Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom piano roll is here !

1141516171820»

Comments

  • There must be a magic incantation that you have to say at least 3 times to activate it surely.

  • @skiphunt said:

    @Beathoven said:

    @craftycurate said:

    @peaking said:
    Does anybody find it really difficult to select an accurate loop brace amount with that sliding mechanism. It’s literally taken me half hour to select an 8 bar length. Touch doesn’t seem to respond too well

    Yes, it often locks up preventing any adjustment.

    Aim your finger slightly above where you’d normally place it; it seems to activate the slider more effectively. It also works better if the slider is below an empty space in the toolbar, as opposed to being beneath the Start/Stop or Undo/Redo icons.

    Sure wish this would get fixed. That doesn’t really work all that often and it’s why I rarely use this one to be honest.

    Me too. I dug Atom out for some quick midi action today, and quickly gave up because of this .

  • @skiphunt said:

    @Beathoven said:

    @craftycurate said:

    @peaking said:
    Does anybody find it really difficult to select an accurate loop brace amount with that sliding mechanism. It’s literally taken me half hour to select an 8 bar length. Touch doesn’t seem to respond too well

    Yes, it often locks up preventing any adjustment.

    Aim your finger slightly above where you’d normally place it; it seems to activate the slider more effectively. It also works better if the slider is below an empty space in the toolbar, as opposed to being beneath the Start/Stop or Undo/Redo icons.

    Sure wish this would get fixed. That doesn’t really work all that often and it’s why I rarely use this one to be honest.

    It works for me. Along with Riffer, Atom is one of my most used midi sequencers. Riffer for melodies, Atom for chords.

  • @Beathoven said:

    @skiphunt said:

    @Beathoven said:

    @craftycurate said:

    @peaking said:
    Does anybody find it really difficult to select an accurate loop brace amount with that sliding mechanism. It’s literally taken me half hour to select an 8 bar length. Touch doesn’t seem to respond too well

    Yes, it often locks up preventing any adjustment.

    Aim your finger slightly above where you’d normally place it; it seems to activate the slider more effectively. It also works better if the slider is below an empty space in the toolbar, as opposed to being beneath the Start/Stop or Undo/Redo icons.

    Sure wish this would get fixed. That doesn’t really work all that often and it’s why I rarely use this one to be honest.

    It works for me. Along with Riffer, Atom is one of my most used midi sequencers. Riffer for melodies, Atom for chords.

    Is riffer au? And can you edit the melodies or is it all random

  • @gregsmith said:

    @Beathoven said:

    @skiphunt said:

    @Beathoven said:

    @craftycurate said:

    @peaking said:
    Does anybody find it really difficult to select an accurate loop brace amount with that sliding mechanism. It’s literally taken me half hour to select an 8 bar length. Touch doesn’t seem to respond too well

    Yes, it often locks up preventing any adjustment.

    Aim your finger slightly above where you’d normally place it; it seems to activate the slider more effectively. It also works better if the slider is below an empty space in the toolbar, as opposed to being beneath the Start/Stop or Undo/Redo icons.

    Sure wish this would get fixed. That doesn’t really work all that often and it’s why I rarely use this one to be honest.

    It works for me. Along with Riffer, Atom is one of my most used midi sequencers. Riffer for melodies, Atom for chords.

    Is riffer au? And can you edit the melodies or is it all random

    Yes, and yes you can edit.

  • edited February 2

    @gregsmith said:
    Is riffer au? And can you edit the melodies or is it all random

    Yes to AU. Yes to random. Yes to edit. You can even have a little of both worlds.

    Riffer lets you anchor selected notes as unchanging but the rest can be mutated. You can also un-anchor, edit and re-anchor, or just draw in your own damn notes.

  • @audiblevideo said:

    @gregsmith said:
    Is riffer au? And can you edit the melodies or is it all random

    Yes to AU. Yes to random. Yes to edit. You can even have a little of both worlds.

    Riffer lets you anchor selected notes as unchanging but the rest can be mutated. You can also un-anchor, edit and re-anchor, or just draw in your own damn notes.

    Interesting. But no chords?

  • Nah, unfortunately riffer is mono note only. Send it through Mozaic “the chordulator”

  • Is this thing contstantly dropping notes in basic 4 note chorus on anybody. Mine is unusable as it stands.

  • @peaking said:
    Is this thing contstantly dropping notes in basic 4 note chorus on anybody. Mine is unusable as it stands.

    Just tested and can’t get it to drop a note. What host are you using and what synth?

  • @skiphunt said:

    @Beathoven said:

    @craftycurate said:

    @peaking said:
    Does anybody find it really difficult to select an accurate loop brace amount with that sliding mechanism. It’s literally taken me half hour to select an 8 bar length. Touch doesn’t seem to respond too well

    Yes, it often locks up preventing any adjustment.

    Aim your finger slightly above where you’d normally place it; it seems to activate the slider more effectively. It also works better if the slider is below an empty space in the toolbar, as opposed to being beneath the Start/Stop or Undo/Redo icons.

    Sure wish this would get fixed. That doesn’t really work all that often and it’s why I rarely use this one to be honest.

    I do actually like Atom a lot. It’s just this having to aim a bit higher to try and activate the slider. It can be aggravating at times, but I’m still glad I bought it.

    If I could go back I’d still buy it even with the fussy slider mechanism that can sometimes be aggravating. Fingers crossed the dev has a fix/refinement soon. :)

  • edited February 3

    I’d be happy with a couple of minor additions to Atom.

    I don't need it to be feature laden and actually like that it's lightweight.

    But just having the start/stop button in AUM triggerable would transform its usefulness! Multiple instances would get around there not being patterns but I could easily live with that if it worked.

  • edited February 3

    With regards to moving the bar length slider, I can get it to work every time if I first drag the song position cursor all the way to line up with the bar end marker first. You can then tap the marker above the song position cursor marker and drag it.

  • i was just about to ask if i was the only one struggling to make this thing go out to 8 bars lol looks like a known issue. have we heard anything about a fix? just took me quite a while to stretch a loop to 8 bars...lots of zooming out and trying again

  • Apparently Audioveek aka atom dude has been crazy busy but has plans for an update, he knows it needs it, but didn’t give any timeline. It was in a thread on this forum maybe 3-5 months ago... I’m truly hoping it’s sooner rather than later since I use the app a lot.

  • edited March 15

    @reasOne : I find the easiest way is to pinch the screen inside the Atom window in first so the initial loop gets small, and then it is easy to drag out from the top right and snap to whatever bar division you need. Rinse and repeat for as many bars as you need . I think it tops out at 40 but I rarely go above 32.Super easy. Barely an inconvenience. :)

  • i’m using atom a lot more now as well @Poppadocrock , now that i learned from @Daveypoo you could record midi into it live while the aum/apematrix is playing thru like a sequencer built into a daw! having the stop/play button exposed in AUM makes it a great way to build up and launch clips.
    and ya @Svetlovska that does seem to be the quickest way

  • Yea I use multiple instances in AUM, recording my midi, and get my modular DAW-less workflow on. I do get this weird bug when I open up another instance of Atom later into a song and it doesn’t work right. The control buttons aren’t there, the GUI is misshaped. I usually start every session with 2-3 Atom instances so I don’t get that bug when adding them later on.

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Yea I use multiple instances in AUM, recording my midi, and get my modular DAW-less workflow on. I do get this weird bug when I open up another instance of Atom later into a song and it doesn’t work right. The control buttons aren’t there, the GUI is misshaped. I usually start every session with 2-3 Atom instances so I don’t get that bug when adding them later on.

    i’ve noticed that, i’ve been adding digits in a lot more, basically works the exact same way only you are limited to a range of 2 octaves per track.... you can make them higher and lower once recorded but still has to stay within 2 octaves

  • @reasOne What do you mean by digits?

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    @reasOne What do you mean by digits?

    dang it! digikeys 🤣

  • Gotcha. Yea I wanna try that. I know it records midi in. I’ll give it a go. Thanks.> @reasOne said:

    @Poppadocrock said:
    @reasOne What do you mean by digits?

    dang it! digikeys 🤣

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Gotcha. Yea I wanna try that. I know it records midi in. I’ll give it a go. Thanks.> @reasOne said:

    @Poppadocrock said:
    @reasOne What do you mean by digits?

    dang it! digikeys 🤣

    it’s got its strengths and weaknesses, biggest weakness being that you can’t make a note longer than 16 steps at this point... you can go up to 64 on a pattern but the pattern is split into 16s... so you can’t even stretch a note from say step 14 to step 18 🤷🏻‍♂️ and i don’t think you can really do triplets / or more then one beat per step...
    for most situations its fine, but there’s those times! however it is very stable and quick... the best option imo is still xequence 2 but if you’re trying to stay au inside aum atom and dk are kinda tied since they both have things that are great and terrible lol

  • Yea I have Digikeys. I got it when he put the bundle out. Since I already had Digistix I got a great deal. I haven’t recorded midi in yet but will try soon. I wish the randomizer, randomized based on diff instruments. Like specific randomness for a bass line, different from drum randomness, and piano randomness.

    I have X2 too. It just sometimes feels like a lot, a big workstation when I only really want 1-3 tracks of midi. When I have a lot of midi tracks I bust out X2

    The seven systems guys were pondering creating some sort of Au X2 version in another thread. I saw it a few days ago....

    If Atom had midi import, export, more than 40 bars and some bug fixes it would be perfect for my DAW-less workflow.> @reasOne said:

    @Poppadocrock said:
    Gotcha. Yea I wanna try that. I know it records midi in. I’ll give it a go. Thanks.> @reasOne said:

    @Poppadocrock said:
    @reasOne What do you mean by digits?

    dang it! digikeys 🤣

    it’s got its strengths and weaknesses, biggest weakness being that you can’t make a note longer than 16 steps at this point... you can go up to 64 on a pattern but the pattern is split into 16s... so you can’t even stretch a note from say step 14 to step 18 🤷🏻‍♂️ and i don’t think you can really do triplets / or more then one beat per step...
    for most situations its fine, but there’s those times! however it is very stable and quick... the best option imo is still xequence 2 but if you’re trying to stay au inside aum atom and dk are kinda tied since they both have things that are great and terrible lol

  • @Poppadocrock ya man it would be sweet to get more random options, the simple/complex option is kinda cool to do poly or mono random but it could get a little more specific, i’ve used it a couple times to get an idea down but hardly ever stick with the results as is.
    x2 is a bit big for simple tracks that’s why i like the idea of digikeys, but really they kinda take the same amount of setup steps and time when i think about it but it is using an external app which can be a bit much for a simple setup, i’m hoping he’ll make some kinda au that works just as good tho.

  • Sounds like we are on the same page about this. Gonna did more into Digikeys and see how it fits in for me.

    Now if we could just get @blueveek to chime in with a ballpark idea of when the Atom update will be available and what Will be in it... In lite of recent global events maybe his busy schedule has been somewhat changed. Who knows... @blueveek you around?

Sign In or Register to comment.