Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

245

Comments

  • Well played, well played indeed.

    @Fruitbat1919 said:
    The most important part of my studio :D

  • @Jmcmillan said:

    My portable setup...headphones not pictured🙂)

    Snap! That’s my exact setup 😎 ...minus Auria

  • edited October 2018

    deleted post.

  • Sorry.error.

  • edited October 2018

    I don't have a studio per se - just an Air 2, mini 1, 6s with a bunch of cool apps, Roland JD-Xi, concert Yamaha Flute, Bansuri (6-hole bamboo Flute), Zoom H6, Rode SmartLav+, Blue Yeti, headphones (Koss KSC35 & Klipsch R6i, ATH-M50XBL), Bose SoundLink mini, Bamboo stylus, MacBook... As for apps, Cubasis, SynthMaster One, SwarPlug, Poison-202, Animoog, GeoShred, SpaceCraft, etc. are some of my favorites. A foldable/collapsible table, couch and some camera stands but I don't use most of the gear (going to use them soon).

    Just give me my iPad, headphones and stylus and I'll give you music :smiley:

  • edited October 2018

    I recently posted this pic to r/synthesizers and got many comments on my cheap speakers. Since then, I replaced them with a pair of IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors which fit perfectly on either side of the Eurorack case and I'm very pleased! All the hardware runs through the iPad using a UMC1820 and ADA8000. You can see/hear it in action at www.youtube.com/chisel316.

    https://vgy.me/2tiFrF.jpg

  • edited October 2018

    Here’s my saxophone studio!! Using a saxophone mute system with stuff outside/inside and my iPhone:

    My alternative studio, using iPhone internal mic with Shure SE215 IEM:

  • @waynerowand said:
    @99476598326 It’s very fun. Dc driver and envelope follower are a blast. CV radio is a nice addition and handy for coil pickups. Mixer section is convenient, if you need quiet it’s not for you. Haven’t had the opportunity to mess with the sensor section much, yet.

    I've got one coming to me in Australia. Can't wait.

  • @robertreynolds said:
    Some really nice setups here. I just reconfigured my little closet studio around my two Elektrons and my iPad.

    I’ve got my little studio set up in a closet also!😊

  • edited October 2018

    Studio and inspirations, Ada and Istanbul. Should have a poll... most atmospheric, techy,, neat, couch studio, awesome, etc. Roland FA07 to be replaced with Kawai MP 11 or 7se ( yay!)

    Love @chandroji 'a ( best atmosphere) @AudioGus best couch potato @chisel316 best tech @Janosax most esoteric

  • Some nice studio pics in this thread!
    Here's mine: (Whoops, forgot to include the iPad):

  • @TONBOGIRI said:
    Some nice studio pics in this thread!
    Here's mine: (Whoops, forgot to include the iPad):

    Is that photos from the 1990s?! ;)

  • @mistercharlie said:

    @TONBOGIRI said:
    Some nice studio pics in this thread!
    Here's mine: (Whoops, forgot to include the iPad):

    Is that photos from the 1990s?! ;)

    Wished I had some pics of my old studio - it had a rather large disc drive connected by sczi cable to my hardware sampler and a Zip drive! My Alesis Andromeda had one of these for saving files:

  • @mistercharlie Early 2000s :) Nowadays it's shrunk to just a laptop & an iPad. So much easier now, but less blinky lights so no cool pics.

    @Fruitbat1919 Ah yes the People Cannot Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms Card. :p

  • @TONBOGIRI said:
    @mistercharlie Early 2000s :) Nowadays it's shrunk to just a laptop & an iPad. So much easier now, but less blinky lights so no cool pics.

    @Fruitbat1919 Ah yes the People Cannot Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms Card. :p

    :D Yeah that’s the one!

  • @AudioGus said:
    Laying on the couch with BM9...

    This is great. I'd just need a fridge and a hole and could live there for 500 years.

  • Some awesome setups there - including the comfy couches ;)
    Also some reeeally nice geetars I noticed

    Thanks for sharing folks, it’s super interesting to see what everyone has. Serves as a reminder too that there are no rules when it comes to studios and setups - just whatever works for you :)

  • @chisel316 said:
    I recently posted this pic to r/synthesizers and got many comments on my cheap speakers. Since then, I replaced them with a pair of IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors which fit perfectly on either side of the Eurorack case and I'm very pleased! All the hardware runs through the iPad using a UMC1820 and ADA8000. You can see/hear it in action at www.youtube.com/chisel316.

    https://vgy.me/2tiFrF.jpg

    Looking forward to your next video!

  • Here’s my setup. Thanks to @chisel316 videos I have incorporated my iPad into my hardware rig today and bought a few new apps. Haven’t used the iPad now for a few years!

  • @sdesign said:
    Here’s my setup. Thanks to @chisel316 videos I have incorporated my iPad into my hardware rig today and bought a few new apps. Haven’t used the iPad now for a few years!

    How do you like the iLoud speaker? Been thinking of getting one for my portable rig!

  • @thatguysmitty said:

    @sdesign said:
    Here’s my setup. Thanks to @chisel316 videos I have incorporated my iPad into my hardware rig today and bought a few new apps. Haven’t used the iPad now for a few years!

    How do you like the iLoud speaker? Been thinking of getting one for my portable rig!

    I love it, sounds amazing, had it for years now. The only real downside for me is limited stereo seperation but I use headphones when mixing and mastering.

  • @TONBOGIRI said:

    @AudioGus said:
    Laying on the couch with BM9...

    This is great. I'd just need a fridge and a hole and could live there for 500 years.

    Hehe, thats the plan.

  • @sdesign said:
    Here’s my setup. Thanks to @chisel316 videos I have incorporated my iPad into my hardware rig today and bought a few new apps. Haven’t used the iPad now for a few years!

    Nice! The iPad plays very nicely with the Engine. Can't wait to see/hear your workflow.

    Peace \/
    chisel316

  • @chisel316 said:

    @sdesign said:
    Here’s my setup. Thanks to @chisel316 videos I have incorporated my iPad into my hardware rig today and bought a few new apps. Haven’t used the iPad now for a few years!

    Nice! The iPad plays very nicely with the Engine. Can't wait to see/hear your workflow.

    Peace \/

    I’m going to use it mainly as a sound source with AU/IAA synths/effects loaded into AUM. Seems to work pretty well so far!

  • @AudioGus said:
    I am alternating between these two setups this weekend.

    Standing with laptop, circuit and bm3 all nicely triggering in sync. (Todays revelation: the Circuit can pass midi clock thru it!)

    Laying on the couch with BM9...

    That's a sweet #couchrig (I'm trying to make that hash a "thing") :)

  • Now that the amazing Senode sequencer allows midi-triggering, it's allowed me to break free of the PC for my midi processing/triggering.

    This entire rig is based around the idea of being able to just flip on the power, sit down, and jam/improvise for hours. After like 2+ years, I've FINALLY got a setup that just works.

    It's 2 Nord Drum 3P's: Each one I use instrument panning so I can have essentially two signal path options per unit.

    These run into 4 Zoom multi-pedals that I modified so I can turn active effect on/off with external footswitches. I use the Zoom's delay's at the start of the chain to be like a looper (thus the biggest reason for the footpedals).

    These then run into the A&H DB4 which I LOVE even though it's stupid expensive because there's a 4 bar looper that's BPM sync'd per channel, as well as the amazing FX, again, per channel.

    Finally I've got an iPad running this amazing new midi-triggered sequencer that I can use to riff melodic stuff into the Nord Drum (each voice can be played chromatically).

    It's gonna be a while before I get some jams worth sharing... It's kind of mind-blowing. :)

    I am planning on doing some vids of what I'm doing with Senode as a "tutorial", but may be a while before I'm "production-ready".

  • @waynerowand said:

    Where I make my bleeps and bloops.

    I’ve got those KRK’s and the Yamaha mixer :)

    @chandroji said:
    A part of my Desktop Studio Setup

    A part of my iPad Studio Setup

    I’m thinking about to sell my Desktop Equipment but I’m not sure it will be a wise decision... 😎

    🎶

    No don’t, you’ve got a great setup there, NI are great.

  • edited October 2018

    @MonkeyDrummer very original concept, love it !

    Here's my setup...

  • @robertreynolds said:
    Some really nice setups here. I just reconfigured my little closet studio around my two Elektrons and my iPad.

    Cool! Where did you find those controller stands? I need a few of those. Thanks!

Sign In or Register to comment.