Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom piano roll is here !

1171819202123»

Comments

• @RajahP said:
    Can you do a refund after having Atom from inception? If yes, just might be a good way to ‘shake up’ this developer... Sweet Jesus, all I need is midi import, midi output and maybe midi channel routing...

That does seem a little unfair on the developer as you bought it with its features listed in the App Store. Even if features don't get added to an app, I don't think reducing income from it is going to encourage a developer to continue development - that might even have the opposite effect.

• I agree with this sentiment, and it's really unfair to punish a developer (especially in this environment) for not expanding beyond his initial conception. But I also feel @RajahP's frustration. It's so close and it fills a need that NO other app even comes close to. And yet it's completely hobbled.

Semi-related: How easy is it to record the midi performance of launching Atom clips by hand in Xequence2?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I agree with this sentiment, and it's really unfair to punish a developer (especially in this environment) for not expanding beyond his initial conception. But I also feel @RajahP's frustration. It's so close and it fills a need that NO other app even comes close to. And yet it's completely hobbled.

Semi-related: How easy is it to record the midi performance of launching Atom clips by hand in Xequence2?

Is complicated to say the least lol. Maybe it's just me because I bought xequence exactly for this reason but took me a week to figure out how to get all the parts working. And even then, if you use the loops it doesn't sound great arranged in a daw because the trails are cut. I digress. It WOULD be a lifesaver if atom could import and export midi. But seeing that it doesn't I just started recording my loops directly in AUM and then export those to cubasis 3.

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2020

@sly Midi output channel: Unfortunatly Atom does not support that feature (yet).

As work-around, you need to route Atoms output through another midi plugin that forces a new channel onto the midi stream.

There are multiple candidates, for instance Audio Veeks Midi Tools (Clone) ,or use one of the midi scripting plugins like Mozaic or Streambyter (there are channel scripts available for both)

• @sly said:
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how to change the midi channel for outputting midi in ATOM?

I think you would need to use AUM or similar to filter all other midi channels but am not sure.

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

mfxStrip is a quick, easy and inexpensive channel filter / changer. Just needs to go between the Atom output and wherever you need the midi to go.

• @RajahP said:
    Can you do a refund after having Atom from inception? If yes, just might be a good way to ‘shake up’ this developer... Sweet Jesus, all I need is midi import, midi output and maybe midi channel routing...

Sweet Jesus indeed. Maybe your parents can get a refund for the baby milk?

• @steve99 said:

@RajahP said:

Sweet Jesus indeed. Maybe your parents can get a refund for the baby milk?

Breast fed baby here.. No need to get jumpy... It’s not about the few bucks.. Was only kidding.. Would be nice to have Atom functional.. it is such a nice app.. would compliment EG Sampler well..in AUM..

Sorry if I offended anyone..

• Atom is functional even if maybe not how you want it.

I wanted something to record live midi into when there was no simple option to do that. Atom came along doing exactly what it promised. I bought it. Bingo.

If someone were looking for a simple AU midi recorder and read your post they’d conclude there was something fundamentally wrong with it, which there isn’t.

• True, @steve99 (are we related?? same last name)

But it's so close to being AMAZING....

• @audiblevideo said:
    Life gets in the way. I’m sure he’s busy, and then there’s what’s going on in the world.

I still use Atom. It’s a great tool. Use its strengths..

+1

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    True, @steve99 (are we related?? same last name)

I married into it :)

I don’t think the dev owes me anything for my 4.99 or whatever it was I paid. It’s an incredibly useful app.

I’d say there’s more chance of getting an amazing update or a new companion app by telling him how much his work is appreciated.

• @steve99 said:
    Atom is functional even if maybe not how you want it.

I wanted something to record live midi into when there was no simple option to do that. Atom came along doing exactly what it promised. I bought it. Bingo.

If someone were looking for a simple AU midi recorder and read your post they’d conclude there was something fundamentally wrong with it, which there isn’t.

I posted this response in another thread mistakenly...

@RajahP said:

@blueveek said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ricksteruk said:

On iOS ATOM will be great for allowing looping of MIDI ideas - but what will interest me most is if there is a way to switch between ATOM patterns like scenes.

Didn't @blueveek say he has a follow on app that will take care of this ? Atom to create the loops...then the follow on app to let you control when those loops are played...

Correct. For Atom, clip launching will be possible/ergonomic with a companion AU (yay for modular, right?).

@skrat said:

I believe with the paradigm of clips/scene launching, that was already mentioned here, you can actually build full songs. ATOM afaik does not include patterns feature yet, so it does not help, but I believe Audioveek is aware of this idea as he mentioned he will also start working on a clip launcher kind of app as a complement to ATOM (did I hear "Molecules"? :smile:)

It's been in development since December last year, and we've been nicknaming it "Superlatch" internally. It was actually supposed to be part of MIDI Tools, but didn't make thee cut. Release will follow after Atom | Piano Roll.

@AndyPlankton said:

@blueveek said:

@tk32 said:
    I’m very pleased you’re all excited to try Atom, but there’s no need to bump ...or ‘bump a bump’.

I can assure you this is the first place he’ll post when there’s any news.

AFAIK the schedule is still ‘soon’.

The schedule is now 'super duper soon' :D

Damn ! Better get searching down the back of the couch when I get home :D

99, I guess you are a newcomer... check what we were promised..here..

• My wish would be for a remote midi record trigger, I think he was working on adding that too. Let’s hope a future update can make us both happy.

• has anyone else had any issues with atom crashing while using sEGments? i havent had any issues with atom up until i started using sEGments. then every 10 minutes or so, all of my atom instances (anywhere from 1-3) will crash randomly whenever i use sEGments. maybe it’s another issues, i’m not sure.

• Haven’t had any crashes here @itsaghost but my sessions have been pretty simple and short.

• I normally just fantasize about apps and when I get one I fantasize about the next one. I actually started mucking around with AUM/Atom2/Synthmaster one after falling in love with the reed instruments /soar with me preset using modulation and pitchbend to jam on the sound. Can one record pitch and modulation in Atom 2 or any other way in AUM?

Cheers

• @audiomike said:
    I normally just fantasize about apps and when I get one I fantasize about the next one. I actually started mucking around with AUM/Atom2/Synthmaster one after falling in love with the reed instruments /soar with me preset using modulation and pitchbend to jam on the sound. Can one record pitch and modulation in Atom 2 or any other way in AUM?

Cheers

Good on you for doing a search on Atom and picking up this thread. However this is old Atom (1) thread that you've brought back from the dead (and really it should be closed IMO). I think you will want to ask your question in the Atom 2 thread that is on the 1st forum page or start a new thread.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44101/atom-piano-roll-2-is-now-available#latest