Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom piano roll is here !

And it is amazing!!!
Let's discuss 🌀
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/atom-piano-roll/id1455200044?mt=8&uo=4&at=10l4Ky&ct=forum

Atom | Piano Roll by Victor Porof

Comments

• I am so so so ready.

• Sweeeetness. My AUM universe is finally fulfilled. 🤪🙏🏼💕

• Just created some sequences in no time!!
    I love that it starts playing when AUM loops back to the beginning of the count...
    Trying to figure out if you can stop it automatically when it reaches the end of a loop so that your next sequence can start with no over lap

• The clip over lay and scale picker are top notch ideas!
    Clip over lay is freaking so helpful!! Epic

• My body is ready...

• @tk32 said:
    Congrats @blueveek

<3

Yes 🙌 congrats on this and the effect it will have over the entire iOS music creation experience

• Got it and dove right in. Just figured out that you need two fingers to scroll. Pretty elegant...

• edited April 2019

Well, that's the end of the day/week.....

• Does it have swing? Don’t mean a thing and all ... ;)

• @ALB said:
    Got it and dove right in. Just figured out that you need two fingers to scroll. Pretty elegant...

Same here, I watched his YouTube videos this morning so I was ready to go head first!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Well, that's the end of the day/week.....

Yup lol if you need me you know where to find me... 😆

• Very early impression...this is extraordinarily well done. Have been hoping something like this for ages, and am very excited to dig in to Atom.

• edited April 2019

@blueveek

Smooth editor!

Recording simple 8 step 1/8 100% gate from Autony results in truncated last (2) steps
    Repeated the same thing multiple times in differing gates and tempos with the same results.
    Tested in AUM

Repeated setup with with Riffer. No truncated notes. 🤔

Let us know where on the forum you want bugs reported or where else you want them forwarded/reported to.

• FYI: @_Ki tested Atom in Auria Pro (which updated to add MIDI FX support) and reports it is working there too. Many MIDI FX are having issues as well and many Apps not responding to MIDI FX that work with other Apps. I suspect the issues will get worked and get checked off with subsequent updates.

• May not be true for everyone, but even with the merest of fiddles I suspect this is going to take a lot of playing time away from Gadget in this stadium.

• The overlay thing is particularly inspired.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    May not be true for everyone, but even with the merest of fiddles I suspect this is going to take a lot of playing time away from Gadget in this stadium.

Same thought.
    Most interested in pulling up saved AUM sessions that were admirable but a little repetitive. Add in some actual intentional melodies, and I fully expect new life to be breathed into them.

• I am so damn happy with this app! I have all the DAWs and somehow always end up back at AUM. And this is the one thing I’ve always been missing in it.

• edited April 2019

Loving this, the editor and general workflow (undo, etc.) are excellent. Two things I'd like to see:

• Multiple clips in a single instance
    • Record MIDI channels separately
  • @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    May not be true for everyone, but even with the merest of fiddles I suspect this is going to take a lot of playing time away from Gadget in this stadium.

Same thought.
    Most interested in pulling up saved AUM sessions that were admirable but a little repetitive. Add in some actual intentional melodies, and I fully expect new life to be breathed into them.

Innarestin'. Hadn't even thought of going back....

• @TheVimFuego said:
    The overlay thing is particularly inspired.

Agree. Just might take me awhile to get my head around making the most of it...

• Hi guys, in IOS 11.4.1 I can’t see neither the piano roll with notes nor the vertical keyboard at the left.
    Does anyone know if there’s a specific setting in Accessibility to make it visible? Or maybe it’s a bug related to 11.4.1? It’s working fine in my other iPad with 12.1.4.

• That’s interesting, never seen that before. Let’s DM to debug, I’ll push out an update asap.

• @blueveek said:
    That’s interesting, never seen that before. Let’s DM to debug, I’ll push out an update asap.

DM sent with info. Thank you for your support!

• edited April 2019

@blueveek a great many thanks for this wonderful tool. I don’t think I’ll ever leave AUM now. This is what happiness sounds like from this day forward 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

• So far all is working fine :)

A few ‘minor’ requests if applicable.

When editing velocities of a ‘selection’ a ‘pen/line’ tool would be a welcome addition making it easier to do velocity ramps.

The ‘threshold’ near the time ruler is quite sensitive in setting playhead position making it harder to select single notes without using the lasso tool.

The lasso tool seems to default to add/remove notes to/from the selection.
    This makes selecting single notes a bit odd since an unselect is needed. Ok ‘Lasso’ can still be used if there’s not too many notes close to each other on the screen but...

Time to give ATOM some stars on the AppStore, Well done!
    (Time to install it on my iPhone too).

• @Samu said:
    So far all is working fine :)

A few ‘minor’ requests if applicable.

When editing velocities of a ‘selection’ a ‘pen/line’ tool would be a welcome addition making it easier to do velocity ramps.

Agreed, this is absolutely needed. Planned for an update.

The ‘threshold’ near the time ruler is quite sensitive in setting playhead position making it harder to select single notes without using the lasso tool.

Yeah, the area near the time ruler heavily biases towards time ruler related gestures. Any suggestions?

The lasso tool seems to default to add/remove notes to/from the selection.
    This makes selecting single notes a bit odd since an unselect is needed. Ok ‘Lasso’ can still be used if there’s not too many notes close to each other on the screen but...

Tip: you can also select notes in “pen” or “brush” mode, which defaults to single selection. Does this work for you?

There’s also long press gestures for all tools including selection. I’ll leave that up to you to discover :)

Time to give ATOM some stars on the AppStore, Well done!
    (Time to install it on my iPhone too).

Thanks!

• Bought it almost as soon as it went live, and loving it so far! I’ll be sure to report any bugs I find @blueveek.

Gotta admit, the whole “open” app development process has been really fun to follow with @blueveek and everyone in the forums. My greatest, most heart felt thank you to all the indie devs that hold this community together, your wonderful apps, and all the site users who give honest, open feedback to those in need of help. Thank you. Thank you. And, thank you!

• I bought it, but haven’t tried it yet.
    But I love it already, just from all the joy it is bringing to the forum.
    Seriously, there are some happy folks around here.
    :)