Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Grooverider GR-16 Tips And Tricks Megathread!

Comments

• I'm back! But is there a way to ensure that the notes inserted in the GR16 are at 127 velocity? Because I noticed that by default it sets them at 96 speed!

• @dav30383 said:
    I'm back! But is there a way to ensure that the notes inserted in the GR16 are at 127 velocity? Because I noticed that by default it sets them at 96 speed!

Yeah you can do that. It’s one of the options in the part settings menu

• Any word from the developer... Wishing him well.

• @FordTimeLord said:

@dav30383 said:
    I'm back! But is there a way to ensure that the notes inserted in the GR16 are at 127 velocity? Because I noticed that by default it sets them at 96 speed!

Yes yes thanks, found it 😄 in fact by default it was set to 96 😄 now a more difficult question: I'm using the GR16 as a sequncer for Korg Gadget and everything works well, but I can't use An external midi keyboard, in the sense that only pad 1 plays, why?

• Sounds like you're in Trigger mode @dav30383.

• @dav30383 said:

@FordTimeLord said:

@dav30383 said:

Yes yes thanks, found it 😄 in fact by default it was set to 96 😄 now a more difficult question: I'm using the GR16 as a sequncer for Korg Gadget and everything works well, but I can't use An external midi keyboard, in the sense that only pad 1 plays, why?

Midi in omni mode would do that if you are sending midi on channel 1

• @rs2000 said:
    Sounds like you're in Trigger mode @dav30383.

The problem is precisely this, in the "trigger" mode it sounds right, but when I enter the keymode only channel one continues to play, eh

• @dav30383 said:

@rs2000 said:

The problem is precisely this, in the "trigger" mode it sounds right, but when I enter the keymode only channel one continues to play, eh

In the midi settings change to poly mode.

Here is the manual
    https://www.jimaudio.pro/grooverider/grooverider_manual.pdf

• @espiegel123 said:

@dav30383 said:

@rs2000 said:

Here is the manual

I've read the manual and I can assure you that it doesn't work. But it doesn't matter

• @dav30383 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@dav30383 said:

@rs2000 said:

Here is the manual

I've read the manual and I can assure you that it doesn't work. But it doesn't matter

You've chosen poly mode and set the midi channel of your controller to a channel other than one?

i've just tested it for myself and each midi channel is routed to the corresponding track.

• @espiegel123 said:

@dav30383 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@dav30383 said:

@rs2000 said:

Here is the manual

You've chosen poly mode and set the midi channel of your controller to a channel other than one?

i've just tested it for myself and each midi channel is routed to the corresponding track.

yes, this is true, but my problem arises when I use gr16 & korg gadget 3. If I put channel 2 (pad2) on the gr16, only channel 1 always plays! Whether I put "omni" or "poly". However, if I only use Gr16 everything works correctly

• @dav30383 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@dav30383 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@dav30383 said:

@rs2000 said:

Here is the manual

yes, this is true, but my problem arises when I use gr16 & korg gadget 3. If I put channel 2 (pad2) on the gr16, only channel 1 always plays! Whether I put "omni" or "poly". However, if I only use Gr16 everything works correctly

Can you explain what you are trying to do more specifically and how you have it set up?

• Ok. I created 16 "machines" on Korg Gadget 3 by setting the midi channels from 1 to 16, I connect the AKAI Mini MK3 to the iPad; now on the GR16 I want to play the keyboard on the midi channel I want in this way That sounds the machine on reference gadget, but it doesn't work! I click on Trigger, select for example pad 8 (therefore midi channel 8), and enter Key mode on the GR16, but when I go to use the Keyboard plays in pad 1 (therefore midi channel 1)

• @dav30383 said:
    Ok. I created 16 "machines" on Korg Gadget 3 by setting the midi channels from 1 to 16, I connect the AKAI Mini MK3 to the iPad; now on the GR16 I want to play the keyboard on the midi channel I want in this way That sounds the machine on reference gadget, but it doesn't work! I click on Trigger, select for example pad 8 (therefore midi channel 8), and enter Key mode on the GR16, but when I go to use the Keyboard plays in pad 1 (therefore midi channel 1)

What midi channel is your controller sending?

What mode is gr16 in?

You are running gr16 as a standalone?

Are you trying to trigger gr16’s sounds or gadget’s?

Are you trying to send midi to gr16 and have it pass it on to
    Gadget?

• I want to play Korg gadgets through the gr16 so as to take advantage of the mute Sync, but in the notes I want to insert them using the keyboard and not the pads

• @dav30383 said:
    I want to play Korg gadgets through the gr16 so as to take advantage of the mute Sync, but in the notes I want to insert them using the keyboard and not the pads

Can you answer the other questions?

• Gr16 stand alone, Korg Stan alone, using virtual midi Port for the bridge and if i use only gr16 all ok, buy with the Key board play Always and only Channel 1

• @dav30383 said:
    Gr16 stand alone, Korg Stan alone, using virtual midi Port for the bridge and if i use only gr16 all ok, buy with the Key board play Always and only Channel 1

You left a number of the questions answered.

Are you hoping to send midi channel 1 to gr16 and have it through to gadget on the channel that corresponds to the current track?

• @dav30383 : it still isn't clear to me how you have Gadget and GR16 setup and exactly what you are trying to achieve. If you are thru-ing the MIDI from your controller from GR16 to Gadget, you need to change the MIDI channel on your controller if you want your live playing to trigger a Gadget that is mapped to a channel other than channel 1. GR16 does not re-channelize the MIDI that it passes through.

I don't know if that is relevant to what you are trying to do -- as I am still unclear about what you are trying to do.

• @espiegel123 said:

@dav30383 said:
    Gr16 stand alone, Korg Stan alone, using virtual midi Port for the bridge and if i use only gr16 all ok, buy with the Key board play Always and only Channel 1

Are you hoping to send midi channel 1 to gr16 and have it through to gadget on the channel that corresponds to the current track?

Exact! Depending on the pad (midi channel) of the GR16, I want to do as you say! But it doesn't work, in the sense that only pad 1 works, if I choose pad 2, I continue playing only pad 1

• @dav30383 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@dav30383 said:

Exact! Depending on the pad (midi channel) of the GR16, I want to do as you say! But it doesn't work, in the sense that only pad 1 works, if I choose pad 2, I continue playing only pad 1

It isn't designed to re-channelize like that. Thru passes through the MIDI it receives. You will need to change the channel on your midi controller when you want to change the Gadget that responds to your playing.

• I had imagined it to be a limit, but it's a shame, it could have been interesting

• The day I create an app, I will create the new Roland, I have some visionary ideas ha ha ha

• GR-16 has 16 pads and responds on 16 midi-channels.
    It's perfectly logical when using GR-16 as a multi-timbral sound module :sunglasses:

Most well thought out midi-controllers allow the user to quickly change the midi-channel that the controller transmits on.
    Midi-controllers that do not allow the user to quickly change the midi-channel it transmits on should be banned...

• @Samu said:
    GR-16 has 16 pads and responds on 16 midi-channels.
    It's perfectly logical when using GR-16 as a multi-timbral sound module :sunglasses:

Most well thought out midi-controllers allow the user to quickly change the midi-channel that the controller transmits on.
    Midi-controllers that do not allow the user to quickly change the midi-channel it transmits on should be banned...

I understand, but if I play channel 2 from the GR16, why the fuck does it play channel 1 from the GR16??

• @dav30383 said:

@Samu said:
    GR-16 has 16 pads and responds on 16 midi-channels.

I understand, but if I play channel 2 from the GR16, why the fuck does it play channel 1 from the GR16??

If you're using a controller it's transmitting on midi-channel one, doesn't matter which 'track' is selected in the UI.
    It would be total cacophony if the app would re-route the incoming midi to the selected UI pad when using an external source to sequence the app which many users do.

If that's not good enough no one is forcing you to use GR-16, it's as simple as that...

• Here the mystery is revealed, any key only plays on fucking channel 1! They should give the possibility to change the channel to s
    Now the mystery is revealed, any key only plays on fucking channel 1! They should give you the ability to change the channel as needed, assholes

• @dav30383 said:
    Here the mystery is revealed, any key only plays on fucking channel 1! They should give the possibility to change the channel to s
    Now the mystery is revealed, any key only plays on fucking channel 1! They should give you the ability to change the channel as needed, assholes

Akai midi-controllers are real sh*t when it comes to midi configurability, no quick way to change the midi-channel...
    Even the latest mk3 lineup suffers from this so for me I will never buy anything from Akai ever again (I have the LPK25 and MPK Mini Mk2).

Currently my main controller is the CME XKey which has been with me for ages…

I tried to reach out to Akai ages ago but they showed zero interest in adding midi channel change to the devices via firmware update…

GR-16 does have amazing built-in support for the Novation LaunchPadPro Mk3…

• @dav30383 said:
    Here the mystery is revealed, any key only plays on fucking channel 1! They should give the possibility to change the channel to s

You could stick an app like MIDIFire between your controller and Gr16 and have it re-channelize for you if your controller doesn't make it easy to change the channel it sends.

• @Samu said:

@dav30383 said:

Akai midi-controllers are real sh*t when it comes to midi configurability, no quick way to change the midi-channel...
    Even the latest mk3 lineup suffers from this so for me I will never buy anything from Akai ever again (I have the LPK25 and MPK Mini Mk2).

Currently my main controller is the CME XKey which has been with me for ages…

I tried to reach out to Akai ages ago but they showed zero interest in adding midi channel change to the devices via firmware update…

GR-16 does have amazing built-in support for the Novation LaunchPadPro Mk3…

Yes yes, I agree that the GR16 is perfect and solid, it's just that it doesn't have a proper sound system (and I bought all the banks), that's why I wanted to use the GR16 as a "controller" and Korg Gadget Like synth! But would the same problem arise with AUM?