Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr

1234568»

Comments

• I like the play button latch option :)

• Anyone have a recommendation for some good Samplr tutorials? I love the concept of the app but have never gotten much useful out of it. Maybe it just doesn’t click with my brain. I wish the clicking in my brain would stop actually...

• You can now choose input for audio interfaces, pretty sure that's new too :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Wow, panning is in the room :)
    Nice update!
    and Files access is back.
    How do you access the panning, and can you automate it?

Access panning by tapping the Sample button, upper left second button down. Doesn't look like you can automate

• @hightunnels said:

@Carnbot said:
    Wow, panning is in the room :)
    Nice update!
    and Files access is back.
    How do you access the panning, and can you automate it?

Access panning by tapping the Sample button, upper left second button down. Doesn't look like you can automate

Thanks, yeah was hoping it'd be on the interface...and be able to automate it, but maybe one day. :)

• @mrufino1 said:
    Anyone have a recommendation for some good Samplr tutorials? I love the concept of the app but have never gotten much useful out of it. Maybe it just doesn’t click with my brain. I wish the clicking in my brain would stop actually...

Take a look a the page for it in the Audiobus wiki. There are some links to some good demonstrations/tutorials.

• @espiegel123 said:

@mrufino1 said:
    Anyone have a recommendation for some good Samplr tutorials? I love the concept of the app but have never gotten much useful out of it. Maybe it just doesn’t click with my brain. I wish the clicking in my brain would stop actually...

Take a look a the page for it in the Audiobus wiki. There are some links to some good demonstrations/tutorials.

Ah, cool, will do. I was just playing with it now and it still baffles me. My usual disclaimer applies that I’m a bassist and live/ studio engineer for stuff that mostly involves live playing, so sampling stuff is not the way I came up making music, but it’s interesting to me.

• @kobamoto said:
    This is an official unofficial notice to let you know that The Samplr App has become a full Production App.

I'd like to thank a few people for making this possible through their innovative ideas and ongoing support ... First of all Marcos Alonso without whom none of this would have been possible but also , Alonso Marcos, Aarcos Malonso, and of course Socram Osnola for developing and maintaining this Work of Art, this Instrument and Production Environment. On behalf of the IOS Community and the Panning association of america, we salute you and all of your endeavors... Thank You.

Our work here is done.

• @mrufino1 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@mrufino1 said:

Ah, cool, will do. I was just playing with it now and it still baffles me. My usual disclaimer applies that I’m a bassist and live/ studio engineer for stuff that mostly involves live playing, so sampling stuff is not the way I came up making music, but it’s interesting to me.

Samplr is mostly about live playing with the samples via a number of different modalities -- each of which is kind of its own sort of instrument. I personally haven't used it on any projects yet BUT I get a lot of joy out of using it for entertainment -- and for getting out of ruts by loading in some phrases and playing them with the various tools which sometimes causes me to hear something new.

• latch makes all the difference to me. now that proper sync and latch are here I can finally integrate it into my setup! so stoked.

• hopefully midi control is on its way, but I'm not about to hold my breath..

• What is panning?

... joking. I know it’s when you move your camera from one direction to another.

... oops. wrong forum.

ps: I love this forum too. And thanks to Marcos for bringing back this gem. It’s pretty difficult to balance work, family and side projects so all the effort is appreciated.

• @kobamoto said:
    and of course Socram Osnola for

I saw what you did with right-to-left panning automation there.

• @bleep said:

@kobamoto said:

I hafta to say I saw that bit of jiggery pokery and immediately adopted Socram to be a character in my next short story...oldest son of Mr and Mrs Osnola, displaced persons who came to America in hope of a better life for their children. Live in Coral Gables, Florida now.

• Wish Xequence could have that 'Button to return to the IAA host' ... would make life so much easier....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@bleep said:

@kobamoto said:

I hafta to say I saw that bit of jiggery pokery and immediately adopted Socram to be a character in my next short story...oldest son of Mr and Mrs Osnola, displaced persons who came to America in hope of a better life for their children. Live in Coral Gables, Florida now.

Yes but who is Lorac Selbag?

• Sorry to ask a really stupid question.. what’s play button latch?

• @jangomango18 said:
    Sorry to ask a really stupid question.. what’s play button latch?

Until now you had to hold main play/stop button down (bottom left) to be able to start/stop individual tracks.
    Now you can set latch mode in project setting (top left button, bottom of the list) and start/stop tracks with single tap.

• edited April 2020

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@bleep said:

@kobamoto said:

Yes but who is Lorac Selbag?

That bastard mad assassin and some time miniaturist? He'll be in there too. Promise.

• @mrufino1 said:

Ask and ye shall receive...

• Wow, thanks @robertreynolds , 1 minute in I already love watching him.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Wow, thanks @robertreynolds , 1 minute in I already love watching him.

He's, you know, Cuckoo.

• Panning 😳 Worlds end is near.
    First step to multi-frequency-band panning ;)

• I’m picturing @kobamoto weeping tears of joy.

One tear from the left eye, one tear from the right, etc...

• edited April 2020

@gusgranite said:
    I’m picturing @kobamoto weeping tears of joy.

I am also pleased, however there is a thing in life about getting exactly what you want and all of it also.....fortunately, there is still the matter of PlayGround to be dealt with...

• edited April 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

I am also pleased, however there is a thing in life about getting exactly what you want and all of it also.....fortunately, there is still the matter of PlayGround to be dealt with...

From an unknown location perhaps one of the deepest caverns atop one of the highest mountains somewhere in the Himalayas and expectedly irritable about that contradiction but with no time to worry about it now, he looks up at the monitor with sweat on brow at Johnny's words.. and without a single sound.. just the subtlest of nods and a clasping of hands he thinks to himself, yes Goodyear the resistance continues for our work is done, but it is not.. done.. yet...

• @kobamoto said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

From an unknown location perhaps one of the deepest caverns atop one of the highest mountains somewhere in the Himalayas and expectedly irritable about that contradiction but with no time to worry about it now, he looks up at the monitor with sweat on brow at Johnny's words.. and without a single sound.. just the subtlest of nods and a clasping of hands he thinks to himself, yes Goodyear the resistance continues for our work is done, but it is not.. done.. yet...

• edited April 2020

@kobamoto said:

🙂👍