Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

edited October 2018 in Other

Another thread about gear made me realise that I’m pretty minimal when it comes to my iPad ‘studio’. Still, all the basics are covered leaving me free to focus on updating/expanding only the software-defined elements.

I’ve attached a photo - you’ll see I share the space with my work computer (laptop and MacBook are not involved in music making). Notice also no monitors! I have a pair of neutral KRK headphones for mixing (I do checks on various sets of speakers).

C’mon, share a photo of your setup for the forum!

Comments

• edited October 2018

At this time, I am still just iPad and monitor speakers. I will eventually need to add a mic and some sort of hardware controller. I just can never make up my mind.

Another second hand iPad will be added soon.

Another set of speakers will be added to the shed ASAP and anything else will be on a basis of being portable - anything I add will have to be portable so that I can take my setup anywhere :)

• I have no studio at all. Just mostly the couch, macbook pro, iPhone and headphones.

• edited October 2018

Ice cube bins to raise the monitor up a bit. Hey....it works and costs about $2. I also built the pedal board from spare parts from a satellite teleport I work at.

• Live in the Sheepfold

• edited October 2018

I remember a few other threads about this. Lol, interesting how you mobile musicians have much bigger studios and more gear of what i would expect for a real "iOS musician" :)
    People which use more than one idevice is a fake mobile musician :D

• @Cib said:
    I remember a few other threads about this. Lol, interesting how you mobile musicians have much bigger studios and more gear of what i would expect for a real "iOS musician" :)

The acid test is can you fit your studio into a backpack ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Cib said:

The acid test is can you fit your studio into a backpack ;)

I can actually ;)

• @Cib said:

Totally fake mobile musician here.

:)

The iPad is a new thing for me. But ive done a mobile musician thing for years (hollowbody jazz guitar and voice).

The iPad is for me is a drum machine, synth, song part sequencer. And all of that can be still portable live. Have the iPad, usb hub, a couple midi controllers, and a mixer velcroed and wired onto a pedalboardesque setup.

And writing and working on the songs, just need the iPad for that, which is a boon.

But all of those sounds can be enhanced with my very unmobile studio space. While I am not 100% convinced any non musician listener would be able to tell the real Moog filters I have in my room from Filtatron, or real amps from amp sims, I get easier results having a chance to hear these things loud in the room thru non frfr speakers. Some of the subtle tube and ss saturation effects from my rack I havent heard the equal to in iOS.

Plus, Im still mainly a guitar player and singer. I need this little (sound proofed fyi) room just for marriage harmony.

• True story.

• Where I make my bleeps and bloops.

• Judging by these pics, not much has changed since I had a hardware studio - it’s all knobs and wires :D

• @waynerowand said:

Where I make my bleeps and bloops.

You must get a blast of cold air from the wind coming down the flue or hot feet from the fire! That mantle must come in handy. Love the setup. Ever hook your mini and monologue up for sync fun?

• Slimphatty will go when i can get a good enough money or trade deal for it and that money will be used to feed the crack case

• edited October 2018

I am alternating between these two setups this weekend.

Standing with laptop, circuit and bm3 all nicely triggering in sync. (Todays revelation: the Circuit can pass midi clock thru it!)

Laying on the couch with BM9...

• A part of my Desktop Studio Setup

A part of my iPad Studio Setup

I’m thinking about to sell my Desktop Equipment but I’m not sure it will be a wise decision... 😎

🎶

• @chandroji said:
    A part of my Desktop Studio Setup

Mmmm, Silky background and the mystery of the stairs... interesting plants and ornaments... where in the world is this place?

I’m thinking about to sell my Desktop Equipment but I’m not sure it will be a wise decision... 😎

🎶

Don't!

• @AudioGus said:

@chandroji said:
    A part of my Desktop Studio Setup

Mmmm, Silky background and the mystery of the stairs... interesting plants and ornaments... where in the world is this place?

🎶

Don't!

This place is in Berlin / Germany
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion! 😊

• edited October 2018

@jolico said:

Yamaha A3000? I used to have one of those.

• @kinkujin I have a blast there. The mantle is full of pictures of my family. I like my creative space full of those that I love.
    @chandroji Seconded, keep your hardware.

• Some really nice setups here. I just reconfigured my little closet studio around my two Elektrons and my iPad.

• @AudioGus said:

A-3000 Version 2. Hours of fun.

• @jolico said:

@AudioGus said:

A-3000 Version 2. Hours of fun.

Ahhh the Autosynth effect served me well.

• @waynerowand said:

Where I make my bleeps and bloops.

How do you like the field kit?

• @chandroji said:

Best thing i ever did.

• @99476598326 It’s very fun. Dc driver and envelope follower are a blast. CV radio is a nice addition and handy for coil pickups. Mixer section is convenient, if you need quiet it’s not for you. Haven’t had the opportunity to mess with the sensor section much, yet.

• edited October 2018

• Gotta make room for Yamaha MODX that’s backordered.

• To me the mobility of iOS Music Production is just another benefit of the format, not it's only reason for being. Usually I prefer the old school "studio proper" workspace, sitting at the desk, monitoring back & forth between my Sony MDR-7506's and the monitors, with everything set up ready to go.

But it just takes 2 minutes to grab my interface (Tascam US 2x2) or iRigHD & headphones, put them in a backpack with my iPad and anything else I need and then I'm "going mobile" as Pete Townshend puts it.

I love threads like this, getting to see how everyone else gets down, thanks @zeroG for getting a new one rolling & to everyone who is posting their setups...

• My portable setup...headphones not pictured🙂)

• The most important part of my studio :D