Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• edited July 2020

The shutterwax studio in Maine (sadly not where I live!). The recording setup is mine aside from the curved monitor. I hope to have a cool room like this at some point (that’s not 5 hours from my house!)

Oh, and the very cool mic I got my shutterwax partner Jeff for his birthday

Same setup in my dark basement...

• edited July 2020

I’ve left this here before:

/r/battlestations

• Moved in video tour coming soon I hope

• edited July 2020

I don’t mean to embarrass everyone with how spacious and luxurious my studio is. But it gets the job done when I have time.

• More clothes hangers!!!! @NoiseHorse 🤣

*For those who may have missed the comedic reference:

• @supadom said:
    Ha, every time I post in this thread my set up is radically different.

Nice setup.

Really like the drumkit and the stringed instrument on the wall.

There some cool rigs in this thread.

• edited July 2020

My trusted old friend Novation Launchkey Mini Mk1 coupled with my iPad 2018 and Sony MDR-V150 monitor headphones... a simple trio taking no space at all but highly effective.

• edited August 2020

Rebuilt the setup yet again. I decided to go with a multi tiered approach this time around. Let’s see how long it lasts🤪

• @echoopera said:
    Rebuilt the setup yet again. I decided to go with a multi tiered approach this time around. Let’s see how long it lasts🤪

New York City over there with the high rise!

• edited August 2020

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@echoopera said:

Hahah. I know right. Fortunately the Minilogue is below Eye level for me. The setup works since it’s in my clothing closet.

Jeans and Synths they always say...errrr no they don’t. Do what you gotta do they say 🤪

• @echoopera said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@echoopera said:

Hahah. I know right. Fortunately the Minilogue is below Eye level for me. The setup works since it’s in my clothing closet.

Jeans and Synths they always say...errrr no they don’t. Do what you gotta do they say 🤪

You’re wasting a perfectly good vocal booth you know! 😂

That’s a good looking setup, I know u got more 🔥 on the way

• edited August 2020

• Small office setup here. Room is only 3 x 4m, but it works pretty well for me

• My bed was my last studio during quarantine. Here is my setup.
    Auria Pro for final mixing

• Quantity over quality, I say...

• Ooooh, damn!

That's a big one!!!

• Hi All,

I wanted to post this here, I think I Posted it in the wrong place originally.

I love seeing the Hardware/IOS/Daw hybrid set ups. It is what I am doing too! It is just working out that way.

After investing over 5,000.00 in multiple versions of Pro Tools and their dedicated hardware. They switched to a subscription service...I did not.

I cannot update my OS and keep using Pro Tools, So I am phasing out that Software and interface. (I will keep a version on an old laptop just in case) I still have to mix about 6 songs that are PT Projects.

I delved into IOS production 1.5 years ago knowing nothing.

This Forum has helped me immensely THANK YOU!!!!

A few months ago I finished my first song written and sequenced on IOS. I tracked the vocals and mixed in Pro Tools (The devil you know..) and I will attempt to master it on IOS.

I have about 5 more on the IPad in different stages of completeness

I bought a Behringer XR-18 to use as a multi track interface to record on the iPad as it is class compliant. (My expensive Digidesign interface for Pro Tools is not!)

I have been creating Layered instruments in AUM for Live playing along with my hardware synths and electronic drums.

I have also purchased Reaper in case I need to track Audio with that, (Old habits die hard).

During the pandemic with all this time at home; I built this Home recording studio in an old wood working shack that was on my property

It is 10 feet wide and 20 feet long on the outside. After the insulation and 5/8th inch drywall it is only 9ft4inches wide and 19ft 4 inches long on the inside.

I poured a new concrete floor With self leveling concrete over the old cracked and extremely uneven floor. I tinted some concrete sealer for a mottled faux finish and two more coats of concrete sealer too keep the dust down.

I put in two dedicated electrical circuits: one for the music gear and one for the Air Conditioning, air cleaner and heat.

The Lighting is a 100 watt solar kit from Harbor Freight with one of their sealed batteries. It came with two light bulbs and fixtures but they were a harsh bright white so I purchased some warm soft white bulbs which is more pleasing to me. I also have some LED strip lighting to go in later.

The ceiling is double insulated (I am in the high desert in Southern California)

Along the top trusses is standard fiberglass insulation and the on top of the rafter beams is a layer of 1 inch foil coated EPS foam board.

In between the the beams is 3” thick Roxul (rock wool) supported by a canvas ceiling made from Harbor Freight drop cloths as a “non floating cloud sound absorber ceiling thing?” So I guess that really 3 layers of insulation.

I made 6 sound absorbers but I need 6 more and I need some bass traps plus a sound deflector on the back wall.

I need to adjust the keyboard stand/shelve heights and add some more lighting. I am just getting use to it all.

Thank you for your time.

• edited September 2020

oops...double post from above :)

• @chandroji, that is pure elegance! What, exactly, is it?

• @echoopera said:
    Redid my setup yet once again. I think this setup will stick for a while:

Would you be willing to show us a pic from a little farther away? I also have a Band-in-a-closet and I can’t quite tell how high or low everything is placed, or where you keep your sports jackets, monitors, etc. I constantly re group my stuff to attempt to find a creative workflow

• @NoiseHorse said:

@echoopera said:
    Redid my setup yet once again. I think this setup will stick for a while:

Would you be willing to show us a pic from a little farther away? I also have a Band-in-a-closet and I can’t quite tell how high or low everything is placed, or where you keep your sports jackets, monitors, etc. I constantly re group my stuff to attempt to find a creative workflow

Sure thing sir. Here you go:

FWIW, the Korg Minilogue is just below eye level and I'm 6'2"

• edited September 2020

@chandroji said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @chandroji, that is pure elegance! What, exactly, is it?

Hi Mike!

This is my trusty cable free iPad setup! 😊
    KORG NanoKontrolStudio & NanoKeyStudio and
    CME X-Key Air 37 Keyboard

Everything is running via Bluetooth and the size fits perfectly! 👍
    I also love the elegance! It’s a useful and beautiful combination.

• I added a mic stand today. Although I just use screen on bed. Setup has a foot rest drawer. You can still use foot switch on stool and you can stand and everything is perfect, including turntable and mixer. Dilema is Id like a better mixer but it would cost near to a polyend tracker etc and I cant be sure the fader upgrade I bought for this mixer ( which isnt suitable because of tapping sound, something to do with vca or vca routing ) will work with a new mixer or at worst. blow it. The original fader isnt that bad and dosent have tapping, so I could just buy a behringer soundcard ( think I should anyway, just to see if djplayerpro is ok ) Dont have scratch abilities much but after sampling in ios, it will be good for tracks.

A tip. In Drambo you can use a keyboard like microkey which has only 1 channel but use drambo to switch tracks and aum to filter. Its like scenes on a nanokey.

• No studio monitors.

• That grey blind. I moved here right. Started going sort of multi coloured and figured a grey blind would be best. Its actually a silver. When I fitted it. I felt kind of trapped like someone had shut me in with a bunker grade door or a lift door in a block of flats in East Peckham.

• @chandroji, I love the flatness.