Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm a beta tester of the new logo. I'll post an AB preset of it later so you can see how good it looks. Toodle Lee dooo, looks better than anything you've seen before!

Lulz. He’s never going to live that down, is he?

• @supadom said:
    He's responded with 'what are you on about' emoji. I wonder what he means by that.

Hmm. I think of that more as the 'I dunno you kids let your weird old uncle have a little think about it and I'll see what I've got here in my special pocket for you...' kind of face. Might just be me. Update to 13 maybe?

• edited December 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:
    He's responded with 'what are you on about' emoji. I wonder what he means by that.

Hmm. I think of that more as the 'I dunno you kids let your weird old uncle have a little think about it and I'll see what I've got here in my special pocket for you...' kind of face. Might just be me. Update to 13 maybe?

Weird uncle, pocket and something special in it. Mmmm...not sure I'd let that uncle babysit my kids

• Maybe wasn't he who update the icon?

• Maybe it’s just an update to the logo. :-)

• For me...

Samplr : Sound :: Paint : Canvas

Love to you Marcos. Long live Samplr.

From your biggest fan,
    Flight Manual

• That’s good to hear, Link will add some much needed usability :smile:

• edited December 2019

Credit where it’s due eh?

http://jadeane.com/blog/wed-12252019-1033

• @ajmiller said:

You mean like two posts up, and then the link is quoted in another reply?

• Nope - to the original blog post. I’m not bothered about any credit but why extract an image of a web page and post that without linking to the original blog? Never mind!

• Weee, good news.

• @ajmiller said:

How about the Beta tester respect the developer and not mention anything until the app and update is released.

Not cool.

• edited December 2019

Might be worth checking out who the ‘beta tester’ is first - hence my reason for the link!

http://jadeane.com/about

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

How about the Beta tester respect the developer and not mention anything until the app and update is released.

Not cool.

• @ajmiller said:
    Might be worth checking out who the ‘beta tester’ is first - hence my reason for the link!

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

Not cool.

If he’s anyone other than the Developer, then it doesn’t matter who he is or what he’s achieved.

The Dev didn’t want it talked about before release.

• Hence my reason for the link!

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

Not cool.

If he’s anyone other than the Developer, then it doesn’t matter who he is or what he’s achieved.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

Not cool.

Do you have reason to believe that Marcos Alonso asked beta testers not to disclose information. If he did ask them to keep things secret this would have been bad form. But he might not have requested secrecy -- heck, he even gave a Twitter shout-out to Jakob Haq implying that something was coming.

Unless a developer has beta testers participate in an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) (either formally or informally -- such as by asking beta testers not to talk about the project), beta testers aren't being uncool by mentioning a beta. In fact, developers often rely on word-of-mouth from beta testers.

• @espiegel123 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

Not cool.

Do you have reason to believe that Marcos Alonso asked beta testers not to disclose information. If he did ask them to keep things secret this would have been bad form. But he might not have requested secrecy -- heck, he even gave a Twitter shout-out to Jakob Haq implying that something was coming.

Unless a developer has beta testers participate in an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) (either formally or informally -- such as by asking beta testers not to talk about the project), beta testers aren't being uncool by mentioning a beta. In fact, developers often rely on word-of-mouth from beta testers.

Yes, Beta Testers we’re kindly asked not to say anything until release.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

Not cool.

I will remove my post. Perhaps others will choose to do likewise.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

Not cool.

well, today I bought Samplr thanks to this Dino’s indiscretion.

• @SpookyZoo said:

So you're beta testing Samplr?

@Faland said:

well, today I bought Samplr thanks to this Dino’s indiscretion.

Same!

• Great to hear the app has a couple of new users. You’re gonna love it.

• @fprintf said:

@ajmiller said:

You mean like two posts up, and then the link is quoted in another reply?

I assumed he was just sampling the thread.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

Not cool.

Thanks for the clarification. He was out of line given that he was told not to say anything.

• edited December 2019

As a courtesy to developers, when I’m beta testing, I always operate as if I am under “frieNDA” by default. Until I have explicit permission to share, I don’t share.

I also do this for my own benefit. I want developers to know that I am trustworthy, so I can keep beta testing.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ajmiller said:

Not cool.

Hi everyone. It’s not Dino’s fault. I asked beta testers to keep it a secret until the update is ready but I forgot to tell Dino 🤦‍♂️. He didn’t know I wanted to keep it a secret so it is my fault.

I hope the update is ready as soon as possible. Thanks for your continued interest in Samplr. Happy holidays!

Marcos

• @Marcos said:

Hi everyone. It’s not Dino’s fault. I asked beta testers to keep it a secret until the update is ready but I forgot to tell Dino 🤦‍♂️. He didn’t know I wanted to keep it a secret so it is my fault.

I hope the update is ready as soon as possible. Thanks for your continued interest in Samplr. Happy holidays!

Marcos

Looking forward to it. Samplr is one of the most elegant and unique designs if any app. Designers should study it. Thanks for keeping it alive.

• What? You never seen a picture of @superdom before?