Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom piano roll is here !

Comments

• @Janosax said:
    BTW BeatHawk AUV3 midi output don't work anymore

Beathawk Auv3 midi output works fine for me. Hosted in AUM.

• @White said:

@Janosax said:

It’s on iPhone 7 Plus. Even IAA version midi output is broken here.

@blueveek Atom is the best option for my workflow today, light and easy to use. Just need at least pitch bend recording.

• edited June 2019

@Janosax said:

@White said:

@Janosax said:

@blueveek Atom is the best option for my workflow today (outside DAW) light and easy to use. Just need at least pitch bend recording.

• edited June 2019

@Janosax said:

@Janosax said:

@White said:

@Janosax said:

@blueveek Atom is the best option for my workflow today (outside DAW) light and easy to use. Just need at least pitch bend recording iFretless bass.

• edited June 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Janosax said:
    @blueveek when will come the next Atom update? Pitch bend recording HUGELY misses or iFretless bass, that’s a big issue for me.

BTW BeatHawk AUV3 midi output don't work anymore, Gadget Taipei isn’t able to send pitch bend via midi thru (iFretless/Tapei/AU), and Xequence is not stable with Audiobus...

A quick Atom update with basic features added like pitch bend recording waiting for a bigger one should be very appreciated!!!

I'm not aware of any current stability issues with Xequence in Audiobus. It would be great if you could take the time to send an email with more details so the issues can be investigated and fixed.

FWIW, I have found Xequence and AB3 to be a stable combo. My only complaint is that Xequence doesn't update its transport state correctly in the palette sometimes.

Ah yes, sorry about that... both that and the seemingly still existing "Audiobus preset sometimes doesn't contain saved Xequence state" problems should be fixed in Xequence 2 (which will use Ableton Link 3 for start/stop). I'm still wondering though if Start/Stop sync through Audiobus and Preset save/restore are absolutely and 100.000000000% reliable with every other Audiobus app, including complex apps and their states like Cubasis, Gadget etc.? Because frankly I'm still not 100% sure if this is a Xequence bug. I also still have not found a reliable way (or for myself, any way at all) to reproduce the "Missing Xequence state in preset" problem.

• edited June 2019

@Janosax said:

@Janosax said:

@Janosax said:

@White said:

@Janosax said:

Ok, I was testning it on iPad. It works fine on iPhone XS Max too.

• @Janosax said:
    @blueveek when will come the next Atom update? Pitch bend recording HUGELY misses or iFretless bass, that’s a big issue for me.

Yeah, supporting more MIDI messages like pitch bend or sustain, being able to specify MIDI out channels, and a few other quality of life improvements are definitely needed. I think a small dot update makes sense before rolling out 2.0 with automation and other goodies.

I've been building out the automation and clip triggering support, and these other various small fixes were relatively low priority for now (it's absolutely important to fix them, of course, but most people seem to work around them). I'm going to try and dedicate some time for back porting these fixes to an incremental update.

• @blueveek said:

@Janosax said:

Yeah, supporting more MIDI messages like pitch bend or sustain, being able to specify MIDI out channels, and a few other quality of life improvements are definitely needed. I think a small dot update makes sense before rolling out 2.0 with automation and other goodies.

I've been building out the automation and clip triggering support, and these other various small fixes were relatively low priority for now (it's absolutely important to fix them, of course, but most people seem to work around them). I'm going to try and dedicate some time for back porting these fixes to an incremental update.

Thanks for the continued effort...but please make Midi import a short list implementation candidate 👊🏼™️

• @SevenSystems said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Janosax said:

BTW BeatHawk AUV3 midi output don't work anymore, Gadget Taipei isn’t able to send pitch bend via midi thru (iFretless/Tapei/AU), and Xequence is not stable with Audiobus...

A quick Atom update with basic features added like pitch bend recording waiting for a bigger one should be very appreciated!!!

I'm not aware of any current stability issues with Xequence in Audiobus. It would be great if you could take the time to send an email with more details so the issues can be investigated and fixed.

FWIW, I have found Xequence and AB3 to be a stable combo. My only complaint is that Xequence doesn't update its transport state correctly in the palette sometimes.

Ah yes, sorry about that... both that and the seemingly still existing "Audiobus preset sometimes doesn't contain saved Xequence state" problems should be fixed in Xequence 2 (which will use Ableton Link 3 for start/stop). I'm still wondering though if Start/Stop sync through Audiobus and Preset save/restore are absolutely and 100.000000000% reliable with every other Audiobus app, including complex apps and their states like Cubasis, Gadget etc.? Because frankly I'm still not 100% sure if this is a Xequence bug. I also still have not found a reliable way (or for myself, any way at all) to reproduce the "Missing Xequence state in preset" problem.

The transport issue, at least, is reproducible. And I think AB transport control state is important. Btw, I prefer not to have to use link when I can avoid it. It seems to have an inherent one measure "count in" with most (all?) apps that harshes my mellow.

• @blueveek : imo ATOM's biggest need is MIDI file export/import. I find myself using another MIDI recording plugin almost exclusively for that single reason.

• edited June 2019

@espiegel123 @echoopera

Yup! That too.

• @espiegel123 said:

@SevenSystems said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Janosax said:

The transport issue, at least, is reproducible. And I think AB transport control state is important. Btw, I prefer not to have to use link when I can avoid it. It seems to have an inherent one measure "count in" with most (all?) apps that harshes my mellow.

Yep, it's all a bit unfortunate because there's SO many conflicting technologies by now that all have to run in parallel that I doubt that any kind of predictable / stable transport sync is possible across all apps and systems... however, I'm still trying my damndest to achieve that! ;)

• So exciting to hear some updates are coming, woo!

• edited June 2019

@blueveek said:

@Janosax said:

That’s great!!! Many thanks, can’t wait to record all those bass bends in Atom :smile:

• @espiegel123 said:
    @blueveek : imo ATOM's biggest need is MIDI file export/import. I find myself using another MIDI recording plugin almost exclusively for that single reason.

Me too.. +1

• Just wanted to say.
    I love atom ⚛

• @RajahP said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @blueveek : imo ATOM's biggest need is MIDI file export/import. I find myself using another MIDI recording plugin almost exclusively for that single reason.

Me too.. +1

+111111111111111111111111111111111111

What else to say

• Anyone getting a DSP spike when using Atom in AUM? Everting seems to work just fine until I press pause to stop AUMs playback, then I have a large DSP spike and resulting noise.

I’m on a Air2 iOS 12.3.1 with AUM set to 1024 buffer. The DSP is mostly running at under 42% until the spike of 100 plus.

Sorry if this problem is mentioned elsewhere, I’m late to the party :)

• @reasOne said:
    Just wanted to say.
    I love atom ⚛

Goes past infatuation for me--this one is like marriage love. I use Atom literally every day and it has become so routine for me to use that I don't even notice the virtues and charms most of the time. That's a high compliment, by the way. Way harder to create these kinds of "everyday tools" than shiny new objects that lose luster quickly.

• yes, great job on Atom, looking forward to the planned additions and then the next in the series of complimentary AUs which are going to be great

• I had asked earlier if there was a good way to specify the output channel of Atom for controlling hardware. I came up with a workaround today using AudioVeek MIDI Tools that is working flawlessly. In AUM, I have Atom loaded up and routed to an instance of MIDI Route from the tools set to filter channel 5. Then I have the MIDI Route sent to my sound/MIDI interface out in AUM. I have all 4 tracks of my AnalogFour being controlled by Atom. Woo!

• Looking forward to Midi Import/Export.

o:)

• Any news, previews, no pressure:). Love Atom, looking forward for this.
    Br

• @bobbfett said:
    Any news, previews, no pressure:). Love Atom, looking forward for this.
    Br

+1

• @RajahP said:
    Looking forward to Midi Import/Export.

o:)

+1 midi import/export pleeeeeaaaassssseeeee....

• @blueveek I still wish for setting of the midi-output channel.

Used in conjunction with several of my Mozaic scripts, one then can do Ableton like pattern switching. The scripts depend on the premise that all pattern come on different midi channels.

• @_ki said:
    @blueveek I still wish for setting of the midi-output channel.

Used in conjunction with several of my Mozaic scripts, one then can do Ableton like pattern switching. The scripts depend on the premise that all pattern come on different midi channels.

Workaround is to use MIDI Tools by @blueveek

• @Pierre118 said:

@bobbfett said:
    Any news, previews, no pressure:). Love Atom, looking forward for this.
    Br

+1

+1

• I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but is anyone else having a slight issue with extending the number of bars in Atom? When I try to grab the handle it often takes multiple goes before it’s actually ‘grabbed’ and I can extend/reduce the number of bars. I’m not sure if this is a problem with Atom or with ipadOS, or some other problem I’m not aware of. Anyone?

• What happened to @blueveek ? Is he still active?