he is active on Twitter and via his website you can ask questions or/and whatever. But not responding on any of them is not done. But ok, i will let it go :smile:

@blueveek is a gent. I can vouch for that. Just busy with life and trying to code a music app in his spare time.

Sometimes you just have to throw a request out there and hope it reaches the developer’s ears. Maybe he still plans to respond to you but in a couple of months when he has something to share. Maybe your tone was annoying lol.

If it is any consolation, I have contacted countless developers over the years and often either not received a response or have had my request addressed collectively in an update many months later. Personally, I don’t think we pay enough for iOS apps to include customer service months after release especially if it is not a critical bug.

• @gusgranite said:

@Pierre118 said:

@audiblevideo said:

@blueveek is a gent. I can vouch for that. Just busy with life and trying to code a music app in his spare time.

Sometimes you just have to throw a request out there and hope it reaches the developer’s ears. Maybe he still plans to respond to you but in a couple of months when he has something to share. Maybe your tone was annoying lol.

If it is any consolation, I have contacted countless developers over the years and often either not received a response or have had my request addressed collectively in an update many months later. Personally, I don’t think we pay enough for iOS apps to include customer service months after release especially if it is not a critical bug.

You don't know what my message was, so your reply makes no sense at all :smiley:

• @winconway Thanks for the heads up. Cheers

• I really like the app and I would love to see an import midi file update too.
    As for the current functionality I have a visual glitch when extending sequence length.
    After a few zoom in & out it is correct. (AUM)

• @SevenSystems said:

Then I guess we all have to stop buying vanilla fart apps... :)

• What’s the best app for importing and playing a midi file in AUM? I thought it might be this one, but apparently not.