Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr

Comments

• when Marcos sees that 'Say it to me M.A.R.C.O.S.' he's gonna die :D

• edited September 2019

@kobamoto said:
    when Marcos sees that 'Say it to me M.A.R.C.O.S.' he's gonna die :D

I think of him as somewhere between the Subcomandante and Bongbong....

• can you imagine having that kind of power and being so casual about it, this guy knows that he could crack open the IOS time space continuum with any number of Samplr updates and he doesn't even sweat it

• Have heard on various threads here and on other places that he is forbidden from developing this app further but is permitted to allow future compatibility with iOS updates.
    I wouldn't get too excited but would be delighted if I'm wrong on this!

• I've heard it too, if it's true he should tell us.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Have heard on various threads here and on other places that he is forbidden from developing this app further but is permitted to allow future compatibility with iOS updates.

so ... AUv3 with mic :) perfect for me

• edited September 2019

@FlightManual said:
    I think Samplr is worth the price of an iPad.

I agree. I did just that. Had the first retina iPad and sold it a number of years ago. I regretted leaving behind samplr. I looked for anything like it and finally couldn’t take waiting further, so last year bought an iPad to play with it again.

• @kobamoto said:
    can you imagine having that kind of power and being so casual about it, this guy knows that he could crack open the IOS time space continuum with any number of Samplr updates and he doesn't even sweat it

He also knows that his old app is working perfectly while gathering dust in some cupboards while there’s a collective wow every time he opens his mouth. Maybe the occasional collective wow is what he prefers? Could milk it for another year or two. ;)

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Have heard on various threads here and on other places that he is forbidden from developing this app further but is permitted to allow future compatibility with iOS updates.

Eh? Why is he forbidden from developing Samplr further? Is it not his app anymore?

• @Beathoven said:
    Eh? Why is he forbidden from developing Samplr further? Is it not his app anymore?

I imagine it is something like: Apple doesn't want employees competing with their own Apple software. Apple has a music product (GarageBand) and Samplr is a music product. Seems fair enough...

• @Simon said:

@Beathoven said:

I imagine it is something like: Apple doesn't want employees competing with their own Apple software. Apple has a music product (GarageBand) and Samplr is a music product. Seems fair enough...

Or maybe the fact that as an Apple Employee they now own any ideas he may have.

• edited September 2019

@Telefunky said:

Sidenote: it will remain a mystery to me forever why none of the IOS developers simply copied the functionality of Bias Peak (probably the most successful audio editor in Mac OS). o:)

this ^^^

my first 'scrub' of a waveform was with Bias' Peak, groundbreaking moments in audio editing!!!

As for Samplr - still one of a kind IMHO, sure would be great to see it updated

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Or maybe the fact that as an Apple Employee they now own any ideas he may have.

Yeah, that too.

I can understand Apple's position. It is nice that he updates it so it still works with the latest iOS.

• I'm going to abuse samplr the rest of September and October and make a small little ep with it, been using it since this thread revival and man I forgot how cool it was. Really wondering what is gonna happen with it... Hopefully it doesn't die like alchemy and become a garbage band thing, that would be hella depressing

• edited December 2019

Oh is a update on its way Samplr on FB has updated its picture app icon profile picture.

Doesn’t look a lot different so maybe a red herring!

• It’s a sign of life anyway...

• System shock

• Mind. Blown. It’s happening...

• Hell yeah. Freaking fabulous.

• long time love, the first iOS app that really wowed

• New app: Dramblr

• @kgmessier said:
    New app: Dramblr

This one needs its own thread!

Need beta testers or did the developer go with robots this time to avoid demise of humanity?

• @supadom said:

@kgmessier said:
    New app: Dramblr

This one needs its own thread!

Need beta testers or did the developer go with robots this time to avoid demise of humanity?

All those names... Gramblr was once the go to instagram app for people that wanted to upload pics to instagram through Mac

• I'm a beta tester of the new logo. I'll post an AB preset of it later so you can see how good it looks. Toodle Lee dooo, looks better than anything you've seen before!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm a beta tester of the new logo. I'll post an AB preset of it later so you can see how good it looks. Toodle Lee dooo, looks better than anything you've seen before!

Hahaha!

• Finally Samplr is alive! I choose to believe that this time it’s for real. [Lucy holding football for Charlie Brown gif here.]

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm a beta tester of the new logo. I'll post an AB preset of it later so you can see how good it looks. Toodle Lee dooo, looks better than anything you've seen before!

But you can't open it because it is in a format from 2055

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Well played, Luke 👊🏼😁

• Updated his profile and responded to it being a thing in the iPad Musician group.

• @philowerx said:
    Updated his profile and responded to it being a thing in the iPad Musician group.

He's responded with 'what are you on about' emoji. I wonder what he means by that.