Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr

Comments

• @eross said:
    what is going on with samplr?
    an update?

Yes

what will be new?

Ableton link

will it be universal?

Dontknow

new features?

Ableton link (again)

when does it get released?

• I bought it last week. Now I’m 100% sure with my luck that I will have to pay again shortly for the new Samplr😂

• edited December 2019

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Funny, never really clicked with me this one. Bought it when it came out, but never used it in a track.

Lots of potential but overdue an update, 5 years is too long. If MIDI/AU/in-app recording is added to the new version then it'll get some use from me, otherwise...back into the cupboard.

If it never clicked with you until now I doubt it's magically going to do so with Link or/and recording. It syncs fine with other apps and records samples in its current form.

It doesn’t fit into my AUM workflow - doesn’t record, sync, pick up MIDI, no AU - any of the things the newer sampling apps do.

If it gets updated so I can use it properly then I may join the Cult Of Samplr, until then - Spacecraft, iDensity etc. for me.

I can see why it's popular, you can get a thing going in it like a self-contained sampling groove-box one-man-sampling-band, but that's not the way I work.

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Funny, never really clicked with me this one. Bought it when it came out, but never used it in a track.

Lots of potential but overdue an update, 5 years is too long. If MIDI/AU/in-app recording is added to the new version then it'll get some use from me, otherwise...back into the cupboard.

If it never clicked with you until now I doubt it's magically going to do so with Link or/and recording. It syncs fine with other apps and records samples in its current form.

It doesn’t fit into my AUM workflow - doesn’t record, sync, pick up MIDI, no AU - any of the things the newer sampling apps do.

If it gets updated so I can use it properly then I may join the Cult Of Samplr, until then - meh.

I hear you, but I find it just does things. Especially odd and other things. But, yes, that's nothing much more (to the listener) than cult talk. Still, I consider it one of the truly creative (by way of stimulus to the user etc) apps, but that's only true for you if it is of course...

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Telefunky said:
    I hope it doesn't get updated at all, but instead SamplR 2.0 is released as a new app.
    Suggesting 50 bucks upward - to give what's due and to eventually change the IOS price model for 1st class apps o:)

This is unrealistic, time and time again its been shown people don’t buy ios apps at that price. You could pay the dev via paypal 50 or 100 bucks no problem

Without sales figures it can be misleading to base an opinion on what's propagated in online communities.
    I bought the CMI app back in the days of the iPad One for $54 and found it frequently among top sales even years later. There's an Harmonica Sample lib selling in the same price domain, never been discussed here, and a top scorer, too. A professional piano tuning app sells for $200... there may be a silent majority out there... ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

If it gets updated so I can use it properly then I may join the Cult Of Samplr, until then - meh.

I hear you, but I find it just does things. Especially odd and other things. But, yes, that's nothing much more (to the listener) than cult talk. Still, I consider it one of the truly creative (by way of stimulus to the user etc) apps, but that's only true for you if it is of course...

It doesn't do anything other apps can do. ReSlice, Egoist, Spacecraft, Tardigrain, iDensity, Koala, AudioStretch etc., and all of those fit nicely into my AUM workflow.

I realise I'm stepping out of line here. Rule 1 of the Forum is you never, never disrespect Samplr, but I've never got into it.

But, an update would encourage me to dust it off and give it another spin.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

It doesn't do anything other apps can do. ReSlice, Egoist, Spacecraft, Tardigrain, iDensity, Koala, AudioStretch etc., and all of those fit nicely into my AUM workflow.

I realise I'm stepping out of line here. Rule 1 of the Forum is you never, never disrespect Samplr, but I've never got into it.

I like the fingering part.

• @Telefunky said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Telefunky said:
    I hope it doesn't get updated at all, but instead SamplR 2.0 is released as a new app.
    Suggesting 50 bucks upward - to give what's due and to eventually change the IOS price model for 1st class apps o:)

This is unrealistic, time and time again its been shown people don’t buy ios apps at that price. You could pay the dev via paypal 50 or 100 bucks no problem

Without sales figures it can be misleading to base an opinion on what's propagated in online communities.
    I bought the CMI app back in the days of the iPad One for $54 and found it frequently among top sales even years later. There's an Harmonica Sample lib selling in the same price domain, never been discussed here, and a top scorer, too. A professional piano tuning app sells for $200... there may be a silent majority out there... ;)

it goes both ways. Also to promo higher prices can be detrimental to sales when people don't know the sales figures. The silent majority will be looking for lowest prices at all times.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

If it didn't click with you then it may well never click. Not every great app is going to appeal to everyone.

With some apps, the workflow/interface is a key part of its functionality . While other apps may replicate aspects of its functionality, those apps don't feature the sort of rich interactivity and interconnectedness of the workflow...which is itself a feature which other apps don't have. It is a richly touch-based instrument , one of the few that really takes advantage of what iPad has to offer.

It feels like a pretty mature instrument. In my opinion once an instrument is complete, I don't feel like it needs to be updated for the sake of being updated.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    I bought it last week. Now I’m 100% sure with my luck that I will have to pay again shortly for the new Samplr😂

i'm feeling that this will be a free update ... it's been looooonnng overdue, and if it's just adding LINK support and some maintenance feature updates then it wouldn't make sense to release a new app and have previous users pay again.

• edited December 2019

Woah. Just found BM3 midi clock to Samplr works pretty damn well right now.

Edit: err, or not... heh, to the new future link update! Huzzah

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

If it gets updated so I can use it properly then I may join the Cult Of Samplr, until then - Spacecraft, iDensity etc. for me.

I can see why it's popular, you can get a thing going in it like a self-contained sampling groove-box one-man-sampling-band, but that's not the way I work.

Cool, I didn't realise you were on AUM. It fits audiobus like a glove and works alongside a loopy like a dream.All of the above through various instances of turnado...heaven. I haven't evolved for the last 5 years so that's that.

Interesting, all of the apps you mention as alternatives and more, I totally don't get on with them Inc reslice and spacecraft. It’s gotta be the case of different brain types etc. ;)

• @supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cool, I didn't realise you were on AUM. It fits audiobus like a glove and works alongside a loopy like a dream.All of the above through various instances of turnado...heaven. I haven't evolved for the last 5 years so that's that.

Interesting, all of the apps you mention as alternatives and more, I totally don't get on with them Inc reslice and spacecraft. It’s gotta be the case of different brain types etc. ;)

Funny business because you are two of the odd ducks, just in slightly different ponds obviously :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

Funny business because you are two of the odd ducks, just in slightly different ponds obviously :)

I can see how it’d fit @supadom better as he works differently to me (as far as I can tell), more live performance oriented, with proper instruments.

I tend to sit here in a battered armchair, pissed, recording squeaks and pings and layering them either in a DAW, or as a multi-app AU AUM jam for further reworking on the desktop.

If I was working live, and didn’t use AUM so much I reckon I’d love it more.

I use ReSlice for rhythmic sampling, and spacecraft for ambient/soundscaping. And as they’re both AU’s, I can stack them up into a big thing.

If Samplr gets an AU update though, then it’ll fit much nicer into AUM - no jumping from screen to screen, I can trigger it via Riffer, and stack up multiple instances.

• Samplr is engrossing in a way few ios apps are. But the fact is — for me, anyway — that the results are often underwhelming. I’m enthralled while playing IN Samplr; just haven’t found a use for its output in any tracks. Spacecraft, however, I find totally musical and usable.
    But Link will help a lot i think. It’s not worth $50. But I’d pay $12.99 or whatever it was again.

• If samplr get some syncing to host features like retriggering gestures, slices etc..

Dropbox import crashes samplr currently.

Move from 16bit to 24/32bit, higher sample rate.

There are some nice upgrades which would be cool if done.

• edited December 2019

Realized why I never really got into it after firing it up today.... it syncs to nothing (well not in AUM).. but can see the potential with AB link S/S, maybe Au... oh, and sample transposing to key/scale...

Just might be an alternative to Serato Sample for iOS.

Edit... oh, timestretch...😇

• @RajahP said:
    Realized why I never really got into it after firing it up today.... it syncs to nothing (well not in AUM).. but can see the potential with AB link S/S, maybe Au... oh, and sample transposing to key/scale...

If it did timestretch ala Serato Sample...then it would be perfect!

• edited December 2019

@thatguysmitty said:

@RajahP said:

Fingers crossed.. would give BM3’s sampler a run too..

• @RajahP said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@RajahP said:

Facts! I really wish that they would just port Serato Sample to iOS. It’s one of the few things that’s keeping locked onto the desktop for composing tunes...along with Ableton for finishing tracks.

• @thatguysmitty said:

@RajahP said:

Ok.. seems it does time stretch... at the end of the video and just tested it..

• @thatguysmitty said:

@RajahP said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@RajahP said:

Facts! I really wish that they would just port Serato Sample to iOS. It’s one of the few things that’s keeping locked onto the desktop for composing tunes...along with Ableton for finishing tracks.

But really, who needs Serato if this thing is updated? Looking good..

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

Odd duck suits me just fine sir...thanks. Yeah, the pond preference makes all the difference :)

• .> @RajahP said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@RajahP said:

How?? When I change the BPM, the pitch changes too.

• @rs2000 said:
    .> @RajahP said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@RajahP said:

How?? When I change the BPM, the pitch changes too.

Yep, seems so.. seems it stretches but don’t preserve pitch..

• @RajahP said:

It does sync if you use Loopy as a sync go between. I used to sync it to BM2 using Loopy.

• edited December 2019

@philowerx said:

@RajahP said:

It does sync if you use Loopy as a sync go between. I used to sync it to BM2 using Loopy.

Well, AB Link seems to be confirmed with the pending update..that should fix things..

• I used to use it with Midi Link sync and it worked pretty well as far as I can remember.
    Will use it some more with Ableton Live when it gets built in Link for sure.

• @Carnbot said:
    I used to use it with Midi Link sync and it worked pretty well as far as I can remember.
    Will use it some more with Ableton Live when it gets built in Link for sure.

I haven't tried Midi Link Sync but I found Link to Midi worked really well with samplr. The only thing was that it wouldn't save with the host preset.

These days those apps are not needed if you use Audiobus.

• edited December 2019

It syncs perfectly here, always has.
    Hosted in AB3 or using one of the free link to midi apps.

Curious if there’s anything else included. It’s already 99.99% perfect!

Effects per track would be amazing to have.